--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Does this look like a bad dojo?

http://www.wijj.com/info.html
    http://www.clubdekarate.com/index.html?lang=E

From what I understand from the websites, the same address and from calling the phone number these two places are the same dojo.

It seems very McDojo-y, especially the Karate section. However the BJJ/grappling section seems less bad. It still seems to have made-up martial arts and seemingly unverifyable belt rankings. However the BJJ group also seems to participate in tournaments organized by Brazilian Top Team (which has a base here in Montreal) despite the outdated look of the sites. And even though it looks crappy (Karate FAQ in particular) I get the impression they believe in alive training.

I'm getting really mixed signals from this place and I'm wondering if I should chance going here. I originally wanted to go to a reputable school led by a Dog Brother and a Canadian professional fighter but due to family problems it seems unlikely I will be able to go there.

If I do go to a free lesson or try a month, how can I tell if the grappling is good? I won't know the difference between good BJJ and bad BJJ, having never done it before.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Sensei Jocelyn is a kyokushin BB you should be able to call and see which organization he belongs to (iko1,iko2,iko3,etc.). There are a kyokushin videos (in case you haven't heard of it) in the video section or on youtube.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry my bad ... both the JJ guy and the Karate guy do kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YOUR MOM IS A BAD DOJO OHH SNAP.

You could try asking the owner if you can have a friend film the trial lesson, or use a tripod if you're going alone. Then post the video. It's probably a good idea anyway, just so we have a record of it beyond your word.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    YOUR MOM IS A BAD DOJO OHH SNAP.

You could try asking the owner if you can have a friend film the trial lesson, or use a tripod if you're going alone. Then post the video. It's probably a good idea anyway, just so we have a record of it beyond your word.
    Hey, that's not a bad idea. I could probably get my girlfriend to do it.