Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 6:47pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Who Won The Fight?

Silly, the guy with the better dance won the fight!

On another note, let's see one of those deadly Wing Chun guys go up against either one of these two badasses! NOT!!

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 7:36pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozma
    muay thai would be 2x cooler if they didnt do that queer dance
    Although this was posted months ago, it's just and necessary to say you are an ignorant highschool-minded fucktard.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:04pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But if we bash kata and stuff like that, shouldn't we bash wai kru just as much? They are both not related to fighting, and can be seen as a waste of time (if your purpose is learning to fight), right? Kata doesn't improve your fighting ability, but nor does wai kru... just trying to be fair. :)

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:09pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No. Wai kru is a religion and cultural ceremony. Kata is a tool and a method of practice.

Kata gets bashed because a lot of people use them as replacement for efficient training methods for fighting.

Wai kru has never been sold or made to be a tool or training method. Apples and oranges.

You may as well go all the way and make fun of the Thais for being Buddhists if you follow that line of logic.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Genius

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hui_Xiu
    The Wai Khru Ram Muay is a vital part of Muay Thai.
    Not really. It's just tradition. It's as vital to Muay Thai as gambling is. A person can be a great Thaiboxer without ever doing Ram Muay or Wai Kru.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Genius

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbah
    But if we bash kata and stuff like that, shouldn't we bash wai kru just as much?
    No, because kata and wai kru are two different things that serve different purposes. Kata is supposed to make your technique good or some **** like that. Wai Kru is supposed to be a sign of respect to teacher, family and any gods you decide to believe in.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 5:34pm

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    No. Wai kru is a religion and cultural ceremony. Kata is a tool and a method of practice.

Kata gets bashed because a lot of people use them as replacement for efficient training methods for fighting.

Wai kru has never been sold or made to be a tool or training method. Apples and oranges.

You may as well go all the way and make fun of the Thais for being Buddhists if you follow that line of logic.
    Yeah that is true. BUT, if a muay thai gym has it's students spending TIME on wai kru (time that could have been spent on sparring or padwork), isn't that a bit similiar to a karate dojo having it's students spending time with kata?
    Sure, the karate guys might think it improves fighting abilities, or they do it for leg muscle endurance or whatever, as opposed to the wai kru thing. But still they are both useless for fighting, so if my muay thai instructor told me that ok now we will all train wai kru for 20 minutes.... well you get my point?

Just to be clear, I'm only "arguing" for the sake of trying to view this logically. I'm really on the side of muay thai, and if I did muay thai I'd probably like to learn that dance after a few years anyway, I think it's cool. :)

Genius

Posted On:
    10/20/2007 6:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wai Kru usually isn't taught during fight training time.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123