Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 11:15am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very little chance of that. One of her favorite lines is they typical "if you've never been to my school you have NO RIGHT to talk about me on the internet."

I especially love the appointment to the MA "hall of fame." Wonder how much that cost?

Dos her terrible spelling piss anyone else off? It pisses me off. I used to grind my teeth at the "insites of zen" tag on her site for a while.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 12:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA, Suio Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My bad, menkyo shoden was what I meant, the first level of teaching.

Menkyo Kaiden would be pretty impressive for somebody not training in a particular ryu for 20 years. She claims to have a menkyo kaiden in Tomo Ryu, which I imagine would be something that can be independently verified.

She did have something on her site about training in MMA, or at least about fighting matches and tapping out, which is why I assumed she actually fought competitive matches.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 4:00pm

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    One of her favorite lines is they typical "if you've never been to my school you have NO RIGHT to talk about me on the internet."

I especially love the appointment to the MA "hall of fame." Wonder how much that cost?
    Well, here's my two cents on this.....

If she is going to make public claims, she better be able to take the public's opinions of such claims! (People who live in glasss houses, shouldn't throw stones?) With, of course, the internet being the public!

And, as to the "Hall of Fame" stuff, well, been there and done that! Fees for such "Honors" go for about $250 - $400 price range. I really hope to never get another "Honor" like that again!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 4:02pm

Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spent one entire evening looking for any web trace of Tomo Ryu. There is none that I can find. Maybe the GM hid due to pressure from the authorities <sarcasm> Maybe someone here can do better than I.

Personally though I find the accusations of Christa being a transsexual really distasteful in light of the lack of any actual proof. Yeah, someone says they have pics, but none have been posted.

Despite obvious appearances, It's a damn mean thing to accuse someone of without a glimmer of proof.

One thing is clear - her alleged claims to having some training in, or knowledge of Zen is bogus. There's nothing on her site to indicate she has mastery of anything besides pseudo-Zen fashion.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 5:18pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjoo
    One thing is clear - her alleged claims to having some training in, or knowledge of Zen is bogus. There's nothing on her site to indicate she has mastery of anything besides pseudo-Zen fashion.
    Quantify how you make such a definitive statement.

Are you a student of this woman (either past or present)

Are you a student of Zen

Are you basing your statement purely on the feeble notion that her website is the only form of verification of her experiences ? If so STFU, otherwise I'd be happy to read how you quantify your comments.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 5:47pm

supporting member
     Style: american jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I spent one entire evening looking for any web trace of Tomo Ryu. There is none that I can find. Maybe the GM hid due to pressure from the authorities <sarcasm> Maybe someone here can do better than I.

Personally though I find the accusations of Christa being a transsexual really distasteful in light of the lack of any actual proof. Yeah, someone says they have pics, but none have been posted.

Despite obvious appearances, It's a damn mean thing to accuse someone of without a glimmer of proof.

as far as the transxual thing...i have p[rovide proof in the past..after all we were friends for 15 years before the surgery and she was a best man at my wedding in 2001. i'm not trying to be distasteful, just answering questions that had arisen

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 6:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus
    Quantify how you make such a definitive statement.

Are you a student of this woman (either past or present)

Are you a student of Zen

Are you basing your statement purely on the feeble notion that her website is the only form of verification of her experiences ? If so STFU, otherwise I'd be happy to read how you quantify your comments.
    Not a student nor have I ever met her. I do study Buddhism and have a working knowledge of Zen and some other forms, and yes, my judgement was in fact based soley on what is, and is not on her website.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 7:19pm

Style: Sword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not a student nor have I ever met her. I do study Buddhism and have a working knowledge of Zen and some other forms, and yes, my judgement was in fact based soley on what is, and is not on her website.
    Then your judgement is flawed, and your opinion on her sexuality/gender is null and void. It is irrelevant to the grade/bullshido issue.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 9:01pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Horse
    Then your judgement is flawed, and your opinion on her sexuality/gender is null and void. It is irrelevant to the grade/bullshido issue.
    Bullshit. At least I have some basis from which to judge something. All anyone else has is "I have proof! believe me!"

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 9:14pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit. At least I have some basis from which to judge something. All anyone else has is "I have proof! believe me!"
    Quote Originally Posted by suddenimpact
    as far as the transxual thing...i have p[rovide proof in the past..after all we were friends for 15 years before the surgery and she was a best man at my wedding in 2001. i'm not trying to be distasteful, just answering questions that had arisen
    This dude had her as a groomsman in his wedding. What more do you fucking need?!
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast