228404 Bullies, 4368 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 34
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. SuperGuido is offline
    SuperGuido's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Plasticville, CA
    Posts
    1,348

    Posted On:
    8/23/2007 8:46pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great videos on bread and butter techniques!

    Thanks!
  2. snowman is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    591

    Posted On:
    8/23/2007 10:52pm


     Style: sadness and tears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Jase, thanks for the videos, quick question, in the no arm North South choke, what grip is your free hand (right) doing during the finish?

    Keep low, shuffle hips around, then you mention squeezing to finish, but it looked as you had your second arm in there assisting somehow.

    Thanks
  3. Donkey_Fizzle is offline

    Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    between the moutains and some sagebrush
    Posts
    1,697

    Posted On:
    8/23/2007 11:20pm


     Style: Kick Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Love that basic armbar. I'll be passing this one on to the team.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1
    Status: Semi retarded... I mean retired
  4. jasculs is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    315

    Posted On:
    8/24/2007 12:25am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    Hey Jase, thanks for the videos, quick question, in the no arm North South choke, what grip is your free hand (right) doing during the finish?

    Keep low, shuffle hips around, then you mention squeezing to finish, but it looked as you had your second arm in there assisting somehow.

    Thanks
    snowman...I'll hook you up with a respone first thing tomorrow (Friday)

    Jason
  5. snowman is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    591

    Posted On:
    8/24/2007 1:23am


     Style: sadness and tears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasculs
    snowman...I'll hook you up with a respone first thing tomorrow (Friday)

    Jason
    You crazy Americans and your crazy time differences.

    :icon_clow

    Thanks man, you're a scholar.
  6. jasculs is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    315

    Posted On:
    8/24/2007 7:48am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Besides, I wasn't asking to bust your balls but to tag you as a purple.
    Nevermind...now I know why I have the purple belt icon...it all make sense now...:toothy10:
  7. jasculs is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    315

    Posted On:
    8/24/2007 7:56am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman
    Hey Jase, thanks for the videos, quick question, in the no arm North South choke, what grip is your free hand (right) doing during the finish?

    Keep low, shuffle hips around, then you mention squeezing to finish, but it looked as you had your second arm in there assisting somehow.

    Thanks
    I don't really do much with the free hand other than grabbing my wrist. I also try to cinch my elbows close to my body and keep my head low. Then I flex my biceps and squeeze and I may also drive my wrists up into the back of his neck for extra pressur, butt most of the time it isn't really necessary. Is there a partifcular area you're having problems with.
  8. snowman is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    591

    Posted On:
    8/25/2007 2:44am


     Style: sadness and tears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jasculs
    I don't really do much with the free hand other than grabbing my wrist. I also try to cinch my elbows close to my body and keep my head low. Then I flex my biceps and squeeze and I may also drive my wrists up into the back of his neck for extra pressur, butt most of the time it isn't really necessary. Is there a partifcular area you're having problems with.
    Ah, I was missing the cinching my elbows closer, when I was trying it, it seemed like I was cranking the back of the neck only, didn't feel like a choke, i'll keep drilling it, thanks.
  9. Scott Larson is offline
    Scott Larson's Avatar

    Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,812

    Posted On:
    8/25/2007 8:22am


     Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know this is off the topic, but that kid in the second video (white shirt, dark shorts) is being really rude. Yawning and crossing his arms. Looking like he's so bored. I hope he got choked out good.
    ________________________________________

    Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

    http://www.buffalokungfu.com


    http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com
  10. McDojo Hater is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    12

    Posted On:
    8/25/2007 10:32pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ, MMA, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hui_Xiu
    I know this is off the topic, but that kid in the second video (white shirt, dark shorts) is being really rude. Yawning and crossing his arms. Looking like he's so bored. I hope he got choked out good.
    That would be me, and looking at it, I totally agree with you, I do look bored (and I do get choked out, I suck)

    I must however state that I love training with Jason at JS BJJ, and I love BJJ in general. but I was being rude by yawning, so you're right.

    EXCUSE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I was having an off day or something, because normally I am not that tired.

    Also, I do practice to the best of my ability, unlike what you'd expect I'd be like after seeing me in that video.

    I do not expect anyone to beleive my excuses after what I seem like in the video, and that's fair, because I do look like a jackass there.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.