Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 4:20pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Suggestions on how to keep a training log

I've noticed that some people keep a training log of some sort online. Not sure why they do it in a public forum. Perhaps so that they can't slack without having to face up to others noticing. But I don't like the blog format. It's too unstructured, and it feels a little bit vain.

So, I am considering using Google calendar for this purpose, except I'll keep it private. I mostly just want to track my progress, and get a realistic estimate for how much I train. Have any of you used Google calendar in this way, or do you have any other suggestions on how to keep a good training log? Ideally something that I can access online, and it should be searchable and somewhat structured so that I can tell how much I practice on average.

Thanks,
    -B

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 4:54pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    An offline word file would be fine for your purposes. I usually keep an online and offline file log for backup. Unfortunately I am not aware of any free advanced online service where you can track your training progress.

I like keeping a log because:

-Track how much I progress when lift, what exercises I am doing so I can see when I need to switch up my routine
    -Rant about memorable stories you can laugh at later
    -Reprinting your drills and techniques assists in memorization.

Don't forget to read this helpful thread in our Training Log forum, available to Supporting Members. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=24282
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Flyweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 5:12pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use a Movable Type blog because it lets me categorize everything as well as tag my posts with keywords. Not only can I narrow a search just to a particular subject such as BJJ, MT or Fitness, but I can also look up every post on a particular technique that I want to review.

I like having it public because occasionally folks will read a post and comment either with a question or with a suggestion, both of which can help out my training. I'm also hopeful that as I progress I'll be able to post things that are useful for others who are newer than me, the same way I've learned from other peoples blogs.

If you just want a file to store stuff in you could try using google docs, that way you can have a word doc that you can access from anywhere that has a web connection.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

Using Donkey Guard to Sniffz Your Feetz

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 5:17pm

Style: Kick Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On-line logs also allow others to weigh in with tips to better your training.
    Amateur MMA record: 8-3-1
    Pro MMA record: 3-1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 11:51pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the good suggestions guys. That makes sense about making it available for others to comment on with tips and questions.