Posted On:
    10/08/2003 3:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    VERY TRUE
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    10/08/2003 4:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, I've never heard of John Blumming or Wang Shu Chin...there's the education thing.
    Really ??? You should look them UP ! Sometimes Wangs name is Spelled Wang Shu Jin tho . Hes the guy that pulled off all those "Legendary Feats" you hear ppl talking about - ON TELEVISION . the guy would let you hit him ANYWHERE but the Face (Scarring) even the Groin ! .

Marasmos

Posted On:
    10/08/2003 4:49pm

supporting member
     Style: 10th Planet JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Parlor tricks...
    You say what about my rice?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/08/2003 7:04pm

Style: japanese jujutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Djimbe,
    Right again, very true.
    jon Blumming is the correct spelling by the way :)
    Ummm, no it isn't.

Fer chrissake, if you're going to correct someone's spelling, y'all better have your **** together.

It's Jon Bluming. (one M and one B).
    [/quote]

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    10/08/2003 7:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bruce Lee just had the fortune to be able to monopolize the great media instruments of his time.

Hung Hei Goon had what...scrolls?
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    10/08/2003 7:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Djimbe--I will look them up. That's why I (gulp) love bullshido.com, always learning. txs.

Waste--my view of Bruce Lee's legend is become more realistic every day...

...but you know what, Bruce helped a lot of people see the light concerning cross training...and once you get there you can appreciate better the ones who came before and after...call me a fanboy I guess.

Posted On:
    10/08/2003 7:53pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hung Hei Goon had what...scrolls?
    HEY ! Dont KNOCK a SCROLL Mother Fucker !!!

'cause theyre all , , umm , curled up , erm , in the Corner , or something ...

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    10/08/2003 8:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If its on a scroll, it must be lethal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/16/2005 3:08pm

Style: Krav Maga, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

We all take out what we put in

As a long time Tai Chi guy I found my first six months of Krav both physically invigorating as PT is a big part of it and that it pickedf up where my milltary training left off. I live the fact that we are trianed to go for the most damage in the lewast possible amount of time.

Most KM places in My area offer at least 6 classes/week for prices between 95 - 99.00/month, putting it in line with other schools. Krav is the only application where the students start hitting solid objects from the first class, none of this bullshit ari punching.

I decided to take a few months off and go back to my roots (Tai Chi), I can't wait for the month to be over so I can go back to hitting, kicking and doing things to solid objects like people and pads. in the ocassionaly anarchistic fashion of a fight, even in controlled exercies in KM students are encouraged to explode.

As a level 3 student I can't imagine a level 1 (tellow belt )teaching. Truth is that in my area we even have a few instructors from Israel. I look at my lohi in my current school, which just came back from a succesful Kung Fu tournament and I think to myself that these guys wouldn't last two minutes in the world.

I guess the point is that you get ourt what you put in, providing there is someting to get out. My high School and college wrestling would serve me better than years of Tai Chi. Only thing is that I can't see doing Krav Maga at 70 or 9\80, at least not yet

Dude, find a better school. A Krav Maga class should leave you sweating, strong and self confident, anything less and you have to find another school. Please bare in ming that this is not a martial art, this is an application and reflex training.

Hoo Yah/

No longer a Kaju-Critic

Posted On:
    7/17/2005 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kajukenbo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    first off.... you went from tai chi to krav. No wonder you found it great.

Second, necro-posting = no
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456