Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152 5354555662 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 8:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tom.f
    I whole heartedly agree with Guilty Spark and would like to add that people train in a lot of different ways. The way I train seems to work for me and for the goals I am reaching for. I personally don't need to be constantly punched in the face to achieve my goals. I respect that others find this to be an important part of their training and more power to them. Train for what you need to achieve, but realize that your goals mean more to you than to most others. If your goal is to **** on other peoples goals, then your goal is to earn the "Dumbass" tag. Dick heads like kungfu2u who won't list a style, but feel the need to disparage others, have achieved this goal. Please give them the tag.
    Hey papsmear;
    it's not about your goals, it's about DISHONESTY. The purpose of bullshido.com is to expose bullshitters who claim that a particular school or style is the best for self-defense, but won't prove it, and is basically selling it to unsuspecting people on the grounds that that it IS the best form of self-defense out there-- like Aids-kido does (thus sending unarmed soldiers into combat). That's why "Seagull" earns his name by flying around the screen crapping on everyone, kicking ass more than Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris or Jackie Chan combined-- when in real life the most dangerous thing about skunk-boy are his farts and his B.O. The he goes flapping his yap that he could beat anyone etc-- and so do plenty of okey-dokeys, but when they get called on their **** to walk it then it's ALWAYS the typical bullshido-excuses like "I don't wanna hurt you" or "the buddha's calling me" etc.

Until they either put up or shut up, it's filed under BULLSHIDO-- no more of this mystical magical bullcrap evasiveness that just avoids giving a straight answer; I can get that at any Chinese restaurant, and at least you get a cookie to show for it.
    Last edited by kungfu2u; 8/30/2007 8:42pm at .

Infidel

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 8:54pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfu2u
    Hey papsmear;
    it's not about your goals, it's about DISHONESTY. The purpose of bullshido.com is to expose bullshitters who claim that a particular school or style is the best for self-defense, but won't prove it, and is basically selling it to unsuspecting people on the grounds that that it IS the best form of self-defense out there-- like Aids-kido does (thus sending unarmed soldiers into combat). That's why "Seagull" earns his name by flying around the screen crapping on everyone, kicking ass more than Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris or Jackie Chan combined-- when in real life the most dangerous thing about skunk-boy are his farts and his B.O. The he goes flapping his yap that he could beat anyone etc-- and so do plenty of okey-dokeys, but when they get called on their **** to walk it then it's ALWAYS the typical bullshido-excuses like "I don't wanna hurt you" or "the buddha's calling me" etc.

Until they either put up or shut up, it's filed under BULLSHIDO-- no more of this mystical magical bullcrap evasiveness that just avoids giving a straight answer; I can get that at any Chinese restaurant, and at least you get a cookie to show for it.
    Just curious, what martial art do you practice and where?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 8:58pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    . Are all of the Bullshido investigations that don't involve shady instructorships, belts, etc. doomed to fail because we just aren't seeing the art in it's true light? Under stress? If Aikido only works when your life is on the line and, like The Tao, the true Aikido cannot be named, seen, etc. in a ring/cage, then would the same hold true for the true Ninjutsu, Taiji, and Dillman Kenpo? Maybe all of these work under severe stress (life at stake, mugger with knife, girlscout selling cookies, etc.) and we've yet to test the Yellow Bamboo by trying to kill them?

I remember reading a Stephen K. Hayes book and sticking at one word: sakki, the "killing force". Without it, a ninja cannot, purportedly, "feel" what his/her opponent is about to do. Masaaki was said to have instructed his assistants and students to actually try to kill him with weapons because that was the only way to be able to feel sakki, when your life was in danger. Now this is a disturbing dynamic, and one I loathe to think about, as I dislike Bujinkan to the core. But the "what if" is there. What if Aikido as it is trained today is useful only when your life depends on it? What if all the other arts we consider Bullshido are the same? Makes you think.

But I doubt it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OqMLzVKAJs
    Science indicates, and Joe Lewis testified, that if you've done something enough in similar circumstances then you'll be able to do it in real life.

It's ridiculous to say that there's something magical about the style that will allow it to work better just because the other person wants to harm or kill you, but until then you don't need to even break a sweat or take a punch-- rather than train realistically in a scientific style; that sort of nonsense is Yin & Yang vs. Einstein.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:01pm

Style: Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From all of his posts thusfar, I'd say he's a TUF n00b. His experiences range from watching UFC to watching King of the Cage, watching others train, and watching food enter his mouth on it's way to adding another extra 100 pounds to his body. Otherwise, I've yet to hear him claim any style. Which means one of two things: he doesn't train and he doesn't want someone to call him on BS if he finally locks himself into a style, or he is Milt Wallace. I think those are our two options at this time.

Edit-

I'm nicknaming him the Artful Dodger.

Infidel

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroth
    From all of his posts thusfar, I'd say he's a TUF n00b. His experiences range from watching UFC to watching King of the Cage, watching others train, and watching food enter his mouth on it's way to adding another extra 100 pounds to his body. Otherwise, I've yet to hear him claim any style. Which means one of two things: he doesn't train and he doesn't want someone to call him on BS if he finally locks himself into a style, or he is Milt Wallace. I think those are our two options at this time.
    My thoughts exactly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone's interested, I'm a scientific fighter. If you need more, read a book on it.

Guess which finger is the fickle one...

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate/ Arnis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone's interested, I'm making this **** up as I go along. I need an asskicking.

You've come to the right place. :spanky:
    If you can't laugh at yourself,
    Others will be happy to do it for you. :evil6:

The 2 most abundant elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.

Infidel

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 9:23pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anyone's interested, I'm a scientific fighter. If you need more, read a book on it.

So let me get this straight.
    Among the things you've said,

-it's about DISHONESTY
    -purpose of bullshido.com is to expose bullshitters
    -won't prove
    -when they get called on their **** to walk it then it's ALWAYS the typical bullshido-excuses
    -Until they either put up or shut up, it's filed under BULLSHIDO
    -bullcrap evasiveness
    -just avoids giving a straight answer.
    After uttering all those phrases, when asked what your style is and where you train this;
    Is your answer?

:laughing1
    You're yet another poser who feels so insecure about their experience that you do the very evasive bullshit you're calling other people on.

Integrity, why don't you read a book on it.
    Last edited by vigilus; 8/30/2007 10:09pm at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 10:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watch out, Guilty! He's going to fire his orbital laser cannon at you and then come after you in a giant robot! Seriously, Kungfu2u, where do you train at and what style do you train? I'll even give you an example: Hi, bullshido, my name is Vince Tortelli. I've trained Hanmudo for about five months at the Delta Martial Arts Center in Cleveland, MS, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for about three months at Epic Martial Arts in McComb, MS, and I am currently studying Gracie Jiu-Jitsu at Deep South Jiu-Jitsu in Hattiesburg. If you want to verify, please contact me and I will help you get in touch with the instructors at these places to show I'm not pulling this out of my ass.

Posted On:
    8/30/2007 10:43pm

Style: crapp-lawl-ing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Translation:
    Hi, my name is Kungfu2u, and I've trained in the art of reading a book about Wing Chun. I consider myself to be a bit of a mixed martial artist, as I've recently begun to read a few pages of the Tao of Jeet Kune Do here and there. If you want to verify that these books are real, and not just figments of my imagination, please go to your local Barnes and Noble Bookstore.

hugs and kisses,
    Kungfu2u