Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 1:54pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gym sends legal letter to popular forum.

A gym here in Ireland (Martialartsinc.com) has sent a legal letter to a popular webforum here in Ireland over a thread created which questioned it's practices.

Basically, they offer mixed martial arts classes that aren't really MMA classes and the videos on the website for their MMA sparring resemble a bunch of people instructing after watch one UFC event. The prices are also high for a gym that claims to offer MMA training, but really - is just another rip off gym that doesn't produce any results.

We have an amatuer MMA league here that all MMA gyms enter and they don't send any of their students to it.

I find it hilarious that they would threaten a public forum with a legal letter because someone called their training like they saw it. Afraid of the truth perhaps?

Here is a video of their "mma sparring": http://www.martialartsinc.com/downlo...aTraining.mpeg - basically kickboxing fobbed off as MMA. No takedown ability, no ground game.

Another gym jumping on the MMA bandwagon.
    Last edited by John.O.Brien; 8/25/2007 1:57pm at .

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:04pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting, do you have a text of this letter? I've never seen an Irish legal threat letter before. Hopefully it doesn't mention banshees:)

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:07pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I didn't see any wrist grabbing and they were hitting/kicking each other in a ring..

Must have been _uners then?
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thats not even proper kickboxing...
    Footwork crap, combinations unrealistic, striking crap, cover/guard crap and the guys opponents were clearly beginners.
    Cristal clear that the irish website was correct by saying that they don't teach good mma classes.

I would be very surprised if the thread made by that gym would have any consequences at all, i think they are bluffing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Interesting, do you have a text of this letter? I've never seen an Irish legal threat letter before. Hopefully it doesn't mention banshees:)
    It was posted by the admin of the site that he received a legal letter when someone posted a thread questioning why the said thread which questioned their practices had been removed.

"We are in receipt of a legal letter from Martial Arts Inc and are reviewing content. "

That is what the admin stated. I don't want to post the forum incase they get in further legal trouble. When they give the all clear, I can then.

Master of the Shrimp

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How crazy is that: a fraud being pissed that someone called them a fraud! they didn't even make up a Dillman-esque lie( oh that is our begginers class! they really became angry! I find amusement in this:gwbdance:

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:47pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So you aren't telling us what forum it was posted on, we can't see what they got upset about, and we can't see the letter to see what their complaint was. And now the content in question has been removed.

This makes me think that the complaint was justified, otherwise "the forum" admin would have told them to go "sod off".

Either way, we need more information.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 3:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BSDaemon
    So you aren't telling us what forum it was posted on, we can't see what they got upset about, and we can't see the letter to see what their complaint was. And now the content in question has been removed.

This makes me think that the complaint was justified, otherwise "the forum" admin would have told them to go "sod off".

Either way, we need more information.
    The forum was boards.ie (thread is here: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055140598 )- boards were filed with a lawsuit a year or so ago by a company called MCD because people on the forum posted about how MCD fucked up organising for a Concert. Even though it was a public forum, boards didnt want to take any chances and removed the threads.

So they are super careful now when they receive any legal threats.

The original thread is now removed, but the jist of it was someone asked about the gym because they were looking at going to train there, but one or two posters said that they trained there beforehand and didnt learn anything functional and that it was a waste of time.

Then a few more posts were made inquiring into martial art's incs instructors and who teaches the MMA class and what qualifications they had as the mma videos looked really poor. They received no response.

Then the thread is deleted because of a legal letter.
    Last edited by John.O.Brien; 8/25/2007 3:09pm at .

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you contact the posters who were in that thread and tell them to come here and re-post what they said?

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 7:51pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido has previously hosted such discussions.
Page 1 of 9 1 2345 ... LastLast