www.ECBlackbelt.com

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 10:08pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kosho, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'd stay clear. the whole mind control thing is suspect and a name like double dragon kempo screams mcdojo

Posted On:
    11/10/2008 10:18pm

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=ironfist666]i'd stay clear. the whole mind control thing is suspect and a name like double dragon kempo screams mcdojo[/quote.

They seem pretty cool but I study Shotokan and am staying with that Thanks.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 2:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since we are halfway on the subject of McDojos i want to chime in here and say that the landscape of martial arts has changed so freaking much i currently study SKK (not through a villari school btw) i take it with my son i hold a BB in KUng Fu San Soo,when i was when i was coming up through the KFSS system the price was$25 a month for saturday only $35 for friday and saturday, my instructor and his family lived in the back of the Dojo (an apartment nothing big) and worked "real jobs" during the week there were never belt tests if he thought you were ready to be promoted at the end of class he would have us kneel call our name and give us the belt the class gave polite applause he'd charge us 10 bucks for the belt and class dismissed, he would teach us what we were ready to learn combinations forms weapons when you recieved your BB he wouldn't charge you anything to come to work out saying "an instructor should never have to paying to to use the dojo" and that my friends to me is what real martial arts is all about

Posted On:
    11/16/2008 4:48pm

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by badguy
    Since we are halfway on the subject of McDojos i want to chime in here and say that the landscape of martial arts has changed so freaking much i currently study SKK (not through a villari school btw) i take it with my son i hold a BB in KUng Fu San Soo,when i was when i was coming up through the KFSS system the price was$25 a month for saturday only $35 for friday and saturday, my instructor and his family lived in the back of the Dojo (an apartment nothing big) and worked "real jobs" during the week there were never belt tests if he thought you were ready to be promoted at the end of class he would have us kneel call our name and give us the belt the class gave polite applause he'd charge us 10 bucks for the belt and class dismissed, he would teach us what we were ready to learn combinations forms weapons when you recieved your BB he wouldn't charge you anything to come to work out saying "an instructor should never have to paying to to use the dojo" and that my friends to me is what real martial arts is all about

yeah in a ideal world , but theres so many fakes and frauds out there ,

but I do think a bonafide teacher should be able to make a living out of teaching legitimate martial arts , after all we pay school teachers and college professors. I dont have problem with that , but its the gimmicks and the come ons I hate.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/17/2008 11:21am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what i truly doslike ios this "oh,lessons are 95 a month for group,135 for group and privates and you can attend as many groups as you want in a week (ok,i'm cool with that)..also your ghi is 50...plus required club patches....15...oh and you can only wear our club t-shirts under you ghi 18 a piece and belt tests 45 (no one has ever failed in the times i have been there)..oh and we want 100% of our school competing in tourny that's another 100 registration and any gear must be bought here so if you wanna spar cough 400 for pads (seriously 400 for sparring gear)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123