Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 151617 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 2:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know, but I still get depressed and irritated about it, and I tend to lash out with blind rage from time to time. Here's hoping Babalu goes to Mario Sperry's new IFL team.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 2:58pm

Style: Savate, Combatives(BJJ)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CNagy
    It's all about perception, Vince. When a boxer or a football player dies, it is the untimely and unfortunate demise of an athlete. If a MMA'er were to die in the ring, it would be considered a natural result of "human gladiatorial combat" and only a matter of time. It's bullshit but, when it comes to opinion and knee-jerk legislation, fact holds less weight than illusion.
    Dead on the money

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 3:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tai Chi gymkata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's all about perception, Vince. When a boxer or a football player dies, it is the untimely and unfortunate demise of an athlete. If a MMA'er were to die in the ring, it would be considered a natural result of "human gladiatorial combat" and only a matter of time. It's bullshit but, when it comes to opinion and knee-jerk legislation, fact holds less weight than illusion.
    I think you are being a tad pompous with the entire "I'm a lit major and that's cliche," diatribe. Neverthelss, the above statement is absolutely true. And this is why, Babalu has to be dealt with in a harsh manner.
    Ass wipes like McCain seek to win the public trust by deriding and attacking anything that seems contraversial.
    As for the usefulness of anything in cardiac rehab, or Exercise Phys., whether it is under the guise of a Biology degree or in the PED department,it is looked upon as little more than a glorified personal training degree. This despite the fact I had to take OChem and Biochem, Cell Bio, Anatomy with cadaver lab, and calculus based physics. I suppose that's why my alma mater(f#@ker) moved it jock ed.
    Whether, or not I pissed in your post toasties about the dynamics of a choke. I think we both agree MMA is being singled out with this entire "human cockfighting," bullshit!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 3:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, can't the politicos go pick on DOOM and HALO and leave us alone? And I was jesting when I mocked your degree...I have a cousin who is majoring in physical therapy, and she was the valedictorian of her class and a graduate with honors.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 3:48pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree, can't the politicos go pick on DOOM and HALO and leave us alone? And I was jesting when I mocked your degree...I have a cousin who is majoring in physical therapy, and she was the valedictorian of her class and a graduate with honors.
    She has my sympathies. In some areas of the country the PT programs rival med schools in entrance requirements. Farnkly, I want out of healthcare. EMS was a blast, I loved being an EMT, being a paramedic was cool too, but the pay was not enough to feed a family on. I loath the shaping of young aduly minds, tech education pays ok, gives me tons of free time, but scares the hell out as to what the future of nursing and prehospital medicine have in store. Many of the students, "wanna make the money!" And have no really interet in the job!
    I'm just cracking jokes when I say stuff like fuktards so please don't take it personally. God knows I don't. Forums for me, are away to unwind and I certainly do not obey Rogers Rules of Order! Or feel that everything I say is worthy of scrutiny more fitting of an interrogation than an online chat. :tongue3::icon_salu

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 3:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agree, I'd hate to be judged solely on everything I've posted on the Internet.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nobleidea
    I think you are being a tad pompous with the entire "I'm a lit major and that's cliche," diatribe.
    (pompous <--> incorrect) == false
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 4:45pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I STAND CORRECTED!!!!!

I called a fellow member of USJA. He directed me to a website that had the list of deaths attributed to Judo. I was wrong! In of story! I could have sworn the kasa gatmae (SP?) was attributed to compression of the carotids. I WAS ABSOLUTELY (EATIN' CROW) WRONG!

Case 13 : Coronary Insufficiency.
    A 31-year-old man with a first-degree black belt who weighed 170 lb was teaching a junior class, and he was being held down by a 40-lb 8-year-old boy in a scarf hold. He never got up. He had a history of heart problems.
    http://srl.doosan.co.kr/commission/ed-rp-01.html

However, I have seen people go out in very short amount of time. To clarify my earlier cliche, the fine line I spoke of is the fine line that results when the unconcious state results from insufficent circulation or momentary hypoxia to the brain. Vasospasms can result and/or this can trigger the baroceptors and chemoreceptors or stimulate the vagus resulting in cesstation or decrease in perfusion, which can lead to death.
    And this COULD occur from a choke of a very short duration (5-10 seconds; more likely 10-20).

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 4:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So a scarf hold is "teh deadly"? (I realize I am being a jackass)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 4:51pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (pompous <--> incorrect) == false
    excessively elevated or ornate <pompous rhetoric>
    2 : having or exhibiting self-importance : ARROGANT <a pompous politician>
    3 : relating to or suggestive of pomp
    Merriam Websters definition. I take everyone here is a lit major, a grammarian, or a writer. Semantics---what people do to feel important when their arguement is little more than horseshit. (personal definition):jerkit2yf

"No you said, it was the d3adly! Here in line 12! Just like Capitan Janeway (insert rude trek reference) in episode, blah! Blah fucking blah.:kiss:
    Last edited by nobleidea; 9/04/2007 4:58pm at .