Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:42am

Style: Almost Everything.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You could always come to my club. We don't do BJJ exclusively, but if that's what you want to do, my instructor is happy to accomodate. Plus, for some reason, almost nobody shows up on thursday for the groundfighting class. So you could have private lessons with Leon(who is a great grappler) every thursday.

Considering a membership is only $100 a month, and you could do private groundfighting on thursday, plus there are regular classes every other day, it's a great deal if it fits your schedule.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 1:04pm

Style: Muay Thai/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You failed to mention what club you went to. lol

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 2:16pm

Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXacreD
    hey man, I train at TorontoBJJ and I wanna ask:

I'm really torn between the different classes right now; should I just go straight to the MMA class.

Also, I signed up in March but haven't given in a void cheque or really trained at all...are they okay with me just starting to pay now?
    I wouldn't go straight to the MMA class, because the MMA class there is more of an integration class, than an actual start-from-scratch class. Most of the people in there are already blue belts in BJJ and have had probably a year of MT already. They teach you how to integrate what you already know about groundfighting and striking. If you don't know any of one or the other, you won't get much out of it.

Like if you already have MT skills, take the BJJ class for at least 6 months before going to MMA. And vice versa if you're like me with BJJ skills and no striking. In my opinion, that's the best way for MMA. Learn the specifics in each martial art, then learn to integrate in MMA.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/01/2007 8:37am

Style: Almost Everything.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fighting Arts Collective.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123