Posted On:
    9/07/2007 11:45pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson
    My gut says Rampage, but I said before I'm done picking against the old RAW crew this year, and I meant it. Hendo by TKO.

Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping
    Six months ago, I would have said Hamill by lay and pray, since I doubt Bisping could reliably stop the takedown and he hasn't shown a lot off his back. Now, Bisping is training with Rampage and Hamill is training with random drinking buddies. Bisping via TKO.

Mirko Filipovic Vs. Cheick Kongo
    Mirko via sub or TKO on the ground, unless Kongo's hat at weigh-ins was concealing the fact that he's grown his hair out and bleached it blonde, in which case Kongo by decapitation.

Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara
    Alessio is nowhere near as good a boxer as the announcers like to make him out to be, just because he won some meaningless alphabet title in Italy. Houston by superior "explosiveness".

Tomasz Drwal Vs. Thiago Silva
    A guy who's fought a bunch of guys I've never heard of in Poland, vs a guy who's fought a lot of guys I've never heard of in Brazil and Japan. Silva via superior can-crushing powers.

Marcus Davis Vs. Paul Taylor
    Davis via having beaten people I've heard of. Ideally with a line from Rogan about "The Irish Hand Grenade exploding in London", just so I can laugh over my black-and-tan.

Gleison Tibau Vs. Terry Etim
    Terry Etim is 10 and 0 via sub, but only one of his opponents has had a winning record. The only Tibau fight I remember was him getting smacked around by Nick Diaz, but Etim is no Nick Diaz. Tibau via sub.

Anthony Torres Vs. Jess Liaudin
    Torres looked okay at the one UFN I saw him on, so I guess Torres via sub.

Naoyuki Kotani Vs. Dennis Siver
    Either Kotani by sub in the first minute or two, or Siver by domination thereafter... like pretty much all of Kotani's fights.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 1:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: 10th Planet Jits

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct me if I am wrong...but after this match, there is going to be no Pride Middleweight Title? If so, does that mean they are doing away with the idea of resurrecting Pride? If that is the case, that is depressing news.

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 1:59am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want Rampage to win, partly for the for the post-fight interview.

Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson - SD
    Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping - By cool accent
    Mirko Filipovic Vs. Cheick Kongo - Easy favourite. Like against Gonzaga
    Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara - Too hard to call. Sakara is more technical.
    Tomasz Drwal Vs. Thiago Silva - Hard to call
    Marcus Davis Vs. Paul Taylor - Good boxer vs good kickboxer. Going with Davis as he has fought better competition.
    Gleison Tibau Vs. Terry Etim - Tibau's wrestling looked pretty good. Hard to BJJ when you can't get to the ground.
    Anthony Torres Vs. Jess Liaudin - Surprised Torres is still around.

I'm happy to hear Fedor is with the UFC. It would be a shame if he was in BoDog or Mark Cuban's new promotion.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 5:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwoww
    lol @ them not knowing Cro Cop's last name.

this is going to be awesome, especially since it's going to be free
    Wrong. It's gonna suck because it's free. Even in the PPV UFCs you have to watch a lot of ads for upcoming UFCs and Xyience, and in the Spike ones you have that, and then regular ads. The last one on Spike was teh gay. You don't get to see them between fights, see how they're doing, how they're breathing, how they're bleeding. I'd so much rather pay $5 at a bar, or to a buddy who's getting the PPV, than have to deal with it on Spike.

As for my picks:

Hendo will just overwhelm Rampage, but it'll go to a decision.
    Hamill by decision, with a lot of take-downs and lay n pray
    Filipovic by TKO, second round. I'm hoping for a nasty body kick that breaks some ribs.
    Houston Alexander with five-head magic.
    I don't know about the rest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 7:33am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Irish hand grenade exploding over London"

that would be magical. I really hope goldberg or somebody says that.

poser

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 11:07am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PunchyMcFace
    Wrong. It's gonna suck because it's free. Even in the PPV UFCs you have to watch a lot of ads for upcoming UFCs and Xyience, and in the Spike ones you have that, and then regular ads. The last one on Spike was teh gay. You don't get to see them between fights, see how they're doing, how they're breathing, how they're bleeding. I'd so much rather pay $5 at a bar, or to a buddy who's getting the PPV, than have to deal with it on Spike.
    I can't afford the $40 for the PPV and can't get into a bar so I'm kinda screwed there, ya?

But I think what I'll do for 76 is just buy the PPV and tape it (VHS... rockin' it old school!) so I can watch it whenever.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 11:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff
    I want Rampage to win, partly for the for the post-fight interview.

Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson - SD
    Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping - By cool accent
    Mirko Filipovic Vs. Cheick Kongo - Easy favourite. Like against Gonzaga
    Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara - Too hard to call. Sakara is more technical.
    Tomasz Drwal Vs. Thiago Silva - Hard to call
    Marcus Davis Vs. Paul Taylor - Good boxer vs good kickboxer. Going with Davis as he has fought better competition.
    Gleison Tibau Vs. Terry Etim - Tibau's wrestling looked pretty good. Hard to BJJ when you can't get to the ground.
    Anthony Torres Vs. Jess Liaudin - Surprised Torres is still around.

I'm happy to hear Fedor is with the UFC. It would be a shame if he was in BoDog or Mark Cuban's new promotion.
    It would have been great if you predicted Matt Hamill by the same technique.
    Last edited by PunchyMcFace; 9/08/2007 1:01pm at .

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 12:13pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess part of picking a winner is who you *want* to win. Even though I've gained a greater appreciation for wrestlers lately, I still have to go against Henderson and Hamill. From what I've seen of Hamill, he's the pretty bad for the LnP and Bisping just strikes me as someone who has his **** together. He might be a bit over-hyped, but I'd still like to see him win.

I can't disrespect Henderson one bit and he's a hell of a lot more exciting a fighter. I just think Jackson's size and strength and *pretty good* wrestling will help him win. Plus, the after-fight interview will make it. Hell, even if he loses, it will be awsome.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 12:55pm

Style: Poor mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone doubting Crocop's form should see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PYod7j5eWA

Training with Bonjasky, who is much better now than he was when Crocop beat him, should take care of any "standup" issues he would have had.

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 1:15pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    great vid! thanx
    bojansky is lookin slick
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast