Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 1:35am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will be there and had my first fight there. I guaruntee the fight is not being setup in favor of their guy, hell the promoter fought in and lost last time. Its run by a church as a fundraiser and is cool.

Truepwrz: its too late to bulk, just eat normally. ALso, you can't improve much on your skills, strength, cardio by the time the fight comes, you should have had this all taken care of by now. Just focus on strategy.

Who is working your corner or going with you?

I'm guessing you have no corner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 9:05am

Style: Vale-Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

record straight!

I had no idea, first you told me you weighed 150, so I matched you with a guy who weighed 153!

secondly I don't know where you got jeet kune do or whatever? I said he was from crusader grappling?

lastly if you are that light perhaps we should switch your opponent you told us 150 or so that is what we went with,

this is a minor promation, smokers really! just for charity so if it is that big of a problemb I will just drop the fight this time you can train for our nov tourney!

keep in mind however it is only 3 X 1 min rnds and you wear headgear, shooto class C rules! & scoring

Akiem also is only 15 and has no varsity wrestling matches & his boxing book is still blank,

I have nether the influence nor $$ to fix these fights, as evident by my third rd loss last show!

Please let me know what you want me to do, possibly I can find you another bout with a lighter opponent but you must send me specifics call with your weight ! and age I do have a 144 Lber I am trying to match, but he is older with a little more experience!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 9:57am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    Guess Ill see you there. I still dont think this is a good idea in anyway shape or form but what the heck. As far as I know, these are Shooto rules right?

Just do your damn thing. Are you better at standup or ground as of now. Pick one and try to make him fight in that area.

Whos going with you?
    truepwrz, this is a very important question. Who's going with you?

Oh, and for the love of God, someone tape this (if the kid doesn't mind). I hope you are ready, and if not, what the hell, you only live once.

Good luck kid.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 10:39am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well this is the juniors fight so 17- only so both us are around same age or possibly he is younger than me. i am better on my foot and have been training ground game with high school wrestlers and judo. all i know about him is Akiem Stewart from crusader m.a. in ny...

the rules are no knees or elbows, no striking on the ground, we wear cup,headgear,shinguards, and gloves.
    my karate/judo sensei is gonna be my corner

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 11:01am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just do it man. This will be great practice for you to see where you need to improve. Seems to be on the up and up. Let'r'rip. 3

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 11:09am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Churches are having junior MMA fights for fundraising?! Where were these churches when I was a kid? Go beat his ass (for Jeebus)!

Would this count towards your Amatuer record or is this just an exhibition? If it's just an exhibition, go for it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 11:19am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by rev.jc
    I had no idea, first you told me you weighed 150, so I matched you with a guy who weighed 153!

secondly I don't know where you got jeet kune do or whatever? I said he was from crusader grappling?

lastly if you are that light perhaps we should switch your opponent you told us 150 or so that is what we went with,

this is a minor promation, smokers really! just for charity so if it is that big of a problemb I will just drop the fight this time you can train for our nov tourney!

keep in mind however it is only 3 X 1 min rnds and you wear headgear, shooto class C rules! & scoring

Akiem also is only 15 and has no varsity wrestling matches & his boxing book is still blank,

I have nether the influence nor $$ to fix these fights, as evident by my third rd loss last show!

Please let me know what you want me to do, possibly I can find you another bout with a lighter opponent but you must send me specifics call with your weight ! and age I do have a 144 Lber I am trying to match, but he is older with a little more experience!
    only 3x1 min rounds... great then at least i wont gas out and will be safe everythings great in this case and since he will be weighing in 153 i guess there wont be any problem

reweighted myself today got 152 =)
    please some advice for gameplan my sensei says he is just there to corner me and he is not making a gameplan or what so ever...

Crappler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're not ready by now, nothing we can say is gonna help you. Either you trained well and prepared, or you didn't. Best thing I can do is wish you luck.

poser

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 1:59pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by truepwrz
    only 3x1 min rounds... great then at least i wont gas out and will be safe everythings great in this case and since he will be weighing in 153 i guess there wont be any problem

reweighted myself today got 152 =)
    please some advice for gameplan my sensei says he is just there to corner me and he is not making a gameplan or what so ever...
    Not having a game plan is like... bad.

even on my first day kickboxing on saturday (for real, not just cardio) my instructor talked a bit about having a plan when you fight:

How much taller/shorter is he than you? What are your skills and weaknesses, and how do they match up with his? figure that out, then talk with your sensei about a plan for neutralizing your own weaknesses and his advantages, while enhancing your own skills and making his weaknesses come out.

doesn't have to be perfect, but you should have some idea of what you're going to be doing when you step in the ring.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    everyone has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast