Sponsored Links Spacer Image

poser

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 11:09am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red512S
    I was a little annoyed at how much Rampage seemed to down-play the ground game. I know he said that action on the ground is okay, but I got the sense that he was dissing fighters that utilize wrestling and BJJ as their main component.

Dave
    Yeah they had a bit of the meathead brawler thing going on. Not exactly great for MMA's image (like Judah saying how he likes MMA better because there's more blood), but Rampage is a great fighter so I'm not going to argue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 11:48am

Style: The Sweet Science

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red512S
    I was a little annoyed at how much Rampage seemed to down-play the ground game. I know he said that action on the ground is okay, but I got the sense that he was dissing fighters that utilize wrestling and BJJ as their main component.

Dave

He's just expressing a preferrence, obviously Jackson is more than capable of handling him self on the ground.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 1:28pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah Bell2Bell, I agree that he was probably just trying to express a preference, but in my opinion he came off like he downplays the abilities and effectiveness of BJJ and wrestling. He is an awesome fighter though, and hasn't lost any of my respect (as if he gives a **** about my respect).

Dave

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 2:01pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly, I don't think this was a "debate" at all...it sounded like two guys just kinda dicking around talking about a couple good/bad points about their respective sports, rather than why one is better than the other. This is exactly the type of communication we need to have more of between mma/boxing. They both made it very clear that it's apples/oranges and that both boxers and MMA fighters are good at what they do and should only be compared on a very superficial level.

It was fun to read...better than the yelling matches you see Joe Rogan get into about stuff...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12