Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 11:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Streetfighting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Can't Believe I'm here...

OK yes I'm that bored. I'm here for no other reason then to waste time.

First, I'm duh Ron Collins. The same Ron Collins who wrote and published Black Dragon Ninjitsu for Dojo Press. I can't speak for Ashida Kim nor answer any questions about him. I am going to clear up some stuff on me and my art.

Concerning the Koga-Omoto Ryu Ninjitsu I was taught, let me begin with this. My first instructor in the system was a guy named Reggie Martin, his wife was Japanese and they met while me was stationed in Japan (technically Camp Foster Okinawa). After their marage he was taught the art from his father and law. I was taught by him and his uncle in-law.
    That training included sparring and several combative drills. All this took place either Charlette NC, Beckley WV and in one occasion Canada.

Both men, adapted what they learned to what they know from experience. I was never passed in secret ninja scrolls and as a real do not call myself a ninja, or a shinobi. I do not call myself a ninja because it inspires images of cartoonish "men in black BJs" using swords where a silenced MP5 would a million times more effective and quieter. My attraction to ninjitsu in the first place was the "guerrilla warfare" and small teams aspect. In a more practical sense as Sensei Martin explained it to me "Ninjitsu is the art of sneaking up and slitting some poor SOBs throat. Thus, keep it simple."
    Both Sensei Omoto and Marin; "updated" thier knowledge and incorperationed skills not common to ancient Japan. So I in truth hardly consider what I do as "Authentically Japanese" unless someone wants to tell the koryu styles used assault rifles? I used the term ninjitsu simply because the art I practice is "ninjitsu derived."

Any Questions?

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sound far too reasonable to be a Ninja

I suspect a trick

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:17am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can it be "ninjitsu derived" if you cannot trace a clear, historically accepted lineage back to the Ninja in Japan during the Japanese feudal period?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:23am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What ryu-ha of ninjutsu did your "fighting" come from?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:33am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    How can it be "ninjitsu derived" if you cannot trace a clear, historically accepted lineage back to the Ninja in Japan during the Japanese feudal period?
    How can boxing be boxing if it doesn't have a clearly traced lineage to Roman or Egyptan boxing styles? Like the millions who haven't seen and varified the "ancient ninja scrolls" of Hatsumi's I took it in bad faith. If an American pulls some stuff out his butt and calls it combatives without a clear historically defined lineage then does that mean he isn't combative? No...

If a Japanese man, or infact several develop a combatives style based on stealth, distraction and jujitsu is any less of a "stealth art" or exclude him from using a term native to his language? Again, No... SO even if the art is say 30 to 40 years old, it's still ninjitsu.

My understanding of the art is this, Omoto Ryu Ninjitsu is derived from older methods of criminals and Ashigaru (Footmen); who were often commoners conscripted into war and given little to no training. So there lowly commoner developed something on there own. Either way its saved my bacon in the street, in jail and in the military.

TO be honest with you, I could care less if it was invented by homeless drunk who thought he was Jesus Christ, so long as it works... I was told it was ninjitsu and I just go with it...

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    What ryu-ha of ninjutsu did your "fighting" come from?
    The family name of Sensei Martin's in-laws was Omoto. Hence Omoto Ryu Ninjutsu, but where it came from historically they made zero mention. Just what I explained above.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:44am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omoto-ryu ? you have kanji for that?

Are you claiming its a family martial art with no verifiable lineage?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So this secret family martial art, taught for generations right?

And they taught a gaijin like you?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:56am

Style: Taijutsu/Karate/Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Collins, would you consider posting a video on bullshido of you demonstrating your style of Ninjitsu? Im interested to see what its like.:glasses2:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:29am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoNinja
    Collins, would you consider posting a video on bullshido of you demonstrating your style of Ninjitsu? Im interested to see what its like.:glasses2:
    It would take me a while cause some drunk ***** broke my camcorder, but I''m gonna get another one soon. I have no problem with posting the video.

Give me a few weeks though ;)

Plasma,

1- I never said it was a secret, be kinda hard to secret when I'm writing books on it...
    2- Reggie was from NC by the way and Sensei Omoto lived in Canada. He taught "jujitsu" until his students his shodan and then went to learn "ninjitsu." Either way same system, but plenty of gaijin as you say.
    3- I'm claiming two guys, both interrelated through marrage said they were teaching me a family art. The principles are sound and its 99% effective. I've also spoken with Reg's daughter who lives in Japan, works for her grandfather (he sells computer parts and fiber optic cable) and her grandfather is practicing the same stuff her dad taught us.

So if its a "recent invention" as I said earlier it works. As I understand it Fuedaul Japan had few poeple who could read or write and the Samurai were not the only warriors in Japan. Like Fuedal Europe, peasants were conscripted and lacked the education of "Nobles/Knights/Samurai" which was required to act as Lt.s and Generals in times of battle. I wasn't alive then, so I'm not going to say yay or nay...
Page 1 of 17 1 234511 ... LastLast