"Santa is dead kid, welcome to the suck"

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 6:43pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Remember Haganah? (F.I.G.H.T.)

Things like this really piss me off. I open up the newspaper the other day and I see this total BS story about this Haganah crap and how this man developed this style that is so unique and dangerous (hi krav wannabe!) and other such nonsense. They had yet ANOTHER "demonstration" in the Muvico theater in south florida, and when confronted about some of the applications of his teachings and his claims to be X-military for isreal...well just read this newspage story and I will write up my "free lesson" after

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/search/d...target=article
    I have niether the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manor of which I provide it.
    -A few good men

As the internet turns - omega

Bullshido Wikipedia Delegate

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 6:46pm

supporting memberhall of fameBullshido Newbie
     Style: Krav / (Kick)Boxing / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't feel like registering, and there's two articles.

Copy-Paste?

Lightweight

Posted On:
    11/07/2004 10:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Capoeira

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cannae be bothered clicking the link...nice avatar, though.
    I'm not drowning my sorrows, I'm preserving them in alcohol.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 2:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: RBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I realize this is an old thread, but since there doesnīt seem to be too many people who have trained haganah in this forum, I thought that it would bo OK to post here.

First, let me introduce myself: I am a police officer from Helsinki, Finland. I have been a cop for about 10 years, and have some background in karate, aikido and krav maga. I am not an "advanced student" in any of the arts, but I have some experience on real brawls. I became interested in haganah / F.I.G.H.T. when I read some favourable comments about it on another forum. Although the advertising seems "interesting" (the same can be said about Sammy Franco and Carl Cestari, among others), I ordered the set.

I have been trainig haganah for some time now with some colleagues. There are some things I like about haganah, and some things I find less than realistic.

Haganah system doesnīt use linear teaching method, instead the techniques are taught in rotations. In each rotation, the students trains all of the techniques (there are very limited number of techniques in haganah), and then a new rotation is started. There are no techniques one learns only after years of practice.

Haganah system uses a thing called Point Of Reference (POR). There are three basic PORīs in the system; a POR is basically a clinch. In essence, no matter what the initial situation, the defender tries to get the adversary into one of the PORīs. After that, there are only handful of finishing moves one can choose. As a police officer, I fing the POR system very nice, as you can take your opponent to grouond and restraint him easily from the PORīs.

The knife defenses are not very realistic, as well as some techniques against unarmed attacks. The training is technique-oriended and not alive. Still, the same can be said of many established martial arts systems.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 3:24am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by YJT
    I realize this is an old thread, but since there doesnīt seem to be too many people who have trained haganah in this forum, I thought that it would bo OK to post here.

First, let me introduce myself: I am a police officer from Helsinki, Finland. I have been a cop for about 10 years, and have some background in karate, aikido and krav maga. I am not an "advanced student" in any of the arts, but I have some experience on real brawls. I became interested in haganah / F.I.G.H.T. when I read some favourable comments about it on another forum. Although the advertising seems "interesting" (the same can be said about Sammy Franco and Carl Cestari, among others), I ordered the set.

I have been trainig haganah for some time now with some colleagues. There are some things I like about haganah, and some things I find less than realistic.

Haganah system doesnīt use linear teaching method, instead the techniques are taught in rotations. In each rotation, the students trains all of the techniques (there are very limited number of techniques in haganah), and then a new rotation is started. There are no techniques one learns only after years of practice.

Haganah system uses a thing called Point Of Reference (POR). There are three basic PORīs in the system; a POR is basically a clinch. In essence, no matter what the initial situation, the defender tries to get the adversary into one of the PORīs. After that, there are only handful of finishing moves one can choose. As a police officer, I fing the POR system very nice, as you can take your opponent to grouond and restraint him easily from the PORīs.

The knife defenses are not very realistic, as well as some techniques against unarmed attacks. The training is technique-oriended and not alive. Still, the same can be said of many established martial arts systems.
    Did you train KM in Combat Academy of Finland?

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 5:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberduck
    Did you train KM in Combat Academy of Finland?
    Yes, that was the place.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 7:30am

Style: Muay Thai & "t3h gr4ppl3"

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I ordered the set a little while back and I liked some of the empty handed stuff including the POR stuff. I can understand the logic of trying to get into a clinch and finish off the fight from there but that's not really a good option for someone being attacked by someone with a considerable size advantage (i.e. a 150 lb woman being attacked by a 250 lb man). The knife defense stuff was just ridiculous. That whole A-B-C approach will NOT work against someone who is trying to stab the **** out of you. If you want a good knife defense dvd, I reccomend checking out the Redzone DVDs at www.centerlinegym.com.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 10:15am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by YJT

Does it teach you how to murder villages full of Arabs like its namesake? Do you like that part or does it bug you?

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 11:38am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Are you serious? Why should it bother me? As far as I know, the word "haganah" has never murdered anyone.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 11:50am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero
    If you want a good knife defense dvd, I reccomend checking out the Redzone DVDs at www.centerlinegym.com.
    Thanks, Iīll keep that in mind.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast