Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 12:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA, Suio Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If she has had any real instruction in iaijutsu, then her instructor didn't do a very good job because she is holding her sword completely wrong. It is a clear amateur grip, with a ham-fist jammed up under the tsuka. Anyone with about 3 days of real training would be taught a proper grip. That is the first thing they teach you.

By the way, the naked pics link of a tranny has now made me feel dirty. And I'm at work, so they will probably come and fire me for being a perv. Or just wasting time on bullshido..

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 6:01pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How old is this woman - person [whatever] ? I ask because to acheive the ranks/grade status she claims I would have expected that person to have spent a considerable amount of time living, whilst studying in Japan or had the rare opportunity to have a Japanese teacher of at least shihan living on her doorstep.
    "To sin by silence when one should protest makes cowards out of men".

~Ella Wheeler

Graviora Manent

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 6:11pm

Join us... or die
     Style: No gym currently.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Spartacus
    I ask because to acheive the ranks/grade status she claims I would have expected that person to have spent a considerable amount of time living, whilst studying in Japan or had the rare opportunity to have a Japanese teacher of at least shihan living on her doorstep.
    Dude, I understand that the koryu sword art you study is different to the one claimed by the Jacobsen creature, but does the system you study have dan rankings, and if so, how long would it take to get to godan or equivalent?

I know it has little do do with Jacobsen's claims, but it might be interesting to have a yardstick to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK AT WORK!
    Let's be honest... just don't click that link, unless that's your thing (hint: Username Lebell)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 6:14pm

Style: Sword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beginner to godan iai - 17 years by our system - assuming she passes all grades first time.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 6:31pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101
    Dude, I understand that the koryu sword art you study is different to the one claimed by the Jacobsen creature, but does the system you study have dan rankings, and if so, how long would it take to get to godan or equivalent?
    Traditionally, koryu don't have dan grades, that system of recognition didn't exist before Kano introduced it for the proliferation of Judo. Koryu normally uses the menkyo system which is a series of teaching licences however, because of the difficulty in translating that into a system which joe public can equate too, some schools of koryu JSA have adopted the kyu/dan grade.

The Eikoku Roshukai is one such organisation however, I'm not entirely sure if they still use the menkyo system first and foremost, using the dan grade system as a means of offering the public an easier means of understanding rank within the association.

Typically the kyu/dan grade system is used in gendai iai - that being the Seitei forms of the Zen Nihon Kendo Renmai, this is however not koryu (although based upon it).

The short answer is there's a possibility that she studies a koryu sword art but holds a gendai rank.

In terms of time training to reach godan or equiv in the menkyo system ? Some where in the region of 20 years possibly less if she was a gifted student and trained regularly.
    Last edited by Rock Ape; 8/27/2007 6:35pm at .

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 6:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: WMA, Suio Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think if you look at her web site and the email conversation you can see that she doesn't claim to have any formal koryu training at all in anything. She was pretty emphatic that the arts/schools she studied are not recognized koryu.

Of course, she seems to have all her menkyo in order at first glance, but honestly the criteria between various chapters of various schools for giving out these "teaching certificates" (which is what they actually are) is vastly variable, and can be different depending on circumstances. For instance in the koryu I study, Menkyo Kaiden, the first teaching certificate, can be awarded only by the Soke, and at his discretion. That means in order to proliferate the art he may bestow the rank on somebody of low skill and low experience, simply because they are American, enthusiastic, and have displayed a relatively solid grasp on the basic techniques. A similar ranked Japanese person may be way better or more experienced, and the standards seem to be arbitrary at times.

So it is entirely possible that the Menkyo scrolls this woman has are legitimately bestowed, by a certifiable teacher in that particular ryu, even if she only studied for a few years. It also looks like she does MMA and competes in the ring, so this may be one of the few "ninjers" stepping into the ring and taking a beating. It would be interesting how many ninjitsu techniques actually carry over for her..

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 8:50pm

supporting member
     Style: american jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    she doesnt compete at all. she particpated in a couple of kaarte tournaments but nothing to the relm of kickboxing or mma.the only complaint that i had was that she was not honest and how she bashes people on the whole buying and forging rank when i know how she started and how she is. for example:

she is suppose to be a 3rd dan in kenpo. #1 the dates she recievd the rank is false . she was promoted orginally through me and then she moved on to persue ninjitsu (which i thought was cool, trying to make her own path). but how can she be a 3rd dan in kenpo when the person who gave it to her is only a 1st dan himself.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 10:22am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The joke of this in terms of her grades is simple.

If she studies gendai arts, the menkyo system is wasted on her, indeed she shouldn't be holding those forms of documents - Her public claims of those forms of certification IMPLIES she studies koryu to those of us who understand the origins of those documents.

I don't know of any (key word) *legitimate* gendai budo which uses the menkyo system over the kyu/dan method of recognition.

I suspect the information purported on her website in terms of her grades, especially those koryu in orientation, are about bullshitting those who don't know any better or stroking her own ego - perhaps both.

How old is this person ?

~Ella Wheeler

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 10:28am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nzeman
    For instance in the koryu I study, Menkyo Kaiden, the first teaching certificate, can be awarded only by the Soke
    May I respectfully suggest you check your facts in terms of the order of the licence, incidentally these documents are authorisations of permission to reach to particular levels within the ryu they are not certificates

Menkyo Kaiden is a very senior level, indicating the holder has permission to transmit the ryu-ha in it's entirety.

~Ella Wheeler

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/28/2007 11:06am

supporting member
     Style: american jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shes like 28 or 29 years ols i think. i wish she would respond to this thread.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast