Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 2:36am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it comes down to Henderson's gameplan. Rampage's weakness is in the clinch. If Henderson keeps the fight in the clinch he should win. If he tries to box Rampage he will most likely lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkartigue
    Personally I think this proves another thing about Americans. Not to bash any other nationality but given the circumstances Hendo and Rampage have rose to the tops of one of the most grueling sports with very little "martial arts" background. These gentlemen have proven once again that given the opportunity to become something Americans can rise above and get it done.
    Henderson was a very accomplished wrestler and competed in the Olympics in Greco Roman wrestling twice. He had a great background for MMA success.
    Last edited by Meager; 8/23/2007 2:38am at .

Silent Guardian

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 9:10am

Business Class Supporting Member
     Gladiators Academy Lafayette, LA Style: Judo, MMA, White Trash JJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kenpo
    yea I was all over the map on that post.

Meager
    The reason for the quotes around martial arts. Generally speaking many martial artists held wrestlers and boxers at a lower level then themselves. While those of us who knew better dreaded the day wrestler started to learn how to strike ad submit.
    Judo is only gentle for the guy on top.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/25/2007 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did everyone miss the fight where Henderson... I don't know... knocked Wandy the **** out?

I can't believe no one has brought that up. I see Hendo taking this fight. Dude's never been knocked out.

Personally, I wasn't impressed by Rampage's match with Lindland and though Lindland won it. Nor was I impressed with Rampage's fight with Eastman.

Obviously the KO of Chuck was nice, but how many people with true striking abilities had Chuck fought in recent years?

Clearly, it's a tough fight to call and both guys are awesome. I'd predict a 5-round decision for Hendo in the end though.

I must say, the light heavyweight decision is getting pretty awesome with the Pride crop coming in.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 5:15am

Style: Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know who will win, really, I just think UFC is trying to make a super champion.. That unification match bullshit backs it up totally, whoever wins this fight is 'the guy to beat'.. I don't really care though, I wouldn't expect any less. I know frank shamrock is a total jackass now, but I think there's some truth to his post-baroni fight interview thing he did.

Also, I am totally psyched about LHW in UFC basically becoming the best thing ever in MMA at the moment, but dream matches aside, I don't quite know if it's a good idea..

shogun, wandy, dan henderson, rampage, chuck liddell, ~ the rest of your UFC LHW people in one weight class.

I'm just gonna be laughing if the title is just being rotated around by the pride guys. That'll make my fucking day.

My pleasure.

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And you know it will.

The rest is aging living legends and TUF guys.
    Sumus extra manum tuam.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hopefully I'll get to see Wandy vs Rashad Evans or something. I guess not if he's fighting chuck liddell. I just want to see Rashad Evans get beasted.

Speaking of TUF people, what is this **** about shogun vs forest griffin..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 6:30pm

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Silva has **** takedown defense and Evans has great wrestling. Add in elbows and the cage and it's an ugly matchup for Wand.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 6:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm just saying, i want somebody to destroy rashad evans cause I think he's a chode.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:09pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meager
    Silva has **** takedown defense and Evans has great wrestling. Add in elbows and the cage and it's an ugly matchup for Wand.
    Historically that's true, but he showed much improved td defense vs Fujita and Arona (second match). Tough to say if that's still the case.

Particularly with him having been training with Couture recently.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 9:44am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Hapkido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think Silva's takedown defense is really an issue, he fought a lot of serious JJ guys on his way up in Brazil, and unless I am missing something I don't think he's ever been submitted, or knocked out on the ground. Ortiz was the only guy who's ever really grounded him long enough to win a decision.

Silva's problems against Cro-cop and Henderson were all about conditioning and strategy. Fighters that can weather his initial attack and stay out of the clinch can walk him around until he's tired then wait for his hands to drop.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast