224919 Bullies, 3265 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten.

Posted On:
    8/24/2007 10:14pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    so, after we incorporate ground fighting into tkd, can we incorporate it into nascar? cause they're TOTALLY lacking in submission defense.

You know, I've been thinking that exact same thing.

I was also thinking chess and cunnilingus could use some groundfighting.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 12:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually...My school has incorporated some ground fighting into tkd... You guys ought to learn what TKD is before you keep attacking it. The main principle that everyone in these forums fails to see is why tkd is the way it is. It is because of evolution. It has been around a long time and continues to improve. Everyday there are new discoveries in it. It can maintain and grow all at the same time. TKD is constant improvement.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 12:30am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So incorporating means:

1) Your instructor found a KEN SHAMROCK'S KILLER TOE HOLDS video on Limewire and offered a brief field report on what he found?

2) Your instructor just invented an armbar based off a vague understanding that you grab the arm and break it; you drill it for five minutes and never use it again.

3) Once a month your instructor tells you to "start wrestling" and "you know, roll around and stuff".

4) Your instructor is experienced enough in BJJ/Judo/Wrestling to teach competently and answer questions.

5) Your instructor doesn't know what he's doing.

Pick one.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 12:34am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about I pick that you can't accept the fact that a martial art can get better. You are too afraid of that. That is something I have noticed is that while many martial arts remain the same. TKD changes everyday. We still aren't willing to settle for perfection. Yes maybe moves were inspired by other styles and they probably were. But what styles haven't influenced eachother in some way? TKD accepts growth, but always holds tradition. So stop neglecting it yourself, go out and better YOUR martial art and stop bashing others.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 12:49am

Style: Taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterQuest
    It has been around a long time and continues to improve. Everyday there are new discoveries in it. It can maintain and grow all at the same time. TKD is constant improvement.
    Comparatively TKD, as we know it today, has only been around a very short time. Much of what were the Korean MA were influenced greatly by the Japanese occupation of Korea. As for evolving, it has. It has evolved into a sport, from a Martial Art. My dad studied TKD in the 60's, around when the Art was first introduced in the US. Back then part of the full contact sparring were leg sweeps, and takedowns. I would like to see this come back, however if ground training is really what you are looking for, cross-training in BJJ or Judo would be the best for the individual fighter. Trying to supplement TKD curriculum with half-assed grappling will only hurt you in the long run.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 12:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are right. Tae Kwon Do by name hasn't been around for a long time. It is basically everything that was left from ancient korean martial arts as well as like you said japan's influence. (That does not make japanese martial arts better. It was a very close minded thing to force one style and ban all others.) Im not looking for ground training, Im just stating that it has been incorporated. Its not necesarrily half assed grappling. There are many ways to get the same result. My dojang has just found good ways to combine tkd with grappling. It works very well.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:00am

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How about I pick that you can't accept the fact that a martial art can get better. You are too afraid of that.
    Yes, we both understand your groundfighting comes from a worthless source. The identity of the course is in question.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 1:43pm

Style: TaeKwonDo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are right. Tae Kwon Do by name hasn't been around for a long time. It is basically everything that was left from ancient korean martial arts as well as like you said japan's influence. (That does not make japanese martial arts better. It was a very close minded thing to force one style and ban all others.) Im not looking for ground training, Im just stating that it has been incorporated. Its not necesarrily half assed grappling. There are many ways to get the same result. My dojang has just found good ways to combine tkd with grappling. It works very well.
    Who told you that BS about TKD being everything left in KMA and Okinawan karate?
    Do you see Ssirum in TKD, Archery practice, do you see any of the martial arts from the Muyetobotongji incorperated into TKD or even Taekkyun? The answer is no you do not if anything TKD is koreanized karate. Get your facts straight before making Half-assed assumptions which you look bad.

It was also very closed minded for the japanese to annex korea burn down temples and national building as well as books, but even more closed minded for the joseon dynasty to treat the millitary class like ****. After the battle of Shinmiyangyo the weak joseon dynasty should have learned that its millitary was obsolete. Do not just blame the japanese for what they did blame the joseon dynasty for allowing it to happen as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:47pm

Style: TKD, wrestling, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you have any video of your dojang doing a grappling workout that you would like to share.

As for TKD changing constantly I believe that change is good but constant change is not something that evolves TKD rather it mismashes it into something that may have one point been TKD but is now in the realm of . . . . crap. Evolution of anything takes time it instructors who see a hole in the art and attempt to fill it by adding to what they teach without training in it themselves teaches everyone bad habits. TKD evolution is not a fast food fix. It is a slow process where individuals have to be willing to take the time to work it in and stand up to the powers that be in order to create change.

Looking forward to any video you may have.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 3:19pm

Style: Mongolian

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I pretty much agree with everyone else. TKD doesn't seme to have components that could be applied to the ground. You will have to learn another style for groundfighting. I've seen only a handfull of styles that have a complete game that includes standup, throws, and groundfighting. Even then, the styles had specialities and were stronger some areas but had limitations in others.
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast