Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 12:49pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greese
    Kos is a boring fucking fighter. Seriously, it took GSP, the guy who can make any fight exciting to make it worth watching.

He has a boring, one dimension style and if that doesn't change I hope I never have to sit through one of his fights again.
    I agree. Kos is boring. People boo him because they do not want to watch him fight. If I paid whatever ridiculous amount tickets to a UFC event cost, I would boo him too if he busted out his boring lay n pray nonsense.

Sorry people, but UFC is entertainment. As martial artists you think it's a forum for the best fighters in the world to show what works or whatever, but it isn't. Its purpose is to make money. Laying on top of some guy (or jabbing and running away) for 15 minutes is not fun to watch and will not win any new fans of the sport and may actually turn off some current fans.

If Kos wants to lay on people for 15 minutes he can do it in another, smaller venue that is desperate for name fighters.

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 1:19pm

Style: FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a fighter, Kos is athletic but boring.

As a person, he just annoys the **** out of me with that cocky and smug attitude. I feel the same way about some of the other wrestlers such as Hughes, albeit to a lesser extent. Why is it that there seem to be so many wrestlers with this kind of attitude? I mean, you do get the cool Couture types occasionally, but it seems that there are a hell of a lot more pricks from a wrestling background than from BJJ, kickboxing, Judo, or whatever.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 1:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    As a fighter, Kos is athletic but boring.

As a person, he just annoys the **** out of me with that cocky and smug attitude. I feel the same way about some of the other wrestlers such as Hughes, albeit to a lesser extent. Why is it that there seem to be so many wrestlers with this kind of attitude? I mean, you do get the cool Couture types occasionally, but it seems that there are a hell of a lot more pricks from a wrestling background than from BJJ, kickboxing, Judo, or whatever.

Matt Hughes has the advantage of being a serious badass, who looked impossible to beat for a long time. Kos doesn't have this luxury. It makes his attitude even more irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 4:17pm

Style: Mixed-Up Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do something before you become a MMA "diva".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 12:22am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea Feryk, that was always one thing about Hughes for me. He backed up most all of the things he said. For that reason, I could care less when he talked, because he dominated. Nowadays, I'm not sure I like hearing him talk, and that goes triple for Kos.

Dave

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lars
    Did anyone else think that GSP was a little flighty in the stand up? He clearly dominated it, but it looked to me like he was still thinking about Serra.
    It's the damn shame of the whole fight. Kos is supposed to be a good wrestler.

I've concluded it wasn't a dive. Kos just dicked around instead of preparing before the fight, but most of you already knew that.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kos dicked around?
    Alternatively he got dominated by a technically superior athlete who also had greater intensity.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 4:10pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kos probably prepared just as well for this fight as he did for any other; he just got flat out outfought.

Like I posted above, I was expecing GSP to come out and outwrestle someone of Kos' wrestling caliber, because he's already done it.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

International Man of Pancakes

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 5:53pm

Style: Wu style tcc+bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kos seems extremely talented and probably has what it takes to make it to the top--physically. I've seen in other sports where a talented young athlete goes a long way quickly. Sometimes it comes too soon, or he is too cocky, but they always seem to flame out before the realize their talent. I think he's one of those.
    Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices.
    - Voltaire

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 11:54am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    QAppeared to shrink once he realized he would be on his back.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast