• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 7:29pm

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is it sad that I agree with you on Masamune for Sephiroth or the fact that I know who Relena Peacecraft (or any of the other anime/video games/otaku references)? I think it's that I once dressed up in a Shaolin Monk Costume and dreamed of Chewbacca that night...

Oh, and yeah, higher res would be nice, I think my retinas are going to explode now...

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 7:42pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The resolutions are being worked on. All will be well within two days.

In the meantime: Here I am being a terrible hypocrite.

I am myself an Otaku and have no patience for those who are too cool for the internet. This month's HDA? was born out of a want to find out how martial arts are percieved among various subcultures. This one happens to be mine.

I fully realize that Otaku, in japan and america, are a freaky little subculture, and i'm fine with that. I'd no more expect the average nihonjin to be able to do the Lucky Star dance than I would expect the average British to sport a foot high, liberty spike mohawk and have a complete Smiths collection, no matter how fu'ing terrif their latest albume might be.

In every hobby, there's someone who has to go and ruin it for everyone else by taking it too far. Wether it's ROYCE4EVA@hotmail.com who's constantly talking about his upcoming NHB carreer which mysteriously never happens, or Edmund R. Fanboy who blasts Cruel Angel's Thesis in the corridors while you're trying to study, I will be there.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 7:44pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jack, how can I get the URLs of the highres pictures?

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 1:44am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hedge: You actually like Utena? I am saddened. It's like French foreign film meets anime. There are a million odd anime titles, but Utena was the only one that left me feeling like I'd done about 6 grams of shrooms...but without the awesome light effects and spatial distortion. Wait. No, the race car scene was spatial distortion. So without the light effects only.

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 2:01am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm... this makes me wonder what type of horrors I'd see if I did this sort of investigation in the 501st Boards.... (Would the cosplayers of the Star Wars Galaxy be more or less inclined to idiocy than those found in the Anime World???)

Meh, I'm too lazy.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 2:30am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CosPlay and Star Wars? I see "Aikido is like the Jedi!" and "Ninja are teh Sith!" posts in your future, WWCheese.

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 2:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tang Soo Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that was really funny ^^ kudos

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 4:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    Hedge: You actually like Utena? I am saddened. It's like French foreign film meets anime. There are a million odd anime titles, but Utena was the only one that left me feeling like I'd done about 6 grams of shrooms...but without the awesome light effects and spatial distortion. Wait. No, the race car scene was spatial distortion. So without the light effects only.
    Clearly you only watched the movie. The series is no less surreal but it has an inner logic.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 8:30pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    Here I am being a terrible hypocrite.
    I am myself an Otaku...I fully realize that Otaku, in japan and america, are a freaky little subculture, and i'm fine with that. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    Clearly you only watched the movie. The series is no less surreal but it has an inner logic.
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,................................... .......
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllll.\.................................
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\............................ ....
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,...........................
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,...... ............
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/17/2007 8:59pm

Style: 유도 (Judo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the bit a bout the Drop Kick Murphy's bible was hilarious.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast