Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:36am

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well at least wear tight white fight trunks. People will think you're some sort of mime fighter hybrid creature from Long Island

Like an albino CHUD or something

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:46am

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amateur record aint **** once you go pro. But the experience you gain as an amateur will play a major role. If you fight in a couple good promotions and they treat you good and pair you with fair and competative opposition then I'd say stay Ammy a while. Once you go pro there's no turning back so to speak. There is definetly a level of commitment required when a fighter descides to go pro. Or at least there should be. I may or may not go pro. I am content with fighting at a local/cicuit level. I have an excellent career and a family to consider as well. So drpping everything to fight is out of the question. Flat out advise though, do let any fucking promoter pressure you into goin pro.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:52am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not trying to get a pro fight, just looking on what to do while Ammy for future going pro. I'm 21 and have no obligations, just pay any bills and see the g/f. That's it. Local fighting is fine but I'm wondering if there is anplace that is a highly thought of AM promotion to consider fighting in the future.

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 12:59am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pic and choose your fights then. Only take fights that are a challenge. Any assclown can rack up a 13-0 ammy record by consistanly fighting total terds. Ammy time is a chance to learn w/o fear basicaly. Take hard fights. When you win, learn why you won and build on it. When you loose, learn why you lost and improve on it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:32am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, stop dicking around here, and get on the phone with promoters for shows you'd like to get into(maybe) and ask them what shows you should be doing and what sorts of things they want t see out of any prospect they might sign and pay. Ultimately, whether or not you get to go pro at all is up to them. They're the ones deciding whether or not to sign and pay you.
    Even if you decide pro isn't for you, doing what it takes to get there is what's going to get you the fights/challenges that you're after.

**** it, If it takes calling up the fucking chain all the way up to Dana fucking White, then fucking do it.

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok Dana fucking potty fucking mouth fuckin white.........

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:51am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He doesnt want to turn pro for now. He has no intentions of turning pro now.

Hes asking what are some good AM shows to fight in that have tough competition. You guys are saying to only fights fights with good competition and not fight cans.

So again, hes asking what are some good AM organizations to find good talent in.

Would a USKBA AM belt be thought highly of or is it a small thing? They promote a bunch of shows as far as I know. How about ISCF? I know Joe Lauzon held a pro one from them.

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 1:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well since I am not familliar with his local situation that's the best advice to give. Did you have a point or are just naturally abrassive (like me).

The best advice is to take the good fighs. Learn from them and descide from there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 2:19am

Style: MMA, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIJoe6186
    He doesnt want to turn pro for now. He has no intentions of turning pro now.

Hes asking what are some good AM shows to fight in that have tough competition.
    Thanks for restating the obvious. Now I'll do the same:

Ask the pro orgs. It's simple as hell here guy, 1+1=2.

If Pro Org X pulls it's fighters from Amateur Orgs Q, S, and T, but not orgs U and G, then clearly orgs Q, S, and T are going to offer the level of competition our fellow is loking for, while he should avoid orgs U and G.
    Even better if there's a consensus between Pro Orgs X, Z and %.

It's win-win after that. If he decides a few fights from now that he'd like to go pro after all, then he's already on the right track. He knows what to do and has already taken those steps.
    If he decides he's not going pro, then no biggie. He found the level of competition he wants anyway.

Sure, ask around for out of area shows and such, but disregarding the opinion of your area Pro orgs just because you're not sure you want to go pro would be mind bogglingly stupid.
    After all, it's thier job to know these things, if they want to see any sort of success.

Posted On:
    8/26/2007 2:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too many letters... mongo confused
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast