Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 2:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How many KOs were there in the 4 shows you watched? I'd have to assume (because I've seen more than 4 myself) that about a third of the matches ended with KOs. Which, kind of puts your comment about not committing to punches and kicks in a different light.

However, I will agree that the WCL seems to be a starting place for point fighters to make their FC debut. And some of them are terrible. Though Daniels, a point fighter, has some impressive KO's. OTOH, the point fighters are still in the minority to a large degree compared to the people who have previous FC experience.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:01pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    How many KOs were there in the 4 shows you watched? I'd have to assume (because I've seen more than 4 myself) that about a third of the matches ended with KOs. Which, kind of puts your comment about not committing to punches and kicks in a different light.

...They get KOd because most of the time they are out of balance or just walk into one....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:45pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you get punished for being defensive or circling then a KO becomes alot less of an impressive victory in my book.

It's like going fishing in a stocked lake, then being like, " LOL look at how many fish we are catching!"

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You don't get punished for circling or being defensive. Unless you define "defensive" as "backing up until you get pushed out bounds every time your opponent attacks."

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:02pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm. Do people really object a lot to blood? I'll have to ask some of my friends who are not into combative sports if blood versus no blood is a big deal to them.

EDIT: Here is the forum if you want to check it out: http://wcltalk.s4.bizhat.com/
    Last edited by Wounded Ronin; 9/04/2007 6:06pm at . Reason: added forum link
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't remember the last time I saw an MMA low kick that wasn't above the knee, unless it was a stomp to the foot.
    Rizzo-Severn-KO

Anyway, it's sad Guy Mezger got wrapped up in this ****. Why'd Norris have to drag a good man down the toilet with him?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:05pm

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.versus.com/nw/article/vie...=true&catID=76

"World Combat League athletes are well-conditioned, exciting fighters with dynamic kicking skills. To encourage a "full throttle" style of fighting, each fighter will only fight a total of two rounds. This is intended to encourage each fighter to answer the bell with the spirit, desire and determination to earn their team as many points as possible by fighting aggressively every second of each round. The judge's scoring system and the referee's penalty point system is designed to reward this "full throttle" style of fighting and penalize any attempt to stall or be passive."

I still stand by what I said. Even if you aren't punished for the physical action of being a defensive, smart, patient fighter, (Which at times sounds like you actually do get punished ) the rules and round limits leave the competitors really only one option in hopes of scoring enough points to 'win'. And that option is to just throw crap at somebody as much as you can.

Now I'm not saying these people aren't skilled at what they do. I'm just saying the whole KO thing is going to happen generally most of the time, I'd actually be more suprised if it didn't.

This **** is not for me. I like seeing smart fights, I like seeing people really making good judgements, and moving around. I like seeing some good footwork, some smart angles being cut, and people making some effort to have intelligent entries. Among things, anyways.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sempaiman
    I wish Chuck would stop referring to himself as a 6-time world champion. Alll the big karate tournaments where called world championships but where just reqular non-contact karate tournaments. Since he did a few kickboxing movies (ie. A Force of One, etc), people think he was champion like Wallace and Lewis in kickboxing. So he is false advetising himself....
    You're talking out of your ass.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:13pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now I'm not saying these people aren't skilled at what they do. I'm just saying the whole KO thing is going to happen generally most of the time, I'd actually be more suprised if it didn't.
    Putting it that way, I am more inclined to agree. I'm sure it was designed that way because the flash KO's are crowd pleasing.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 7:04pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garuda1

I still stand by what I said. Even if you aren't punished for the physical action of being a defensive, smart, patient fighter, (Which at times sounds like you actually do get punished ) the rules and round limits leave the competitors really only one option in hopes of scoring enough points to 'win'. And that option is to just throw crap at somebody as much as you can.
    That's how I feel when watching clips like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSBF2Y_DjsI

Yeah, same thing pretty much.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast