Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 4:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So a scarf hold is "teh deadly"? (I realize I am being a jackass)
    It is the single most lethal hold in the Ashida Kim and Dale Gribble arsenal! SHISHHA!

On a more serious note, I swear I read somewhere that the rear naked (hadaka jime) resulted in practice fatality. Nevertheless, I cannot cite the source therefore my point is moot. I concede...I am bested.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 4:59pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobleidea
    (pompous <--> incorrect) == false
    excessively elevated or ornate <pompous rhetoric>
    2 : having or exhibiting self-importance : ARROGANT <a pompous politician>
    3 : relating to or suggestive of pomp
    Merriam Websters definition. I take everyone here is a lit major, a grammarian, or a writer. Semantics---what people do to feel important when their arguement is little more than horseshit. (personal definition):jerkit2yf
    No dude. I'm a software engineer. Does being a biologist gives you a penchant for generalizations? ):jerkit2yf :tard:

Why not address what CNagy said, or does calling him pompous simply suffice? ** chuckles at the horseshit comment on the face of such blatant ad hominem horseshit ***
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 9/04/2007 5:02pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:06pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On a more serious note, I swear I read somewhere that the rear naked (hadaka jime) resulted in practice fatality. Nevertheless, I cannot cite the source therefore my point is moot. I concede...I am bested.
    Of course all chokes, including hadaka jime can result in fatalities. This is particularly true if it's applied in a way that results in crushing the throat or break/injure the neck. Moot point. Whether a blood choke being held for 3 seconds after a person loses consciousness has a very high probability of death, that's a different issue.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:20pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    o dude. I'm a software engineer. Does being a biologist gives you a penchant for generalizations? ):jerkit2yf :tard:

Why not address what CNagy said, or does calling him pompous simply suffice? ** chuckles at the horseshit comment on the face of such blatant ad hominem horseshit ***
    I aren't so smart with them campooturs or dat der Anglish language. But, I guess those are the exclusive domain of juicing software engineers living out their revenge fantasies through the martial arts.

After the little pro roid statement by Crack McSlugout and the need to flame every post I make just to make up for your shortcomings, I believe it's time to bail out of this place and amble on to someplace a little more congenial.

Hey, here's a little Bullshido! Juiced out second tier MMA fighters and fightin' experts can dish out **** but they can't take.

Ooooh, I used the word 'ad hominem'. Here's another word for narsacist and another one, hypocrite. This is discussion forum asshole not debate club. See that's why I can't put them little smileys after things I write. It's supposed to be fun. :thebirdma HANFD

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I aren't so smart with them campooturs or dat der Anglish language. But, I guess those are the exclusive domain of juicing software engineers living out their revenge fantasies through the martial arts.
    Oh, another generalization. Yay to you.

Oh wait, wait, wait. This is priceless? Are you saying, implying or suggesting that I'm juicing? Oh man, the fellow posters who personally know me, they will find that very fucking funny. Soooooo, do I juice?

After the little pro roid statement by Crack McSlugout and the need to flame every post I make just to make up for your shortcomings, I believe it's time to bail out of this place and amble on to someplace a little more congenial.
    Don't be such a crying bitch. I for one don't care much about this issue with Babalu. I just thought CNagy's last post made more sense and that you could have addressed it rather than just calling him pompous. But whatever... if you want to take it that personal, whatever floats your pompous boat.

Hey, here's a little Bullshido! Juiced out second tier MMA fighters and fightin' experts can dish out **** but they can't take.
    Spoiler:

Ooooh, I used the word 'ad hominem'. Here's another word for narsacist and another one, hypocrite. This is discussion forum asshole not debate club. See that's why I can't put them little smileys after things I write. It's supposed to be fun. :thebirdma HANFD[/QUOTE]That sounded pompous.
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 9/04/2007 5:37pm at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone who hasn't choked people out and been choked out doesn't belong in this thread. Nobleidea deserves a banning, IMO.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Anyone who hasn't choked people out and been choked out doesn't belong in this thread. Nobleidea deserves a banning, IMO.
    Seconded. Dude's just talking out his ass... and he has sand in his vagina.

-- EDIT --

See, only a fucking poser would think being anything but first tier is something to be ashamed off.

-- EDIT --

And just for shits and giggles, anyone who thinks a 5'6", 160lbs dude like me is juice must be rather emaciated and rachitic, both physically and mentally. LOL @ that retarded ****.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 9/04/2007 5:50pm at .

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:06pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, anatomy experts, MD's, Judo researcher and choking aficionados--please answer a question for me:

I'll assume the bit about plaque in the arteries contributing to a choke-induced Embolism is true. Is it possible that a) a sufficiently strong carotid choke hold that is held to unconsciousness is any worse than b) a sufficiently strong carotid choke hold that is held to only long enough to get a submission?

*by "sufficiently strong", I mean strong enough to work. Same strength for either (a) or (b).

There are two variables, pressure and duration. Which one (or both) is the dangerous factor?

Therein, I suggest, lies the secret to unraveling our little tempest here. Then, if we find that (a) is actually more likely to cause death than (b), we can then move on to the discussion as to whether the relative risk imposed by (a) is sufficient to get one's knickers in a knot.

DISCLAIMER: I am neither an anatomy expert, MD, Judo researcher nor choking aficionado. And I'm not wearing knickers.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:33pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wait I'm confused. Are you really leaving this time or is this like last time when you were leaving but didn't?

TKD

MA - The issue in the first study cited by Nobel was not the duration or applied force but the initial impact of the arm on the neck which was causing blunt force trauma more akin with a punch than a choke.
    Last edited by TKD Black Belt; 9/04/2007 6:35pm at . Reason: To answer part of MeatAxe's question...

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 7:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really don't need that much pressure to choke someone, it really is more about the technique.