Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 12:27am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    And the booing toward Kos, what the **** was that? He didn't deserve that. No fighter deserves that ****.
    Well, you have people with the "paying customer" syndrome...which they think, intitles them to boo people that actually train and fight for a living instead of talking about it in internet forums and the watercooler back at the office. My hope is that, eventually mma fans all around the world will be educated enough to appreciate the fine details of this fine sport...but I better not hold my breath!:qleft1:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 12:50am

Style: TKD, Boxing & SW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1. no figher deserves to be booed

2. funny thing from sherdog. i was lurking thier forums because i was bored as hell. anyway i found a thread about how kos was going to beat gsp for the reasons of supierior wrestling, striking and being almost as good submitting. i then shook my head and cried in sympathy of the retarded.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 6:45am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokujin
    Well, you have people with the "paying customer" syndrome...which they think, intitles them to boo people that actually train and fight for a living instead of talking about it in internet forums and the watercooler back at the office. My hope is that, eventually mma fans all around the world will be educated enough to appreciate the fine details of this fine sport...but I better not hold my breath!:qleft1:

Not that I ever watch any other sports, but I'm pretty sure those same people would boo any athlete they aren't pleased with, no?

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 6:57am

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    [sarcasm]Yeah, a BJJ brown belt seriously needs that link[/sarcasm]

Back to the topic, I'm fucking glad GSP won. He's one of my favorites. I don't have much against Kos, and I think he has a looooooong waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to go. His ground game is not up to the level it should be if he wants to hang around on the top. His striking is better than what it was back in TUF, but nothing extraordinary.

He has his wrestling skills and superb athleticism (both impressive), BUT, that won't take him past beyond GSP and the likes. I'd like to see a recovered Sanchez vs Kos, to see who's really who between the two.

And the booing toward Kos, what the **** was that? He didn't deserve that. No fighter deserves that ****.
    Totally agree man.

Kos is good but he just doesn't compare to the top.

Dunno what happened to the "totally new game" Kos was claiming to have. Maybe we'll be able to see it when he faces someone more his skill level.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 7:15am

Style: BJJ, bad MT, ringworm fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You forgot after he said he had superior wrestling, striking, and almost as good submissions, he said he would knock GSP out in the first 2 minutes of the first round. He didnt' deserve to get booed, but he really needs to stop talking so much. The look on his face after the final bell was priceless. I hope this fight is a wakeup for him to shut up and just keep working hard, but the way he acts the next fight he'll probably be saying "GSP couldn't finish me, i'm unstoppable baby!"

I'm not witty enough for this custom title.

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 7:31am

Style: In Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsampras3
    You forgot after he said he had superior wrestling, striking, and almost as good submissions, he said he would knock GSP out in the first 2 minutes of the first round. He didnt' deserve to get booed, but he really needs to stop talking so much. The look on his face after the final bell was priceless. I hope this fight is a wakeup for him to shut up and just keep working hard, but the way he acts the next fight he'll probably be saying "GSP couldn't finish me, i'm unstoppable baby!"
    Really? Where'd he say that? I must've missed it...

In any case, that still make Kos have a better attitude than Diego.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 11:25am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least this fight wasn't as boring as the one against Sanchez. That was one of the most disappointing and boring matches I've yet to witness. (Even though I had to appreciate the gameplan and the execution of it that..) Right up there with the 25 minute lay'n'pray hug fests that the "superfights" were back in the day. Huge buildup, boring prancing.

This fight was entertaining. I liked how GSP beat Kos in pretty much every aspect of the fight.
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 5:10pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine
    Not that I ever watch any other sports, but I'm pretty sure those same people would boo any athlete they aren't pleased with, no?
    Of course...that's why I call it "paying customer syndrome"! Paying stuff gives them the sense that they can express their displease out loud whenever they feel like it! It's fair in the sense that you paid for something that you are not getting, but still, it's dumb and impolite...and besides, related to mma, I see it when the audience is not well versed in the science of the fight (control, timming, strategy, etc ). Damn, I wish every fight would end with a sweet highlight reel KO or wicked sub, but then again, I dream with Shakira, so take it with a grain of salt!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 12:00am

Style: GJJ beginner

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did anyone else think that GSP was a little flighty in the stand up? He clearly dominated it, but it looked to me like he was still thinking about Serra.

Motorboatin SOB

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 5:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo and BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kos is a boring fucking fighter. Seriously, it took GSP, the guy who can make any fight exciting to make it worth watching.

He has a boring, one dimension style and if that doesn't change I hope I never have to sit through one of his fights again.
    And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast