Posted On:
    9/09/2007 12:05pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson --> Jackson rd3 TKO
    Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping --> Bisping rd2
    Mirko Filipovic Vs. Cheick Kongo --> Cro Cop
    Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara --> Alexander - I think a smart fighter could neutralize Alexander's Spaz Fu, but I don't think Sakara is that guy.
    Tomasz Drwal Vs. Thiago Silva --> Silva (guess) both these guys seem to stop fights in the first round.
    Marcus Davis Vs. Paul Taylor --> Davis
    Gleison Tibau Vs. Terry Etim --> Etim - submission Rd2
    Anthony Torres Vs. Jess Liaudin --> Torres (guess)
    Naoyuki Kotani Vs. Dennis Siver --> Siver (guess)

I kinda sucked on this one :(

Especially if you count that Bisping lost. Hammil's skills are there, but he didn't always fight the smartest fight. I think he was dominating enough that he could have finished in the second round. As they discussed in the commentary, Bisping could do better at 185. But probably nowhere near enough to beat Franklin, Silva or some of the other top-tier fighters.

Kongo was way better than I've seen before. I like how he neutralized Crocop's kicks and even when they were in range Kongo out-kicked him. If his ground fighting improves, he'll be a title threat, but I won't pick against Couture again.

Marcus Davis! good fight!

Houston Alexander! I think if someone manages to stretch out a fight with him, he will burn himself out before the end of the first round. The guy is so frenetic.

Rampage! "It's going to be this way for a long time baby!"
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 1:34pm

Style: Hiatus for Gen. Fitness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    But that boy got fucking robbed. What judge gave Bisping all 3 rounds? Hell, I gave Hammill all 3. Were they so upset that Hammill played "Born in the U.S.A." instead of "London Calling"? Even Bispings own crowd was booing the decision.

Dagon
    None of the judges scored all three rounds to Bisping. Two judges scored it 29-28 Bisping, and one judge scored it 30-27 Hamill. Round 1 was Hamill's, round 2 was debatable, and round 3 was Bisping's.

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 3:37pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shedding some light on fedor
    and Mark Hunt!

LINK

CREDIT TO CHINHEAD from Ninjashoes.net (THE BEST MMA FORUM)

Hey bros thought ive give you guys a heads up on what happened today before the weigh-ins there was a q and a with Dana and Joe Rogan, alot of interesting questions here is a brief overview of what Dana said...

He said he was very close to signing Fedor but he would not be there tomorrow, both he and rogan had massive grins of their faces, i thought he was lieing and the impression i got was that it was a done deal!!!

Dana said he has no doubts he will be signing Brock Lesner soon

Mark Hunt is under contract with the ufc at the moment but they dont know what to do with him, his biggest problem is the weight

If Sherk fails his appeal he will be stripped of the title and bj and stevenson will fight for the vacant title..

Arlovski will be fighting again in november didnt say who but said it would be a great match-up (my money is on big nog)

UFC will be doing shows in Canada, Mexico and Germany soon as well as more shows in the engalnd and scotland

He thinks banning steroid users for a year is a big enough punishment as they lose the ability to earn a living for a year

He would be interested in signing Denis Kang but had not heard from him or his management

No featherweights in the ufc for now, looking to push lighter fighters in WEC

Did not rule out when asked about the possibility of signing James Thompson in the future (not sure he knew who he was!)

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 4:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    *fucking spoilers*
    Were they so upset that Hammill played "Born in the U.S.A." instead of "London Calling"? Even Bispings own crowd was booing the decision.
    Personally I think he should have picked "America, **** Yeah!"

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 4:45pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tabwyo
    I

All in all the night was pretty lack luster.
    WTF?!?! What do you call a good night. The Marcus davis fight was fantastic. Rampage v. Hendo was awesome, as was the quick Houston Alexander/Alessio Sakara fight. Bisping/Hamill was decent even with a poor judges decision. Cro Cop/Kongo wasn't bad at all. Sure there have been better ufc's, but overall this was a pretty damn good night IMO. If you think that's a lackluster night you might as well give up watching UFC/MMA all together. You'll never be happy.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 4:49pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    WTF?!?! What do you call a good night. The Marcus davis fight was fantastic. Rampage v. Hendo was awesome, as was the quick Houston Alexander/Alessio Sakara fight. Bisping/Hamill was decent even with a poor judges decision. Cro Cop/Kongo wasn't bad at all. Sure there have been better ufc's, but overall this was a pretty damn good night IMO. If you think that's a lackluster night you might as well give up watching UFC/MMA all together. You'll never be happy.
    I rooted for Bispin and even I call bullshit on this fight.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 9:53pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's not the worst hometown decision I've seen, but it was pretty bad. I'll have to rewatch it. I gave the first round to Hamill easily, the second round to Hamill, and the last round narrowly to Bisping. I wanna watch again to see if there's any way a sane man could give Bisping round 2.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 5:47am

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "What can I say, I'm very disappointed. I broke a rib already in the first round, so I was breathing heavily, I also got two knees in the groin, which hurt my stamina. I feel bad, I fought bad, maybe I'm getting older," he tried to make a joke. "My rib hurts, don't be mad, we're gonna continue. I just want to go home right now and take a rest. We'll see. Thanks to everyone who came to London to support me, thanks!"
    http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Mirko-Cro...-75-Fight.html

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 7:34am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mark Hunt is under contract with the ufc at the moment but they dont know what to do with him, his biggest problem is the weight
    **** weight limits for heavies.

Rogans side-kick mentioned something about fedor during the broadcast. I think he was asking how cro-cop or congo would stand up to him but I'm not sure since I was fairly drunk. Anyone catch the exact wording?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 12:03pm

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My opinions...in soundbite form

Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson
    Rampage is my hero

Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping
    Hamill got robbed, big time

Mirko Filipovic Vs. Cheick Kongo (the UFC site says 'Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo')
    Cro Cop has become gunshy, fighting to not lose rather than fighting to win. Kongo is huge

Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara
    Houston is a fireball of asswhoopery

Tomasz Drwal Vs. Thiago Silva
    Didn't see it

Marcus Davis Vs. Paul Taylor
    Slick slick maneuvers on Davis' part. But Taylor made sure it was a war.

Gleison Tibau Vs. Terry Etim
    Didn't see it

Anthony Torres Vs. Jess Liaudin
    Didn't see it

Naoyuki Kotani Vs. Dennis Siver
    Didn't see it
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast