Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last
  1. #11
    melk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    511
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take that back, the only people I know, other than Matty P, who have done this for real or know someone who has are Russians.

    Matty is also in a breed of his own.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for your comments.

    A 22 probably wouldn't buck much more than the CO2 gun used. And I was just walking and shooting. Also, it was the first "take" made, but since it was OK, I stopped. To me the video shows that the method works, and that was the purpose.

    On my site, there are pics of "real guns" and the targets used, plus videos showing shooting one and two handed. Try the gun test page if you are interested: www.pointshooting.com/guntests.htm

    There also is a video of me shooting at and hitting pop cans tossed into the air with an airsoft, which is indicative of a method that is easy and accurate.

    Using a two handed grip allows you to make forward punches and elbow smashes as with the CAR system, see pics.

    Again thanks for your comments, and I don't plan to debate the method here as I feel that most if not all questions are answered in the articles on the site. I have been doing this for a number of years now, so I have fielded and responded to most any objection one can think of.

    Also, if you don't like it, or if it can't be used with your gun, please don't use it.

    And you also can try it out yourself, at your own risk and expense of course.

    And always use safe gun handling practices.

  3. #13
    melk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    511
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shot
    Thanks for your comments.

    A 22 probably wouldn't buck much more than the CO2 gun used. And I was just walking and shooting. Also, it was the first "take" made, but since it was OK, I stopped. To me the video shows that the method works, and that was the purpose.
    You are right there... however it also won't stop a concerted attacker. A .22 won't even punch through what most people wear for winter clothes in most states.

    Quote Originally Posted by 5shot
    On my site, there are pics of "real guns" and the targets used, plus videos showing shooting one and two handed. Try the gun test page if you are interested: www.pointshooting.com/guntests.htm

    There also is a video of me shooting at and hitting pop cans tossed into the air with an airsoft, which is indicative of a method that is easy and accurate.

    Using a two handed grip allows you to make forward punches and elbow smashes as with the CAR system, see pics.
    If you were hitting all x-ring and could prove that you were not an experienced shooter, I might think that your "method" has something too it. However just hitting paper... don't cut it. If you can't put in all black at at least 20' you won't stand chance in a stress situation. Also you seem to simply disregard all of the studies and research done by Law Enforcement, and military. For instance here is a study done by the NYPD and cited by Viriginia State police. http://www.virginiacops.org/Articles...ing/Combat.htm
    Even studies done by the Secret Service state that without the use of simunitions the type of aimed accuracy in combat that you are talking about is simply a pipe dream.


    Quote Originally Posted by 5shot
    Again thanks for your comments, and I don't plan to debate the method here as I feel that most if not all questions are answered in the articles on the site. I have been doing this for a number of years now, so I have fielded and responded to most any objection one can think of.

    Also, if you don't like it, or if it can't be used with your gun, please don't use it.

    And you also can try it out yourself, at your own risk and expense of course.

    And always use safe gun handling practices.
    So essentially you came to our forum for free advertising. Now I am not just saying that you are full of ****, but that you are an asshole troll, trying to pump something that is not tested, and does not correspond with any combat statistics or studies, and then you have the balls to say, "use at your own risk." I can only hope and pray that a moderator punk-busts your ass. In case you hadn't noticed the point of this forum is for discussion and debate about the effectiveness of systems. Not for free advertising forr an untested and unproven system that you are not willing to have to defend.

  4. #14

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Believe you got your site wrong about the SOP 9 info. The link in the article is to my site.

    All the articles and info on my site are for FREE, and the hits are just fine thank you.

    And if a mod want to wipe this thread out, no prob.

    Your loss not mine.

    Have a nice day.

    :tongue2:

  5. #15
    Don Gwinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Virden, IL
    Posts
    3,564
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't see the site at work. You're not that guy with the flaming stupidity from THR and TFL, are you?
    That will last a much shorter time here.
    *********************************************

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    31
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I have decided I too will get Elvis Costello to do a cameo in my next shooting video. he he.

  7. #17
    vigilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,293
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What a load of horse ****.

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    7
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those who know how to read and think some, here is a link to an article on modern point shooting.

    IMHO P&S is a bit faster, but then to each his own.

    http://www.glocktalk.com/attachment.php?postid=8838580

  9. #19
    vigilus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,293
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For those who know how to read and think some
    Meaning if we don't agree with you we're stupid?

    You should come back when you
    A. Use real firearms
    B. Have the professionalisim to answer questions and defend your statements.

    Droping the "It just works" bombs is cheesier than that smell you get behind you're ears after not washing a few days.
    Last edited by vigilus; 8/28/2007 8:40pm at .

  10. #20
    SFGOON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    2,208
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Funny how the more this guy posts, the less I seem to care.

Page 2 of 6 First 123456 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO