Sponsored Links Spacer Image

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 2:29am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK sounds good, I'll call some orgs up this week. Ring of Combat, Reality Fighting, Combat in the Cage. See where they get their fighters from or where they look for.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 10:23am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    OK, I like to fight and stuff. Just got back from my 3rd AM fight, I am now 2-1. I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be with the loss, hell I actually prefer losing in MMA to winning a grappling tournament/match.

Goals? To face better competition and get good experiences each time I fight. I don't want to stop as long as I can do it. Competing in the UFC would be awesome, but I am still a little leaguer, so it's not like I'm just looking for my shot lol, I need work.
    The Combat in the Cage amateur shows are the most well-run ones in Jersey; Ed Hsu is involved in promoting them, which makes it a good line to go to any of his pro shows when you eventually turn pro, and last I checked he was co-promoting pro mma shows with Monte Cox, which is a definite foot in the door for you at any level of pro competition.

I hear Reality Fighting is starting to put together regular amateur shows, but I don't know the extent to which they've gotten into that yet.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 9:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    The Combat in the Cage amateur shows are the most well-run ones in Jersey; Ed Hsu is involved in promoting them, which makes it a good line to go to any of his pro shows when you eventually turn pro, and last I checked he was co-promoting pro mma shows with Monte Cox, which is a definite foot in the door for you at any level of pro competition.

I hear Reality Fighting is starting to put together regular amateur shows, but I don't know the extent to which they've gotten into that yet.
    I was scheduled to fight in Combat in the Cage in July, but the event was cancelled. I only found out (I was never contacted by Ed Hsu, and he did not return my e-mails/phone calls) because the New Breed Fighters org had needed a fighter in my weight. They explained to me the show was cancelled and they could offer me a fight.

Also, I have heard from 3 AM fighters at the last show I was at that Ed Hsu sucks. One guy who fought Pro for Ed Hsu said it was good.

I don't mean to badmouth him just saying what I have been told so far.

I do like that he holds AM and PRO shows though, that is a plus.

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 9:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, have you heard of Ruckus in the Cage? www.ruckusinthecage.com

They are in VA and allow head strikes on the ground in amateur which I would like to do.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 11:38pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    I was scheduled to fight in Combat in the Cage in July, but the event was cancelled. I only found out (I was never contacted by Ed Hsu, and he did not return my e-mails/phone calls) because the New Breed Fighters org had needed a fighter in my weight. They explained to me the show was cancelled and they could offer me a fight.

Also, I have heard from 3 AM fighters at the last show I was at that Ed Hsu sucks. One guy who fought Pro for Ed Hsu said it was good.

I don't mean to badmouth him just saying what I have been told so far.

I do like that he holds AM and PRO shows though, that is a plus.
    Oh, don't get me wrong; the shows are plagued by poor organization and inadequate equipment; and they do suck to fight on. It's just that most of the other amateur shows in jersey suck even worse because they're either completely halfassed or little fly by night operations.

New Breed I haven't known anyone who fought on so I don't have a clear sense of their quality one way or the other; they might be better or worse.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 11:48pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know of Hsu and I can't say anything good or bad about him. But keep in mind the dude has a lot of irons in the fire. And when it comes to ammys they are the first to be forgoten. Not a dis to you, but seriously, the guy has bigger fisher to fry rather than worry about an ammy fighter.

I am in tight with a local semi big time promoter and i know one thing. You don't want to be the ammy fighter who demands pro treatment. You get **** fights, out matched or never called. You are smart to research your fights and take the best for good shows you are golden. If you do this through one promoter then you develope a repore. And if the promter is worth a **** he'll pair you with good guys and not out match you or hand you a tomato can. Just watch out for the local hero thing. If that's all you want then cool but if you want to go farther then you need stay on top of your game. As in above the local promoters head on top.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 12:16am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    New Breed fighters is the only show I have seen so far live. I also got a great view of the show because LI GUY 1 fought in it 2x and I was a corner. Without seeing other shows, I would still say its the best. Best as far as production, putting on good fights and organization.

The owner was pretty nice and cool too, dont know much about him though. All in all though it was good.

UFC Fighter

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 11:32am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, No-Gi Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Keep training... and venture out a bit when when you feel comfortable. We have a lot of shows in Mass... and its not that far from NY.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123