7/11/2007 4:21pm

Style: Systema & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UFC 76 confirmations, rumors, and everything else

well, i havent see these topics talked about yet...so here goes

Dana White: “Shogun” to Debut Against Lyoto Machida at UFC 76

Verbal Agreement Reached for Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva UFC 76 Fight

along with the confirmed bout between Jon Fitch and Diego Sanchez, this one is shaping up to be another stacked show maybe

other related news

Martin Kampmann “on Track” for Six-Month Recovery

Thiago Alves Returns at UFC Fight Night 11 in September

Rashad Evans vs. Tito Ortiz II Set for Cincinnati’s UFC 77 Event

Sean Sherk taking on BJ Penn UFC 78

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 5:57pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Matt Hughes and Serra face off in December after TUF6, right?

Man. The next few months are going to be awesome. Can't wait to see Sherk vs. Penn and Wandy vs. Chuck. Also kind of excited to see Thiago Alves fight again, he really put on a crazy BJJ clinic at his last fight.

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    7/11/2007 6:42pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i really wish they'd give chuck and wandy a fight each first.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 4:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea me too Pauli. Wandy needs at least one fight for all of the UFC-only-recent-bandwagon-jumpers to get to know of his awesomeness, and I want to see Chuck at least get one fight under his belt before doing such a hype-fight.

Dave

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 4:42pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm itching to see Shogun v. Machida. I think that'll be an awesome fight.

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 7:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, apparently, wandy turned down the fight with chuck
    maybe he thinks he needs a tune up fight as well

anyway, yes, shogun/machida will be a great fight. But is this too fast? I dunno if Dana thinks Machida is a B level fighter or somethin, but I'm worried that shogun is being pushed a bit too fast.....without the fans knowing who he is...etc...

anyway, article from sherdog about the wandy thing
    UFC president Dana White said Wednesday that Chuck Liddell (Pictures) would not fight Wanderlei Silva (Pictures) Sept. 22 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. Moreover, White told Yahoo!'s Kevin Iole the fight between former UFC and PRIDE 205-pound champions would now likely never happen after a Wednesday deadline to finalize the deal passed.

"I have done everything in my power I could do over the last six years to make this fight and it's still not happening," White told Iole. "I just don't see it happening now."

White said he was informed by someone representing Silva that the "Axe Murderer" declined a fight with Liddell.

The Liddell-Silva clash has been long considered a mixed martial arts dream fight. In 2003 Liddell joined the PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix field with a chance to fight Silva. They were paired on opposite side of the brackets and Quinton Jackson (Pictures) stopped Liddell. "Rampage" met Silva in the finals, losing to the Brazilian by TKO.

In 2006, the UFC brought Silva, still PRIDE champion, into the octagon to hype a bout between the light heavyweights "at one of our biggest pay-per-views, at a time when [PRIDE] were really in a lot of trouble, because I wanted to make that fight," White told Yahoo!. "It shows you how incredibly stupid those people were, because they took what could have been the biggest fight in this sport's history and blew it up." A deal with Dream Stage Entertainment never materialized, and Zuffa eventually purchased the Japanese MMA brand from DSE.

Liddell's spot in the main event is tenuous. Silva's teammate Mauricio Rua (Pictures) will remain on the card to fight Ryoto Machida (Pictures), and White said he had not considered putting "Shogun" in Silva's place. Also, White said Diego Sanchez (Pictures) would fight Jon Fitch (Pictures) in a welterweight clash.

poser

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 9:51pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds like good stuff, but I'm still waiting on Crocop.

Posted On:
    7/12/2007 11:55pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    last i heard, Cro Cop has added a full sized cage to his training facility to familiarize himself with the thing...since he now realizes its a huge oversight on his part

no longer with Werdum for his grappling training, he has employed the services of Ricco Rodriguez because he saw that Ricco, at his prime was very good at utlizing the cage to his advantage. Whether its G'n'P techniques, or pummelling against the cage, using/defending elbows, or just strategies in general.
    Ricco lives with Mirko now, working together every day, and apparently Ricco is in great shape because of this too

this news isn't new, so imagine some of u already know, but if not....oh well, it was from at least a week ago so i can't be bothered to look it up =)

Posted On:
    7/13/2007 2:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wandys rebuttal

Wanderlei Silva responds via video posted on his website to the allegations that he turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell for UFC 76 in September.

In the video Wanderlei stated, "I never said that I wouldn't fight Chuck. I've wanted this fight for a long time"

The former Pride champion continued, "I received a contract with two options, I could fight in September or November. I have chosed to make this fight in November. I was the first to want this fight, but they kept avoiding this fight. Now there's a lot of people saying that I have ducked Chuck. This is not true"

According to Silva, the timing for the fight to take place in September did not work for him. He explained, "I am in a moment of transition in my life. I'm going to move to the U.S. in a few weeks. I'm going to live in the U.S. and there's a lot of things happening, and I'm not focused on training the way I want to be. I always fought at the time the promoters wanted. Sometimes I did things I should not have done, but this time I won't do that anymore."

Denying he ever turned down a fight with Chuck Liddell, Silva said, "I want to fight chuck in November and make a huge show, and make it the biggest show ever...I have no doubts it's the most important fight of my life. I know Chuck is a great name in the U.S., we'll do a great fight. I think I must be in my best shape, so I want this time to train better to be in my bets shape ever."

Wanderlei asserted, "This fight is on, if he Chuck doesn't hide behind this mess."

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    7/13/2007 3:32pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't wait till Sherk vs Penn. Sherk is a prime example of how strength and cardio can get you far without any technique. Sherk is boring to watch and a crappy fighter (Eat a few strikes, double leg and lay on them then repeat). I hope Penn crushes him.
    Last edited by Plasma; 7/13/2007 9:24pm at . Reason: Sherk is an MMA fighter Shrek is a green orge
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast