Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 3:00am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Technically, he did, but only after beating him into near unconsciousness standing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 8:20am

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson-A pick em' fight if you ask me. I flipped a coin. Jackson

Matt Hamill Vs. Michael Bisping-Hamill by superior wrestling, but I'm pulling for Bisping.

Mirko Filipovic Vs. Cheick Kongo (the UFC site says 'Mirko Cro Cop Vs. Cheick Kongo')-Cro Cop, but this may be a pretty good fight since both prefer to stand and bang

Houston Alexander Vs. Alessio Sakara- Alexander

Tomasz Drwal Vs. Thiago Silva- Dont know much about either. People pick Silva, so I'll show Tomasz some love

Marcus Davis Vs. Paul Taylor- Dont know much about Taylor. Davis by familiarity.

Gleison Tibau Vs. Terry Etim- Etim

Anthony Torres Vs. Jess Liaudin-Torres?

Naoyuki Kotani Vs. Dennis Siver-Kotani because he has a cooler name.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 5:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm calling Hendo by decision after a 5 round war. Truthfully, I think Rampage has good chances, but for some reason I sense a "disappointing for the UFC" loss coming. Also, though I expect this to be an awesome fight, am I the only one who thinks this match-up is a bit disappointing from the perspective of a "UFC v Pride" thing? I mean, everyone was waiting for Liddel/Silva for so long. Now it just seems like two of Pride's guys fighting. From a "UFC v Pride" perspective only, mind you. Otherwise this match-up rocks.

I'm also calling Hammil over Bisping, by UD. I think we will see a Bisping who, despite what he says now, didn't want this fight and has no respect for Hammil. And we will see a much improved Hammil who is able to get enough takedowns every round to earn the decision.

And believe it or not, I'm calling Kongo over my man Mirko. I actually think Mirko could win it if he takes the fight to the ground. But he won't and we will see a past his prime (and doesn't really want to fight in the UFC anyway) Cro Cop versus a younger stronger Kongo. 3rd rd Ref Stoppage.

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 5:32pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so apparently theres been legit rumors swirling around about Fedor signing with the UFC

And as i promised my source i cant say ****, but lemme outline what IS fact

Fedor will be in attendance for UFC 75
    Fedor either has, or is about to sign a deal with Affliction (dead give away IMO)

and I'll be happy to see Dana white enter the octagon with a microphone

(and the rumored offers of $2 million per fight is accurate)

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 5:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt W.
    I'm calling Hendo by decision after a 5 round war. Truthfully, I think Rampage has good chances, but for some reason I sense a "disappointing for the UFC" loss coming. Also, though I expect this to be an awesome fight, am I the only one who thinks this match-up is a bit disappointing from the perspective of a "UFC v Pride" thing? I mean, everyone was waiting for Liddel/Silva for so long. Now it just seems like two of Pride's guys fighting. From a "UFC v Pride" perspective only, mind you. Otherwise this match-up rocks.

I'm also calling Hammil over Bisping, by UD. I think we will see a Bisping who, despite what he says now, didn't want this fight and has no respect for Hammil. And we will see a much improved Hammil who is able to get enough takedowns every round to earn the decision.

And believe it or not, I'm calling Kongo over my man Mirko. I actually think Mirko could win it if he takes the fight to the ground. But he won't and we will see a past his prime (and doesn't really want to fight in the UFC anyway) Cro Cop versus a younger stronger Kongo. 3rd rd Ref Stoppage.
    wow, ur picking a lot of upsets

i agree i think Hendo will win

I don't agree that Bisping will lose. Have u seen who Bisping has been training with for this fight? Conversely, Hamill apparently has worn out his welcome at a lot of gyms. To the point that he's pretty much training himself. (Even in the countdown show, it seemed that way) His attitude is apparently what rubs ppl the wrong way

Cro Cop has been taking his training too damn seriously for me to doubt him. His camp consists of some great kickboxers currently (Yvel, and Sefo? or is it LeBanner?)....and apparently Dean Lister flew out to give him a hand on the ground too....so it seems to me Crocop has set himself up very nicely to battle Kongo. Not taking anything away from kongo tho, he's been training with Rampage and his camp up at big bear.....so this should be fun to watch

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 5:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I'd like Mirko to win. It'll all depend on if he comes out like the old Mirko or not. If he's been training that hard, I'll happily eat my words after his win.

Edited to add: Obviously, I don't have the inside information on training that you do, but Hammil just seems like a beast. I still see him taking it.
    Last edited by Matt W.; 9/07/2007 5:51pm at .

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 6:05pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HANKtheTANK
    so apparently theres been legit rumors swirling around about Fedor signing with the UFC

And as i promised my source i cant say ****, but lemme outline what IS fact

Fedor will be in attendance for UFC 75
    Fedor either has, or is about to sign a deal with Affliction (dead give away IMO)

and I'll be happy to see Dana white enter the octagon with a microphone

(and the rumored offers of $2 million per fight is accurate)
    Found this FWIW:
    http://mmafightvideos.blogspot.com/2...d-will-be.html
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 7:02pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    cool, i never did look for where these news came from. I usually just rely on my local sources. But yeah, the sambo issue seems to have been ironed out in fedors favor =)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 10:32pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My 2 cents:

I have to go with Cro Cop because I feel his standup is superior, and I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to go to the ground and pound Kongo out. (It's probably not going to happen, but I wouldn't be too surprised).

Between Jackson and Hendo, I'm going with Hendo. It's 50-50 in my mind, and I want Hendo to win.

Between Bisping and Hamill (sp), I'm going for Bisping. I think he has a better all-around game, superior training, and superior technique. Bisping by some form of beating the hell out of Hamill.

The rest, I don't know. I'm not enthusiastic enough to think any of them through. And regardless, I'll be at work tomorrow until midnight, so I won't get to see any of this anyway. I'm coming to Bullshido tomorrow just after midnight MST, and I expect a full report on wins/losses and whatever announcements Dana White makes. EDIT: please?

Dave

Posted On:
    9/07/2007 11:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    rampage winning would serve UFC's marketing machine better, since he is more exciting, and packs a ton of charisma

hendo is a quiet guy, surely Dana would prefer Rampage
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast