Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 1:54am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thaiboxersp
    im still having trouble locating this Ichiro Kobyashi (also known as Micheal Keatting Kobayashi). does anyone have any ideas?
    You might want to be sure you're spelling the name right. Sounds like a character from The Usual Suspects.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 2:05am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ, AJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    You might want to be sure you're spelling the name right. Sounds like a character from The Usual Suspects.
    thats how it is spelled and pronounced on her website, i did noticed that the last name in parenthesis is spelled differently so i have tried both ways and still got nothing

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 3:33am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't believe Anshu can spell worth a ****. Micheal? How about Michel or Michael? Keatting? How about Keating? But then again, if Ichiro Kobayashi or Michel Keating Kobayashi or Michael Keating Kobayashi is a fiction, you'll never find him.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 11:43am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    good point

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2008 6:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the stuff i wrote in red below was a recent change she made on her website within the last week: but as stated in previous threads she has no listing on the www.worldbudokan.com website. and after talking to steve crawford about it he said that he doesnt know about the sword stuff but to the best of his knowledge that ken penland probably DID issue that rank. he told me to again refer back to george alexander because he took over penlands stuff after his passing.

with that being said i really dont know how to go about tracking stuff that (a) isnt listed on the websites or (b) tracking anything that penland might have done. some help to find info on the sword stuff would be greatly appreciated

"Master Ken Penland was the instructor of my instructor and although I did not train “directly” under him in Shorinji Ryu Aikijujutsu (my direct teacher was master crawford listed above), he did over see the training. Master Ken Penland helped me in other areas than just jujutsu; he helps in my teaching and instruction in the Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu. My dojo is chartered through the Shorinji Ryu Jujutsu Federation and is recognized by the International Kyu Shin Ryu Aikijujutsu Federation. The arts that Mr. Penland overseen in my training were:

- Shorinji Ryu Aiki Jujutsu
    - Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu
    Last edited by thaiboxersp; 12/28/2008 6:22pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 8:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    aftre some pressing research the rank in stephen hayes' to-shin-do has been verified by the main headquarters in dayto ohio finalllllyyy. but heres the kicker, the black belt they have on file is registered to christopher (chris) jacobson. the reason its not on the website according to them is because the testing instructor at that time who promoted him explained the whole "change issue" and quite simply they kept it listed as the original name. and removed it from the website (they dont keep the best black belt records coming from them)

so heres the question? since the reinvention so to speak, does a person still get to claim that rank? not trying to be a stupid ass, just asking an honest question. technically isn't christa jacobson a different person or how does that look or play out?

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 12:58pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moot. Drop it. If you get a tatoo, should you have to re-test for all your rank?

Sheesh - Missouri.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
    Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 3:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Moot. Drop it. If you get a tatoo, should you have to re-test for all your rank?

Sheesh - Missouri.
    Excellent point.

You earn it you keep it.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 5:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON

Sheesh - Missouri.

just asking.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2009 6:50pm

Style: Parkour and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thaiboxersp, i think it might speed things up if you issued your physical proof that her kenpo history is falsified. Or is it karate?
    We've had posts from one of her students in this thread that implies McDojoism (instructor in two years).
    It is seemingly impossible to verify her Iai, and she acknowledged that this was not through an organization but an individual, so it isn't accredited. So that's neither here nor there (isn't it?).
    I'm thinking that you've gleaned about as much as can be under the circumstances. Which leaves us with someone who verifiably teaches from Buji, Hayes, and Crawford. Does this sum up where this investigation is right now?
    Just trying to help.
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81415161718 19202122 ... LastLast