Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 9:09am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is not sarcasm. Maybe you need to get you some english books. Save the vale tudo books for after high school.

TKD BB, are you kidding? That sentence is hard to decipher. If you attacked me FROM your guard, I would defend. If you attacked me WITH your guard, I would have to ask for dinner first.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And BTW, how is this sarcasm exactly? Your total post was:
    HEY!!! Don't knock it. I can defend against the guard now.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 2:28pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing & Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you don't know, then it will be a waste of time to explain it to you.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 3:03pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HPv75
    Vale Tudo basically means No Holds Barred
    No ****!!!! Really??? I always thought it meant "everything goes" in Portuguese. Holy fucking ****, we didn't know that at all. Bro, thanks for bringing that hard-to-find piece of martial information.

which I believe in
    What do you think you believe in? Since when Vale Tudo/NHB is a philosophy or way of thinking? Well, it is, kinda, but I'm 99.99% certain what you believe it is, it is not. So please entertain us... err... enlighten us by explaining your belief system.

*** going to the kitchen to get some popcorn and beer... this is going to be interesting ***

and practice.
    No you don't. You practice Vale Tudo/NHB/MMA by training with other practitioners under qualified instruction. Watching tapes and fooling around with friends or having scraps on the streets it's not MMA training/practice.

No I haven't fought in the UFC or anything like that.
    That much is obvious, Mr. VideoTape.

But I have been in a few streetfights in the past
    We all have, and believe me, the experience we get from them is very, very limited in scope and application. It's not even worth saying it, specially as a way of claiming as a substitute or equivalent of NHB practice.

which fits my NHB mentality very well.
    What's NHB mentality?

Oh...and about the "defend against your guard" comment I made, that was just being facetious.
    Hard to tell. Were you being facetious when you claimed to be learning NHB from Sperry's DVD?

I mean, c'mon. You do boxing for real (or so you say). That should give you enough experience to know you can't pick up Vale Tudo from watching DVDs. Could you have picked up boxing by watching Freddy Roach's videos???????

Like when i said I gave his dogs rabies. Do you know what sarcasm is?
    No, we don't know what sarcasm is, we don't know that Vale Tudo means NHB and we don't know we could learn MMA from watching videos. :tongue3:
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 8/21/2007 3:07pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 9:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Boxing & Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh get that stick out of your ass and stop bitching about trivial ****. If you're interested in debating semantics then this is the wrong thread for you to be in.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 9:20pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    By trivial **** you mean telling you that watching Ruas' DVD doesn't make you a MMA practitioner (which would imply you don't know what the **** you are talking about)? Or would prefer to conveniently ignore that, and focus instead on the literal translation of "Vale Tudo" to English?

I would tell you to post less and lurk more, but the semantics of it would be lost you.

Please enlighten us with your vast experience why this thread (or this website for that matter) is the wrong venue for debating semantics.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 8/21/2007 9:23pm at .
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 11:51pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh get that stick out of your ass and stop bitching about trivial ****. If you're interested in debating semantics then this is the wrong thread for you to be in.
    That's so sweet. Here we've been expecting you to be a half way literate moron and you're a full fledged fucktard. We'll stop being mean and pointing out the errs in your stupid ass posts from this point on, okay?

TKD

PS - See, I can be nice when I want to be!

THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

"Ladies and gentlemen, the pilot has instructed everyone to sit the **** down and shut the **** up." Henry Rollins
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123