226247 Bullies, 3811 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Spread the Word: Your Martial Responsibility

I bet you're real pleased with yourself. Yah, I bet you're feelin' pretty good about where you're at in the marital scheme of things, hmm? Alive training, effective grappling... you're living the dream, right?

What about the poor, untaught masses, though? What of them? Sit not in your mansion of marital contentment, but rather, go forth and spread the good news!

Informing people about what martial arts REALLY is... can be tough. A young 20-something who's sunk 10 years into Shotokan or Hapkido may not want to hear that Muay Thai and BJJ are simply more effective. If you consider yourself a martial artist, however, it is your moral obligation to lead him away from the false prophets of our common enemy: bullshido martial arts.

The Counter-Argument Method

The most commonly employed method of saving the corrupted martial soul is that of the "Counter-Argument." This is when the fallacy being confronted is posed with what most of us would call logic.

FOR EXAMPLE:

YOU: Aw, man, why is there no grappling training at your school?
    HIM: Rolling around on the ground? That's a good way to get killed on the streetz!
    YOU: Huh? You mean you'd really go for a head kick first thing in a fight?
    HIM: A spinning head kick, n00b. If it goes to the ground, I'll get AIDS or something.
    YOU: So, what if a guy tackles you?
    HIM: I'd just elbow him in the back, breaking his spine and sending a wave of pain down to his feet. Then his toes would explode.
    YOU: What? That doesn't work!
    HIM: Oh really?
    YOU: Yah, I mean, it's been done before, on camera! It just doesn't stop a takedown.
    HIM: My goodness! I've been wrong all along! How could I have been so mislead?
    Here, look, it's right here on YouTube.

As you can see, logic CAN be an effective tool, but often times it will fail to turn a lost soul to the light. That's why we have:

The Constant-Sarcasm Method

A very effective method of creating doubt in the mind of a bullshidoka is to put some sting to his pride. Read on...

YOU: Aw, man, why is there no grappling training at your school?
    HIM: Rolling around on the ground? That's a good way to get killed on the streetz!
    YOU: Huh? You mean you'd really go for a head kick first thing in a fight?
    HIM: A spinning head kick, n00b. If it goes to the ground, I'll get AIDS or something.
    YOU: So, what if a guy tackles you?
    HIM: I'd just elbow him in the back, breaking his spine and sending a wave of pain down to his feet. Then his toe nails would fly off.
    YOU: What if he just fires lasers out of his eyes and burns through your crotch?
    HIM: WTF?
    YOU: Dude, elbows to the back don't stop takedowns. That's just bullshit.
    HIM: You think I don't know how to fight or something?
    YOU: I think you need to stop snorting nose candy, THAT's what I think.
    HIM: (Unnerved) Whatever.
    HIM: (1 month later) My fragile sensibilities are damaged, and I think I'm beginning to see the light. Tell me more.

As you can see, chipping away at his confidence in his false God will allow you to plant the seeds of the noble truth. Do so.

These examples are just a sampling of the ways you can lead the lost to the light. Remember, we’ve only reached to where we are because we had the information available to us. Inform those poor, lost souls, and you yourself will be moved further along your own path to martial salvation!

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 7:20am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

mma,bjj and most martial arts

fraudulent-traditional martial arts and mma are gimmicks, "sports taught to people who mistake fighting for combat. fake fraudulent-traditional martial arts and mma fighting pretty much equals a really good spanking, of course you can beat or choke a man to death(similar to child abuse), but to be efficient at stopping the human body's major support systems with the least amount of time and effort is an art that is almost extinct. butt dont get me wrong, beating or choking a man into submission or death is an art all unto its own even if it is only a few steps up from a school kid's playground brawl...... the problem.... most "traditional" martial artist try to "fight" MMA's in a prospective that is Taylor for the mma fighter and wind up getting bloodied, embarrassed or seriously injured. it in my opinion, if you want to learn to brawl learn boxing, if you want to learn to fight learn MMA, if you want your head filled up with false traditions, a false sense of honor , living in the past and a system taught by a self acclaimed master who was taught buy a easterner who wanted to make a fast buck teaching a self absorbed sport version of an art that he didn't understood himself - go to your local "traditional" martial arts studio.. fighting is a ritual that humans perform when they want to establish dominance ,in which they are no different from animal behavior, mma practitioners would dominate most of it....mma would not work in a real combat situation against trained professionals(ancient and modern people who train to efficiently kill a human) the reason why i say this is due to the fact that most killers whether they be serial, criminal, or professional start off with weapons or an advantage and work there way backwards to hand to hand. it is my opinion that mma will dominate in a ritualistic weaponless one on one fighting interaction, i also recommend it to people who want to learn to dominate that type of scenario.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 1:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In the traditional school of thought (of which I tend to gravitate towards) training of the more dangerous techniques should not be given freely to just anyone wanting to learn them. For example, you can teach cervical locks to anyone - however, should you? The question is whether the person you are teaching is moral enough to be able to restrain themselves in a given situation. Of course this is a purely personal opinion of the Sensei but another reason why traditional karate reserves some of the more interesting techniques until after you make Shodan.

This is kind of hard to put into words, but I (just me personally - and others of like mind) am under a moral obligation to teach only those whose character I can trust not to misuse the techniques. Of course, there is always the case where somebody snaps - and nobody can foresee that. But with the MMA community the way it is today it seems that there are people out there who can't control their temper and would just as soon rumble with you as look at you.

I feel that learning martial arts should give you control over yourself - and should only be used if you feel you have to protect your life and not to settle some stupid argument.

The question is: Should the martial arts (including the MMA community) train anyone who wants to learn these techniques? and If so, what restrictions (if any) would you place on teaching?

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 5:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i would like to address fickle fingerof fate.
    please excuse my grammar ...my English is bad. and please don't let my grammar be the reason why you disagree with my statement, i think that people who troll on the use of proper grammar are afraid to debate the statements that are made. people who use these tactics make a comment about your grammar and then say your full of sht without giving a reason why they disagree with your statements -these people are classified as grammar trolls :).

i somewhat agree with tsuba5, first, most non-Asian people misunderstand the term outsiders. It is true that at the surface level the term outsider is used in reference to people who are not of a particular race. the second deeper meaning of the term outsider is used to describe an individual who is not part of a particular family. We must remember that in certain parts of the world you don't have to be a blood relative to be part of a family. once accepted into a family you are given the honor to represent the family's name and participate in family business. for example it is historically proven that musashi had several adopted sons to whom he transmitted his art in total. it is also true that most of the original families of martial combat systems have converted over or is associated in secret to families who profit from crime. true transmission of a real martial combat system is only reserved for family members and not taught to outsiders. please note that when a martial combat system branched off into styles and different family names, it was a result of family members branching out to start there own Family/organization, this usually ended up in a war between the lineages/families. this is a brief reason why most families don't teach there martial combat systems to outsiders

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:04pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Last edited by davidlopan123; 9/04/2007 7:38pm at .

poser

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 6:56pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man you guys are stupid. Way to ruin a great article.

@ Airman Kai: "White Man's Burden" much?

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 12:16am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have no idea about what they're on about...

Kai, thanks thats a really good article, i enjoyed it. Saving the masses from stupidity. Good plan, though we'll be in for the long haul i imagine.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 1:03am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlopan123
    mma are gimmicks, "sports taught to people who mistake fighting for combat.
    Buy a fucking dictionary for ****'s sake.

And for the record, no one taking MMA today is delusional enough to think they could take on an armed soldier. MMA is for unarmed combat, it's very efficient at it. In fact I think historically it's probably as good as unarmed combat has ever been, and it's only getting better.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 8:50am

Style: karate and jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL at all of you saving people from themselves.

Some people actually WANT the crap they get. Some people actually enjoy it.

Personally, I think evangelizing to people about MA is a waste of time.

Everyone has a brain. Everyone has the ability to reason. If someone chooses to switch this off when it comes to MA training then there's nothing to do.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 10:56am

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good article. I like the biting sarcasm, wit and total pwnage way of dealing with this situation:

YOU: Dude, your art is so cool. It's so, like, Mr. Miyagi and ****.
    HIM: Mr. Miyagi was in a movie, n00b.
    YOU: Yeah, and your Matrix speed sparring and compliant drills look totally like the movies.
    HIM: What? Did you just say we don't spar fast and we let people win?
    YOU: Don't miss much, do you, Capt. Obvious? So, where's Random Information Man and Dubious Statement of Woe Boy?
    HIM: You're hurting my feelings.
    YOU: Well that's alot better than someone pounding your skull into the pavement on those HIV needles, lava, and used condoms on teh streets, eh?
    HIM: I have made a grave error. You are correct. I am a total 'tard. I will now train at a school that does not depend on compliancy. Thank you, Sage of Facetiousness. You have saved me from sure death.
    YOU: All in a day's work. Now fetch me a beer, I've got a powerful bad thirst a-settin' in, son.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast