230480 Bullies, 4602 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 60
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. yodaman is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    492

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 9:33am


     Style: Kickboxing, Boxing, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The team concept would have had more pull had the IFL not aired days later and scored a network TV deal in the same relative timespan. (if you call My9 a network)

    And it's obvious VS wasn't too thrilled with the WCL. They went and scooped up MMA programming as soon as it became available. From the perspective of the VS network, if WCL continues with the crappy ratings, they'll probably get dumped next season. And that would be the end of the WCL right there because no one else is going to want to pick them up.
  2. Dagon Akujin is offline
    Dagon Akujin's Avatar

    "I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)
    Posts
    1,842

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 12:38pm


     Style: Ving Tsun

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the idea of a "stand-up only alternative to MMA" would be great. The WCL just isn't though. The scoring makes no sense and it's hard to follow who is winning. And while it is stand-up, it isn't comprehensive. Here are my ideas to fix it, but Chuck would probably rather throw Bibles at us than change anything:

    #1: Smaller gloves. Use 4 oz. like MMA, so the fighters can use more "TMA" techniques and fewer "boxing" techniques.
    #2: Allow throws, clinches, and anything else "standing". Simply take out the ground.
    #3: Allow elbows, knees (without the quick release) and leg kicks (without the need to follow up immediately with a punch).
    #4: Make scoring easier to follow. How do you follow a 5-point-must system for each of the separate 3 minutes in a round?
    #5: Allow counter-punching (you are currently penalized for counter-punching too often).
    #6: Make the art Comprehensive Stand-Up fighting, and not simply team kick-boxing with stupid rules.
    #7: Start out like early UFC and use a style-vs.-style approach. Will the _ing _unner beat the TKD'er? Will the judoka kick every kick-boxer's ass? Then watch how things progress. The less people can say "Well, if my Kuk Sol Wan Master was in there, he'd just do X-Y-Z and every fighter would be toast", the better.

    I currently can't stand watching WCL, and that's odd because I normally will watch TKD point-sparring or XMA breaking competitions when they are on. That the WCL is LOWER on my list of prioraties is not a good sign.

    Dagon
  3. DSL is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Albany, Oregon
    Posts
    671

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 12:43pm


     Style: MMA, BJJ, CMD, TKD, FMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dagon, email that list to Chuck (under a pseudonym from a library computer heh).

    Great stuff though, and I agree. Although the style vs style thing, I'd say just more prominently state which styles the fighters are trained in.

    And that weird ring, to make it interesting, move it up about 10 feet heh.
  4. 1bad65 is offline
    1bad65's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    austin, tx
    Posts
    1,632

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 1:07pm


     Style: boxing, gjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anthony Njokuani has fought on some MMA shows in Texas. He has a great sprawl and his standup is very impressive.
  5. Axelton is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,824

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 1:35pm


     Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    Anthony Njokuani has fought on some MMA shows in Texas. He has a great sprawl and his standup is very impressive.
    Whats your point?
  6. Eldarbong is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    637

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 3:15pm


     Style: I request to be banned

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DSL
    From a striker's standpoint I enjoy the action, but the split round thing is just bizarre. The short rounds and penalties for 'thinking' seems odd too. The ring shape is just out there.
    Pretty much. They tryed to re-invent the wheel, and phailed. I would rather watch old K-1 videos than WCL any day. Also, the athletes are very b and c rate. The man reason why K-1 and muay thai are not popular in america are because the americans tend to get destroyed when they face the best that the other countries have to offer.
  7. garuda1 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    101

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 6:28pm


     Style: Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree the style vs style might make it a bit more interesting . . .


    It'd be like.. live action tekken. sweet.

    Then again, I guess C-Nor said he wanted the show to make his fighting style popular again.

    So unless karate won, it wouldn't be doing C-Nor any good. Though, in tekken karate always won, except Tekken 4 i guess. I'm pretty sure yoshimitsu won that ****.



    Yea, definetly k-1 over this stuff. It's like.. ABC family kickboxing. ****'s gross.
  8. Wolf is offline
    Wolf's Avatar

    T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,540

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 6:34pm

    staff
     Style: MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garuda1
    I agree the style vs style might make it a bit more interesting . . .


    It'd be like.. live action tekken. sweet.

    Then again, I guess C-Nor said he wanted the show to make his fighting style popular again.

    So unless karate won, it wouldn't be doing C-Nor any good. Though, in tekken karate always won, except Tekken 4 i guess. I'm pretty sure yoshimitsu won that ****.



    Yea, definetly k-1 over this stuff. It's like.. ABC family kickboxing. ****'s gross.
    Yoshimitsu my ass! My King's got a Frankensteiner for your Helicopter of Death!
  9. garuda1 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    101

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 6:41pm


     Style: Kali

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed, King's frankensteiner is a good one. Although ..

    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekken...?id=yoshimitsu

    "Yoshimitsu, head of the Manji Clan, plans to use money from winning the tournament to help the starving people of the world.

    At the end of the King of Iron Fist Tournament 4, Yoshimitsu broke into the Mishima Zaibatsu vaults and stole the money for his own. During this operation, Yoshimitsu notices the fallen Bryan Fury and takes him to Dr. Boskonovitch.

    One month later an S.O.S. goes out from Dr. Boskonovitch's research facility. Yoshimitsu rashes to the facility and finds everything in ruins and many members of the Manji Clan slaughtered. Yoshimitsu finds the defeated Dr. Boskonovitch in the deepest section of the research laboratories and learns it was Bryan, with his newly implanted perpetual power generator, that was responsible for the carnage.

    "He destroyed those who helped him... I'll never forgive hom". Yoshimitsu's fist shakes with anger.

    When Yoshimitsu hears that Bryan has entered the King of Iron Fist Tournament 5, he signs up as well, seeking revenge on behalf of his dead Manji Clan members. "


    So it looks like he stole the money, like a true ninja. They don't teach you that in Buji. Sorry this is horribly off topic. I'm just saying.

    .. so .. to stay on topic. They outta put chuck norris in Tekken 6 as a guest character ..
  10. kwoww is offline
    kwoww's Avatar

    poser

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley / Rochester
    Posts
    1,986

    Posted On:
    9/03/2007 7:18pm


     Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    #1: Smaller gloves. Use 4 oz. like MMA, so the fighters can use more "TMA" techniques and fewer "boxing" techniques.
    #2: Allow throws, clinches, and anything else "standing". Simply take out the ground.
    #3: Allow elbows, knees (without the quick release) and leg kicks (without the need to follow up immediately with a punch).
    #4: Make scoring easier to follow. How do you follow a 5-point-must system for each of the separate 3 minutes in a round?
    #5: Allow counter-punching (you are currently penalized for counter-punching too often).
    #6: Make the art Comprehensive Stand-Up fighting, and not simply team kick-boxing with stupid rules.
    #7: Start out like early UFC and use a style-vs.-style approach. Will the _ing _unner beat the TKD'er? Will the judoka kick every kick-boxer's ass? Then watch how things progress. The less people can say "Well, if my Kuk Sol Wan Master was in there, he'd just do X-Y-Z and every fighter would be toast", the better.
    I wonder if there's any way we could get this list to the WCL execs (i.e. C-Nor), because that would make the WCL a million times more awesome.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.