Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/19/2007 4:51pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Robson Moura Seminar in South Florida

Six-time world champion Robson Moura is giving a 2 day seminar in Hollywood, FL in the beginning of September. He will be teaching gi, no-gi and even a kids only seminar. He's also available for private and semi-private lessons.

I'm helping to promote this since it's being held at the gym I just gave my seminar at. I was talking to Mike, the gym owner, and he said that last year almost no one showed up for Robson's last one, which was terrible considering how great of a teacher and competitor he is. I've got a better handle on the internets so I told him I'd help out. Anyone who can go to this and doesn't is seriously making a mistake. I'm going to try to make it to this seminar, and I think a couple of my training partners will too. I'd kill to take a private with Robson too.

I was talking to Leo Kirby, the head BJJ instructor, and he told me about the last time he trained with Robson. He said he'd always heard people talk about being "non-attribute based", but this was the first time he'd ever really felt or seen it. He watched Robson kill everyone in the class with zero exertion -- a totally effortless game. Leo said, "He's one of these amazing black belts everyone hears about but no one sees." He also told me that Robson is the one of the only people besides Marcelo Garcia that he'd really love to train under, which is saying a lot considering that Leo is running the first ever Marcelo Garcia affiliate.

Here's the seminar info:

Thursday, September 6
    Private lessons available starting in afternoon/evening.
    Friday, September 7
    Private lessons available all day.
    Saturday, September 8
    No-gi seminar - 10:00AM-1:00PM
    Kids Only seminar - 2:30-4:30PM
    Sunday, September 9
    Gi seminar - 10:00AM-1:00PM
    Cost:
    Seminar

$100 per day.
    $150 for both days.
    $50 for kids seminar.

Privates

$100 for 1 hour private lesson.
    $160 for semi-private ($80 per person).
    Address:

5450 South State Rd. 7, Suite 28
    Hollywood, FL 33014
    200 ft. East on SW 54th Ct. on South side of street

Phone: 954-316-4676 (Mike Daher)

Call to pre-register or schedule a private lesson.
    Last edited by Aesopian; 8/19/2007 6:47pm at .

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 5:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate florida.

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 12:42am

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why do BJJ folks do so many seminars? I know that other arts do them too but it seems that BJJ has really run with this concept.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 10:13am

Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I put the seminar info up on my site and got this comment:
    I wish I lived in South Florida.....that is NOT an opportunity to be passed up, you're exactly right, and if people are curious as to exactly who this guy is, his resume of titles speaks volumes. He is considered a phenom....He just recently won the Pan-Ams & the Grapplers Quest West Pro Division (where by the way, he subbed all 3 of his renowned opponents), and he'll be @ the Mundials in Cali this weekend.

My apologies for the rambling, but in April, I had a Private Lesson with him in Arizona @ Gustavo Dantas's school in Tempe, and it was awesome.

He showed me some of his 1/2-X guard transitions, similar to what has been posted in Aesopian's Archive. He also showed at least 3 versions or 3 escapes to each problem that I mentioned I was having!! There were Side Control/Reverse Scarf escapes, and the Triangle Escapes were awesome. His armbar transitions are cool too....The bottom line is GO!!

Administrator

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 10:16am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll see you there, looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    8/23/2007 11:19am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Olorin
    Why do BJJ folks do so many seminars? I know that other arts do them too but it seems that BJJ has really run with this concept.
    Seminars, either with a predetermined agenda or as a Q&A session, are super helpful. They are longer than a private class, and sometimes the amount of people in the seminars is small enough to make it almost like a semi. Plus you get the chance to really dig into questions and drills deeper than one could in a 1-hour class.

Count me in. See you there guys.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 10:13am

Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Robson just won another gold at the Mundials!

Posted On:
    8/27/2007 5:19pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just went to a Robson seminar two weeks ago @ Ruffhouse TC, Mesa, AZ and it was worth every dime. This guy knows his stuff. We covered about 10 positions with lots of detail and variations to accomidate body types.

This guy is a 7 time world champion and he was very down to earth. If you have the means and the time it GO to the seminar. You will not be disappointed.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 9:03am

Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just got an update from the gym manager:

Hello,
    To update and accomodate Robson's travel schedule and our Children's Only Seminar the following changes need to be brought to your attention:

1) The Children's Only Seminar will be held on Friday evening from 6:00-8:00pm. All children under the age of 18 are welcome. The cost is $50.00 per child and strongly encouraged. I cannot say enough how phenominal Robson's instruction is.

2) Robson will be arriving on Friday late morning/early afternoon and anyone who would like to book a private lesson should call in advance for scheduling purposes. Robson is available and willing to teach privates on Friday afternoon, Saturday, before and after the seminar, and Sunday, before and after the seminar. The cost of the privates is $100.00 for a one hour private and $160.00 ($80.00 each) for a semi-private for 2 people. Again, the value here is unsurpassed and highly recommended. So far, Friday afternoon has 1 private booked, from 5:00-6:00, and Saturday morning from 9:00-10:00am is booked. Please call me at 954-316-4676, or 954-394-1864 to book additional lessons. Either gi or no gi is fine. Look forward to a great turnout for Robson!

Mike Daher

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 11:20am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aeso,

I'll see you on Saturday, will have raw footage for you on DVD from your seminar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast