Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 10:54pm

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is statistically impossible for so many members of those otaku boards to be female. I saw more than one.

How do Chameleon Circuit?

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 11:04pm

Style: jkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli
    Higher res pic's plz. I cant read them for ****.

me neither

Diabolical Physiognomy

Posted On:
    9/15/2007 11:40pm

Style: Boxing; Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I suppose I failed. Sorry dude. I don't know what happened. You can read them clearly when you go to my album and click them.

Now lovely Lucifer, in hell so stark
    King, and lord of sin and pride
    With some mist his wits make dark.
    He send thee grace to be thy guide

HE LOOKS LIKE A TINY BEAR MIXED WITH A CAT, AND THAT IS THE MEANEST ANIMAL MIXTURE EVER, BEAR FOR FUCKING STRENGTH, AND CAT FOR FUCKING MEAN!!! ************.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 10:07am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny someone said "Otaku". I know plenty of people who claim they are Otaku as if it means "Noble Roundeye giving Praise to Japan". Unfortunately for them:

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.planetshogo.com/otaku/ndefine.htm
    Well, it is difficult to find a truely accurate definition of the word otaku, but The Enclyclopedia of Japanese Pop Culture by Mark Schilling seems to have the best description of what an otaku is

"It is tempting to translate otaku as 'nerd',but though both are often thought of, humorously, as socially inept loners, otaku are also fanatically knowledgeable in one abstruse field, be it Godzilla movies or the history of sumo wrestling. Otaku got their name from their habit of addressing others as otaku, a form of the second-person singular and plural that is polite, impersonal, and, in certain social contexts, bizarrely off-putting, like calling a classmate 'sir.' Foreign fans of Japanese manga and animation who can recite Hayao Miyazaki's entire filmography proudly refer to themselves as otaku, though in Japan itis a label that also carries implications of serious strangeness."

-Mark Schilling
    Every cosplay, AnimeCon going person I ever met was definitely Otaku. In the respect of, weird. Especially those with a hardon for martial arts.

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 11:29am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
    I suppose I failed. Sorry dude. I don't know what happened. You can read them clearly when you go to my album and click them.
    Someone just needs to use the full sized ones (click on the image) and not the medium one that's displayed.

poser

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 11:31am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always thought it was a way of saying "**** you" to the people who called them otaku. Like, "yeah we're nerds, and proud of it, too!"

The name of the "big bang" theory in physics was originally a dirisive quip... and now it's the official name for the theory.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 11:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It might be from their side, but ask a native Japanese speaker and they snicker to themselves about the word "Otaku". Because it's closest approximation would be if fucktards started calling themselves fucktards, and proudly. Doesn't exactly make it a good thing to call oneself. As the saying goes, "No matter how many times you say something, that doesn't make it true." Except, in this case, we can replace "true" with "a wonderful term meaning 'I am loved by all'".

poser

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 11:49am

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Makes sense.

There's this lobby outside the auditorium in my school, and all the half-retarded antisocial drug-addicted emo artsy hippie kids hang out there. They love being called "lobby kids" while everyone else uses the term as a negative. I used to be one :(

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 11:58am

Style: WTF TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From what little I could make out, that thread sounds like a sin. Enlighten them with a smart stick plz.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/16/2007 12:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ouch. I feel for you. I called myself an "outcaste", as we were given that name by others in school. You know, theoretical physics reading, computer batch file hacking (hey, we had 386's and nobody could figure out how we got them to lock down for weeks, so it was fun to hack the startup batch file), all-black wearing, abnormal kids. But we all grow up. Unless you're Otaku. Then you just let out the seams in your SSJ4 Gogeta costume and buy a bigger Spikyhair wig. Otaku never dies.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast