Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111718192021 2223 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2009 10:14am

Style: Sword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, I take a six-month break from the forums and this thread is still going? Superb.

Anything new happened in the last few months? Has she proved you all wrong? Has she gone up by two dan-grades? Have her balls grown back?

Posted On:
    3/26/2009 11:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

While you were away....

While you have been away, the Ninja world is falling apart!

Some of the midwest and east coast folk who forgot how to have integrity and loyalty to Dr. Hatsumi, have all started their own organizations, all based on their idea of how things should be done. Western hubris knows no bounds. Some are claiming to base their curriculum on the Bansenshukai.

Stephen Hayes is dodging the question of his expulsion from the Bujinkan in 2006 with a line of BS a mile wide, two miles long, and a foot deep. See http://www.stephenkhayes.com/ Hayes is basically calling Dr. Hatsumi’s administrator a liar, how exciting; and is denying the validity of multiple eyewitnesses to the removal of Hayes’ name plaque from the judan list to the left of the kamidana in the home dojo.

Tanemura has finally claimed that he trained with Takamatsu, even calling Takamatsu Sensei his “teacher.” See YouTube - Ninja Movie Trailer - Gift of Traditional Martial Arts This is a preposterous falsehood.

Add to this that Jacobson is doing the Togakure Ryu stuff with mistakes and Gyokko Ryu type footwork. See YouTube - Budo Ryu Ninjutsu Dojo - 7 Traditions

I posted the following in the comments for this video, and my post was disallowed. I guess they don't want this kind of information to get out about how crappy Jacobson really is.

“Nice video, but at 1:40, you are doing Migi Kata Ude Tonso Gata 右片腕遁走型 from the Santo Tonko no Kata 竄逃遁甲の型 , part of the Tonko no jutsu(遁行の術)from Togakure Ryu. But, you are doing it wrong; and there are no henka or ura waza in the densho. You're doing it wrong, or somebody taught you wrong. The correct finish shown in the Jin Ryaku no Maki is katate nage, 片手投げ, done as you go under the arm and behind the uke Hatsumi, Manaka, and Tanemura all teach it this way.”

People continue to post thoughts on YouTube about how wonderful Jacobson is; it is madness to think that this person is a skilled practitioner, let alone a competent teacher.

While you have been away, the sky is falling. Watch your head

Oro Valley Dude

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2009 5:14pm

Style: Hsing I, Bagua, Chi kung

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ovdude View Post
    People continue to post thoughts on YouTube about how wonderful Jacobson is; it is madness to think that this person is a skilled practitioner, let alone a competent teacher.
    Good post.

That's the wonderful thing about Youtube. People can post absolute nonsense on the site, and get comment after comment telling them how badass their material is. Then they can delete anything that questions their " too deadly for the str33tz " image. This is especially true for those individuals that exclusively sell their training on DVD. It's marketing, pure and simple, and there is enough competition out there to make the instructors censor anything that would hurt their business.

Posted On:
    3/31/2009 3:34pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Tomo Ryu 'Menkyo Kaiden' claim

Ok I'm new to this site, but love the work you guys have been doing shining light on false claims. I respect people with martial skills and despise those that try to decieve for whatever end/profit.

Anyway I have read this whole Christa Jacobson thread today and would like to point out some 'irregularities' on the whole Tomo Ryu Bullnindoodoo. The following is based on looking at the photographs from the gallery at www.budoryuninjutsu.com claiming to be the menkyo kaiden of Tomo Ryu. (If there is a close up of this certificate I would like to see it)

It appears that this certificate is supposed to read (Downwards Right to left) "Menkyo - Christa Jacobson - Tomo Ryu Nin/Shinobi Jutsu - November 20th 2005 - Name of Teacher"

On the plus side the author seems to know kanji, the characters for Tomo Ryu are 'door', 'fierce' and 'school'

Ok now the problems:
    1 - the name is written in Hiragana, not Katakana. Katakana is used for foreign names and imported modern words in the Japanese language. Hiragana is used for Japanese words, as aides to pronunciation or clarification in more modern writings. (Sometimes Japanese like to spell some words in Katakana as this makes them seem 'cool' and foreign - just like Westerners loving to get Chinese and Japanese tattoos)
    2 - the characters in the name spell ku-ri-su-da ya-ko-bi-su-n. As hiragana and katakana is phonetic is seems odd that the name isn't JEI-ko-BU-su-n ジェコブスン (the bu has a soft b' sound here as oppossed to the longer 'b-oo' as in Bushido)
    3 - the date is written in an American English format (Month-Day-Year), and not a Japanese format (Year-Month-Day)
    4 - the kanji for the year uses the characters for the numerals 2-0-0-5, where the 0s use the old legal characters instead of the common modern circle - this shows some knowledge of Japanese - BUT, hang on a minute, Japanese have their own calendar which you would see, especially on a document with the gravitas of Menkyo Kaiden of an ancient school of martial knowledge. The date should be Heisei 17.
    5 - Who is the author of the document? The name is at the bottom left - the first two characters look like TEN-CHI, the third, EI/kage, so the name is Heaven-Earth-Shadow 天地影. [影 can be read as EI or kage meaning shadow, silhouette, figure, phantom, trace] - I would like to see the close up to confirm this. So who is Tenchi Ei? This could be a warrior namenickname for Jacobson's teacher - however I have not seen any mention of this on budoryuninjutsu websites. Also you would expect to see the proper name written next to this nickname on the document.

6 - Most importantly, this document is not valid. The 'authors' stamp has been placed next to the authors 'name' - for those that don't know for a document to be legitimate the writer's/author's name stamp is stamped over their name (not vice-versa) - this is done precisely to prevent fraud as name stamps are made for the individual (and registered with the government). For a genuine Japanese person to make this kind of mistake is unthinkable... however for a non-Japanese person who doesn't want to jumble things up and make a document clear cut with a sense of divisions and proper layout...

7 - overall the kanji looks a little contrived:
    i - the TO 戸 character in the school name does not have a flowing line as the brush is swept down, the line has an odd curvature
    ii - the school name on the two densho in the foreground have the kanji sloping to the left as you go down.
    This is indicative of a western style pen grip, where the base of the hand rests on the writing surface and the writing implement slopes down leftwards to the paper. Whereas in the use of a brush for Japanese script the brush is held vertically with the hand off the writing surface.

So who wrote this document - it could possibly be a person of Japanese origin, albeit one who has very questionable gaps in their knowledge, say from a generation or two living in the US, but then if they are forgetting their origin then what does that say for their special secret ninja training. Or a Westerner that has been learning Japanese and wants to be a real life hollywood ninja-master grandmoff blah blah.

For anyone that has the means to invesitigate further - get a decent image of the large red seal on the top right of the document - these seals are made by registered smiths and registered with various institutions in Japan - I would be interested to see what the seal characters say.

Anyway thanks for reading all this. I really hope I havn't made any spelling mistakes as Jacobson's poor spelling and grammar really pisses me off. And just so you know, I'm not Japanese but have lived in Japan since 2003.

Tata

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 1:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bujinkan budo taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very nice insight i came to some similar conclusions about the author myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEgFYCOxFPY

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 7:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haha Scott, love it!

Have now used up a load of time this morning watching some of your vids (and it's such a glorious sunny day outside...).

Just so you know - I didn't see your stuff first then plagiarise it for this post - actually had some time to kill last week and came across (no pun intended) Jacobson and the budoryu site whilst mistyping something, then found the bullshido pages yesterday and felt like adding my 2 cents (maybe more like 10 bucks, 39 cents and a lump of coal by the end of it)

Right off to the garden to scare the neighbours, then see if London is not destroyed by the G20
    :headbang:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/01/2009 11:43am

Style: Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbaioisdead View Post
    very nice insight i came to some similar conclusions about the author myself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEgFYCOxFPY
    And MADDDDDDD props to u!

Like I said before, early on in this thread, it is most common for people that have gone thru a major lifestyle change to create for themselves a different set of life experiences to "back-up" their choice of change. I know this because a friend of mine did this gender change, and then re-invented "herself" to match the change.

No shame in becoming what you feel you should be, but creating a set of "lies" to back it up is another. Someone could get seriously hurt or even killed in this case. (Shades of Coda Scott!)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/02/2009 12:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bujinkan budo taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    she had that video taken down over and over i was actually working on a new video about the name on the signature and the incorrect date but with the info about the stamp now it's even better so its added in

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 10:10am

Style: BBT/BJJ/CJKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tanemura has finally claimed that he trained with Takamatsu, even calling Takamatsu Sensei his “teacher.”
    ovdude -- It was my understanding that Tanemura has been claiming this for years. At least since 2003, which is the revision/publication date on my copy of his book, Ninpo Secrets.

I'm just confused. Would you mind a few sentences expanding your view of this? Including an explanation of your assertion that it is "preposterous?" I don't want to drag this off topic, but -- as a Boojie -- I don't know too much about this and I don't know where you are coming from on it. Thanks.

Posted On:
    4/04/2009 11:17am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Styygens View Post
    ovdude -- It was my understanding that Tanemura has been claiming this for years. At least since 2003, which is the revision/publication date on my copy of his book, Ninpo Secrets.

I'm just confused. Would you mind a few sentences expanding your view of this? Including an explanation of your assertion that it is "preposterous?" I don't want to drag this off topic, but -- as a Boojie -- I don't know too much about this and I don't know where you are coming from on it. Thanks.
    Well then, it is worse than I thought... In short, and not to get off topic, my understanding is that Tanemura only visited Takamatsu once, and that only with Hatsumi, along with Senou, Oguri, etal. For him to say that Takamatsu was his "teacher" is at least disingenuous, and is outrageously absurd. AFAIK, Tanemura received no ranking from Takamatsu. Only from Hatsumi and other teachers he sought out after he left the Bujinkan. The anecdotal evidence does not support his claim. It would be like someone saying that he had personally trained with Hatsumi, when he had only seen him at three Tai Kai. Or saying that "Hatsumi is my teacher" when three Tai Kai's were his exposure to Hatsumi. Where is the honor and integrity in these types of statements? Hope that helps. If you are on the east coast, talk to Ed Martin, Joe Maurantonio, Jack Hoban, Jeff Christian, those men would be more than willing to get you more information.

The real issue here in this post is that Jacobson is equally disingenous. Anyone who thinks that Jacobson is any good has not seen any of the Japanese shihan, or even any of the skilled practitioners and teachers in the Bujinkan. The Noguchi Kihon class videos are supposed to be widely circulated by now; just look at those.

Oro Valley Dude