Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 11:21am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Moose
    Whats wrong with one minute rounds? You're not going to get anything done grappling wise in a minute unless you're way better than the guy. Hell we've tried sparring mma with 3 minute rounds and its difficult to get much done unless theres a big skill disparity.
    just to make things worse no gnp =) he is probally gonna be the better grappler and i train 5days boxing and only 2 days of grappling training a week. it actually benefits me so even if he gets me to the floor i dotn need to defend myself for that long

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 11:38am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I guess I just dont really see the point in doing an MMA match where theres basically no time for grappling.... why not just do a kickboxing bout?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 11:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well because the opponent is doing boxing, wrestling. if its a kickboxing match i would be happier

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 12:07pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as cardio goes, I would say run, swim, and run some more...And when you feel like you can't do anymore swim...It helps me out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 12:08pm

Style: Muay Thai/BJJ/Boxing/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There only one min rounds? You don't need cardio for that...lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 12:34pm

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since this is a church sponsored event and doesn't even sound like it will effect your amateur fight record, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Train hard in what little time you have left. Then impose your strengths on your opponent and use it as a learning opportunity. If you'd be happier if this was a kick boxing match, make it a kick boxing match. Keep a little more distance and be ready to sprawl. Then use your San Da. Don't give him the chance to use his wrestling.

Record the fight. Watch it, show it to coaches you might want to train with, hear what they have to say... this is a LEARNING OPPORTUNITY.

And if you record the fight, POST IT HERE!

And good luck.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 12:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by cuatro76
    Since this is a church sponsored event and doesn't even sound like it will effect your amateur fight record, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Train hard in what little time you have left. Then impose your strengths on your opponent and use it as a learning opportunity. If you'd be happier if this was a kick boxing match, make it a kick boxing match. Keep a little more distance and be ready to sprawl. Then use your San Da. Don't give him the chance to use his wrestling.

Record the fight. Watch it, show it to coaches you might want to train with, hear what they have to say... this is a LEARNING OPPORTUNITY.

And if you record the fight, POST IT HERE!

And good luck.
    thanks but not sure if its okay with promoter

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 12:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will have a camera. Me, GIJoe6186, and yes even truepwrz's matches will be recorded and posted. I am psoting pwrz match no matter what just to prove to you guys this kid is real lol. I heard you got a lot better though pwrz and are training hard.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 1:04pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the wacky, crazy **** this kid pulls, it's hard to believe he's real :tongue3:

Good luck, pwrz!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 1:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    I will have a camera. Me, GIJoe6186, and yes even truepwrz's matches will be recorded and posted. I am psoting pwrz match no matter what just to prove to you guys this kid is real lol. I heard you got a lot better though pwrz and are training hard.
    boxing i got alot better and lowkicks got harder, i at least know how to sprawl and brawl, shrimpout, and on the ground i know scarfhold, side controll, armbar, and figure 4 lock but more than probably i will just death grip my opponent until the round is over if we do get to the floor...
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 6789 LastLast