--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Is nysanda still sanda or is it just kickboxing?

Yes, I did a search on the thread regarding sanda. There is not allot of sanda gyms in NYC and well I am interested in the kickboxing with the wrestling throws in it. So when I google sanda I came across nysanda.com but it looks more like a kickboxing class than sanda. Did the gym changed?It looks like the same owner but has the focus of the gym changed. When I did search the old threads go back to 2014 regarding sanda but not sure if it's still relevant today.

Style
    Judo
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always call and ask

That said, how about Combat Sambo? Theres a great place in NYC

Style
    Recovery(lung surgeries)
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojo76 View Post
    Yes, I did a search on the thread regarding sanda. There is not allot of sanda gyms in NYC and well I am interested in the kickboxing with the wrestling throws in it. So when I google sanda I came across nysanda.com but it looks more like a kickboxing class than sanda. Did the gym changed?It looks like the same owner but has the focus of the gym changed. When I did search the old threads go back to 2014 regarding sanda but not sure if it's still relevant today.
    Stop in and say hey. I am sure they would be happy to show you what they do. Send an email schedule a visit and then come back and tell us. As far as I know they should not have changed at all.

... and for the record "good" Sanda is usually just kickboxing with throws sautéd with a nice Chinese approach and technique base.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Violence is pretty uncommon in clubs in this area, and the dude didn't seem particularly hostile up until the moment he slapped me.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

Quote Originally Posted by WFMurphyPhD View Post
    Slamming the man in the bottom position from time to time keeps everybody on their toes and discourages butt scooting stupidity.