Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 6:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Losing Weight

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    That extreme wanting of getting into full gear is called dumbfuckery. I know, I've done that, too. Go easy and don't over train... bitch!

What the??? To each its own. God bless NSAIDs.

Have you tried icying the area, or massaging it with icy-hot. I would strongly advise about stretching without first massaging it with icy-hot first. And take some ibuprofen at least while you make your appo with the chiro.
    thanks for the concern.

Ill choke on a bottle of ibuprofen a day, since that doesn't do **** to you. doesn't it actually make you healthier? good for your heart if you take one a day? or am i just jumping into shark filled water for saying that?

poser

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 7:09pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quite the contrary. Ibuprofen can cause internal bleeding if you overdose. You're thinking of Aspirin, which has the side effect of being a blood thinner, which can prevent heart attacks in some patients after long-term use.

IMO don't take any kind of medication unless you really need it. I guess you can use ibuprofen or aspirin until you see the chiropractor, though.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 7:20pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will taking an aspirin or two a day make me able to train harder? (ie less soreness, pain) or is it an extremely tiny difference? is aspirin addictive?

LOL at my n00b questions.

(edit- took an ibuprofen and i can swing my arm around like a idiot again.... or is that just psychological?)

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by polishillusion
    I did work out a lot before I became a lazy piece of tubby wubby ****.
    Coda Scott is a tubby wubby ****, but at least you can see a small vestige of some sort of training. Your movements never showed anything which even hinted at 4 hours of training a day.

Aspirin is not addictive, but besides being hard on the stomach (it nearly killed my business partner) you don't want to be taking standard anti-pain dosages every day if you do heavy contact training.
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 8/30/2007 9:33pm at .
    Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.

"Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
    Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
    Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
    Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
    Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
    Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a ***** or just cruising for some
    I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
    TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
    ATTN TOM KAGAN
    World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
    Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
    I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
    Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 10:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my right shoulder is always consistently sore and unable to move with 100% freedom.
    polishillusion--I'm afraid I think I know what's wrong with you.

I hope you are sitting down.

It sounds to me like you are describing a systemic condition referred to by doctors as 'aging.' I too have this condition...nay...this disease.

I'm sorry to have to be the one to tell you this. I pray you have a god-fearing family who will provide you with support.

They're working on a cure, but have yet been unsuccessful. There are many treatments that can at least make you look like you're not that sick, but they are expensive and not 100% reliable.

Every fucking morning something hurts and doesn't move right, and I ask God why me? I've been a good person. Why did I have to have this disease? It has made me question a lot, but ultimately has made me stronger, and made my faith in God stronger by re-emphasizing that my God is an angry God and a God that promotes suffering, and I remember that and fear my God and pray that my God delivers me from the evil he has cursed me with and allows me to live with him when I die, and wake up in a soft fluffy bed good enough for God, and not be sore every morning that I wake. I will enter his kingdom, of heaven, through a pearly gate with a fountain--a fountain of youth, if you will. Until then, I will moan and grunt loud every morning when I get out of bed...and those moans will be a plea to God to stop my suffering. Stop my...aging.

God bless you and amen.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 10:38pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Will taking an aspirin or two a day make me able to train harder? (ie less soreness, pain) or is it an extremely tiny difference? is aspirin addictive?

LOL at my n00b questions.

(edit- took an ibuprofen and i can swing my arm around like a idiot again.... or is that just psychological?)
    What the? Is this dude for real?????????? :icon_scra
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 10:45pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw
    Every fucking morning something hurts and doesn't move right, and I ask God why me? I've been a good person. Why did I have to have this disease? It has made me question a lot, but ultimately has made me stronger, and made my faith in God stronger by re-emphasizing that my God is an angry God and a God that promotes suffering, and I remember that and fear my God and pray that my God delivers me from the evil he has cursed me with and allows me to live with him when I die, and wake up in a soft fluffy bed good enough for God, and not be sore every morning that I wake. I will enter his kingdom, of heaven, through a pearly gate with a fountain--a fountain of youth, if you will. Until then, I will moan and grunt loud every morning when I get out of bed...and those moans will be a plea to God to stop my suffering. Stop my...aging.
    Don't be angry he already delivered you from chu....oh I mean evil.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 9:25am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am 22 fucking years old. I am not an old man.

yes the aspirin question was serious, i am just an idiot.

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 10:35am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Get Bob Andrson's book 'STRETCHING'. Pulled something in my back a couple of weeks ago wrestling and felt rotten. Been doing the stretches for about 4 days now and I feel a lot better.

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 12:44pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Have you tried icying
    When I first read this, I thought El Macho said "Have you tried crying?", and I thought, LOL now there is a forum leader :icon_salu
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast