Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 11:58pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why waste time on something other than MT?

Really, lets look at the alternatives when it comes to striking. And Im not even gonna cover the shitty TMAs like TKD, just the ones that people generally belive are good.

Kyokishin Karate> Cant punch in the face, no real clinch....All K1 fighters with KK background crosstrain in MT.

Xanda> Neglected clinch and lots of shitty kicks that dont work. Was basically created by the chinese as an attempt of not getting their asses kicked every day by thais, didnt work...

Western Boxing> Yeah, go ahead, stand with your knees bent like that and try to punch me before I break your fucking legs with my kicks.

American Kickboxing> Diet Muay Thai for pussies.

Seriously, do MT if you have any sense at all and stop wasting your fucking time on any other ****.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:02am

Style: Wrestling and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's got a point. Every other striking art's pretty well useless in a fight. Why bother?

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:23am

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NakMuayWarrior
    Really, lets look at the alternatives when it comes to striking. And Im not even gonna cover the shitty TMAs like TKD, just the ones that people generally belive are good.

Kyokishin Karate> Cant punch in the face, no real clinch....All K1 fighters with KK background crosstrain in MT.

Xanda> Neglected clinch and lots of shitty kicks that dont work. Was basically created by the chinese as an attempt of not getting their asses kicked every day by thais, didnt work...

Western Boxing> Yeah, go ahead, stand with your knees bent like that and try to punch me before I break your fucking legs with my kicks.

American Kickboxing> Diet Muay Thai for pussies.

Seriously, do MT if you have any sense at all and stop wasting your fucking time on any other ****.

Last muay thai fighter that thought that ended up with my foot in his face several times. Ignorant little pussies like deserve the beating they get for underestimating the "other styles".

You full yet little troll or did you actually want to serious get into this stupid arguement?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:26am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would for the most part have to agree as well . I thing there are a few other good low line kick's that have some value ,, given the proper time and opponent besides shink kicks, but as a whole yeah, why bother with anything else . Whats kinda funny is when you see tma folks doing their "alive" sparring, its really just shitty MT . why teach all those pre-arranged patterns and **** if your never even going to try one yourself lol.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:27am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bah MT has nothing on the Kaber toss

What are you going to do when I throw a tree at you

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:32am

Style: Wrestling and Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soju - Joe

What are you going to do when I throw a tree at you
    Move out of the way. :P

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn It!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:46am

Style: Tae Kwon Do(GTF now)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    (hi there,i got internet access at last)
    this is kind of thread that really pissed me off.but okay ,lets start from the beginning
    1)we tkd practitioner use broad range of open hand techniques,takedown,grappling technique,and, of course,kicks,which is our specialty
    2)try to compete in a tournament with other ma rules(like WTF tkd tournament)and you will know the results
    3)the reason why other ma fighter being defeated by mt fighter because ma in the west(especially usa,canada) have a serious problem:McDOJO and BS training regime.
    4)try to fight a silat practitioner,from malaysia and indonesia

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 3:06am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember seeing a great video on YouTube of a Sanda fighter tooling and Muay Thai fighter. Throws in standup game are awesome. I'll try and find it again.

Oh, and yeah, OP? Stfu.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 3:32am

Style: Fencing, Sword play, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Because MT like many of the other "best" martial arts is not well rounded. That is, it is not a complete fighting system, it lacks interceptions, takedowns, groundgame, and any kind of weapons training.

For example:
    In this fight we have one person who is okay at kickboxing and okay and bjj, not surprisingly the person who's really good at kickboxing wins. However it is obvious that both need to work on their ground game.
Page 1 of 14 1 234511 ... LastLast