Posted On:
    8/21/2007 2:35pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why are all the pages protected?

I was just browsing the wiki and found the entry for my BJJ school here:

http://www.bullshido.org/martialarts...lian_Jiu_Jitsu

I was going to update it because some of the brown belt instructors are now black belts and a couple other instructors have their own school now, but the page is protected so I can't change anything. In fact, every page I have viewed the source for is protected so I can't edit anything. Also yes, I am logged in when I'm trying to do this.

edit: ok I just found a page which says I have to be a supporting member to contribute but that just doesn't make sense to me. I understand why you have the supporting member system (to pay for server bills etc) and that's cool, I might even become a supporting member in the future if I post more and have some extra cash, but why should I have to pay to be able to contribute to the wiki? if you want an unbiased repository of information from a wide range of sources I'd suggest letting anyone contribute, instead of just members who are already into bullshido enough to support it financially.
    Last edited by artard; 8/21/2007 2:46pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 2:53pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We do this to protect it from vandalism...however, we're considering making the requirement 100 posts on here instead of a supporting membership.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 3:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well, if you do that, I'll probably make my next 50 posts a lot faster than the 2 years it took me to post my first 50 =)