Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 7:04am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Broken Promises

I was present at the Iron Ring bouts in NY/NJ to support one of my buddies who competed. He will not allow me to give our names because he afraid of being "blacklisted" by the organizers.

I appreciate the need for a fact check. That is what we should require of the Iron Ring promoters when it comes to money.

Ignore my warning is you wish, but fighters deserve an answer to a simple question: What and when do I get paid and why are things changing after the fact.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 7:30am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fair enough.

So, your friend and, it would seem, others at a show in NY or NJ didn't get paid?

I'll admit, promoters fail to meet their financial obligations from time to time. It might be worth noting that this isn't always by design. Don't fill as many seats as expected, get hit with last minuted expenses, and suddenly there's not enough money to go around.

Unfortunately, the fighters can be among the last to get paid. The venue might get their money right off the top. The state, and the state licensed officials, are going to get their money. There's probably an official there ringside with his hand out. The investors want their money. Sometimes there's nothing left.

I agree it's deplorable. I agree better planning should prevent it. I completely agree that the guys in the ring should get paid.

Let's invite someone from Iron Ring to the forums to discuss the issues and see what's what.
    Last edited by sdave; 8/20/2007 7:32am at .
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 7:51am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The only contact email I've found, thus far, is IronRing@zilo.com. I'm dubious that an inviation sent there will generate any response.

Again, please tell us who, specifically, in the organization you've dealt with, and what specific action or inaction is the basis for your grievance.

While I can understand a desire for some anonymity, you have to admit the the threat of being "blacklisted" by an organization that you claim isn't paying you anyway doesn't seem like much of a consequence at all. Moreover, in your very first post, you asked us to "join the movement" and boycott Iron Ring. If you're already boycotting them, WHY would you care if they blacklisted you?

I'm afraid that in the absence of additional information, this is likely headed to Trollshido...
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 9:28am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im just trying to tell you that they tell fighters that there is money involved and so far there hasnt been. And there . The Iron Ring is a television show its not a fight night. Check some of the other boards guys have posted concerns also.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, but the part you're missing is that we don't deal in cryptic warnings from mysterious shadows here.

If you have an allegation to make, you need to make it. If you would like people to take it seriously and maybe let it influence their behavior, you need some evidence that some wrong occurred. You need to tell people specifically what it is that you're alleging, and how you can demonstrate that it's true. Then you need to go about giving people reasons to believe what you say.

Nobody believes you because you tell them to. You might not think that's very smart, but it's a fact of life.

poser

Posted On:
    8/20/2007 4:52pm

Style: punching bag / crew jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don Gwinn wins the thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12