Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 5:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was actually this forum (I mean Bullshido in general) that provided me with the information regarding Lt. X's checkered reputation. By that time, however, it was too late. The order and payment was already done. I'm hoping that being enlightened by the good folks here will result in at least a partial refund. I've seen other threads discussing his admission to "fraudulent" activities to some degree, but I have no idea what actually can be done about it. Certainly, his products are not what's advertised. I suppose there's no law that can protect all "suckers", myself included. Exposing these guys more vehemently, however, is a good start.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 5:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I want to vacation in your vaginas.

So what was the actual content of the videos?
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 5:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SFGOON....Again, I definitely over-reacted. But this is my life (11years of post-graduate study and thousands of dollars). It's hard not to take things personal sometimes. No big deal. Just a misunderstanding on my part.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 5:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The content of the Merc combatives was essentially: escape from wrist-grabs (that took an entire disc), basic stomp-kick, memorizing certain sequences (like "cover-step-thrust", then "thrust, thrust, chop, thrust, push"), apparently in an effort to just emphasize to keep moving aggressively during a fight, not necessarily to adhere strictly to sequence, explaining chops, tiger-claws, and chin-jabs as well as eye-gouging, fish-hooks, and nose-gouges. That's about the sum of the MC 1-4. Again, nothing wrong with the info, just excruciatingly long to present and nothing I hadn't read for free already.

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 5:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry you got ripped off.

I once made the mistake of purchasing a "Kempo Home Study Course".

It was MANY years ago...and I still cry myself to sleep about it.

Fortunately for you, as a doctor you could probably afford your mistake more than I could when I was a teenager.

Now, I suppose your only course of action is to enroll in a real, certified martial art that will provide you the type of satisfaction those videos promised.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Indeed, Satori. I have no idea why I envisioned being able to "train" through a DVD anyway. Actually, I do know why, I'm on call 50% of my life, leaving little time for training in a real dojo. Pipedreams, for sure. I just like sports, and if MA provided me self-defense ability at the same time, then so much the better. I'm just not sure I want to do Tang Soo Do (the closest dojo and where my son goes). I'm near Athens, GA.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 9:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 7:17am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks JustaFighter. I've seen their website before, but I haven't looked further or visited the place. Another interesting place is a dojo in Athens whose chief instructor is Randy McElwee, who is a Gulf war vet, retired master seargent, apparently legitimately involved in some special forces, and a military science instructor at UGA. They teach the popular things now, like BJJ, self-defense for women, military combatives, etc. To what extent they may be McDojo, I have no idea, but the guy seems ok on a search function. But after finding this site, now I'm skeptical of everyone. Is there anything out there that's real and not a rip-off?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 10:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pedsmd
    Is there anything out there that's real and not a rip-off?
    The ones that are void of mysticism, don't make you believe that you will become an invincible bad-ass on the street, and offers a lot of sparring in his classes so that his students can use what he teaches under pressure.

Also, the instructor should be one of quality and should be able to back up his lineage, fight record, or anything else he claims that he uses to boost his image. The instructor's classes shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, shouldn't be making you spend extra money just to advance, and people shouldn't be earning there black belts in just two years time either.

I know this is ad-nauseum to a lot of people, but he asked.
    Last edited by JustaFighter; 8/22/2007 10:53am at . Reason: Took out a phrase because it just didn't fit well with the paragraph.

Boneheaded Optimist

Posted On:
    8/22/2007 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Wado Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck in finding a place to train. Being on call that often will make it difficult to show up as often as you would like, but don't let that stop you. Just take what you can, when you can, and realize that you won't be entering the UFC anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    i was once told that "do" means wrecking people's **** for your own philosophical betterment.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin_peebles
    I could be mistaking dumbness for delusion. I'll have to go dig out my DSM IV. It's great to have stumbled upon this site. The rich fauna and flora of mental dysfunction that exists in the martial arts is amazing. It's like the Galapagos.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast