Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 7:47pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never saw any fight stopped and then arguements with the ref over a stoppage that night. All I remember about that fight was it was over fast. That event started over an hour late, so when the first fight started the crowd was wild. They did not boo either, which always happens on a bad stoppage.

In Texas you can knee the head when the guy is in '3 point stance', but not more 'points'. Example, if you are on hands and knees you cannot be kneed, but if you are on your feet and have one hand down(3 points), you can still be kneed in the head. If you are on your knees, you can be knee'd. If someone has you on your back, in side control, you can be knee'd to the body but not the head.

http://www.license.state.tx.us/sport...ules.htm#61111

I have seen fights where illegal knees are used. EVERY TIME the ref will pull them apart and warn the offending fighter and ask the fouled fighter if he is ok to continue. A few years ago a guy from my gym was actually DQ'd for it too.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 9/09/2007 7:53pm at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 10:34pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    https://records.txdps.state.tx.us/DP...y&SID=05388398

The Sex Offender Registry

PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 62, (ART 62.045 AND ART 62.0451) OF THE TEXAS CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE, THE CRIME RECORDS SERVICE OF THE TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY IS FURNISHING ADDITIONAL PUBLIC NOTICE, IN THE FORM OF A POSTCARD, FOR CERTAIN SEX OFFENDERS.

CALVILLO,RALPH MURILLO
    Description

SID 05388398
    Risk Level MODERATE
    Sex Male
    Race White
    Height 508
    Type ANNUALLY
    Weight 154
    Shoe Size 8
    Eye Color BRO
    Hair Color BLK

NamesCALVILLO,RALPH MURILLO
    CALVILLO,RALPH
    CALVILLO,RALPH M

Birthdates07/23/1975

Registrations/VerificationsType Date Agency
    Registration 02/16/2007 tx236065c TX DEPT CORRECTION
    Verification 08/03/2007 tx0571200 GRAND PRAIRIE PD

Offense: 11990001 Sexual AssaultGeneral Offense Counts Victim Sex Victim Age Disposition Time Status
    Attempt to Commit 1 Female 20 11/06/2000 3y DISCHARGED
    It is what it is. No one is perfect and we all have our skeletons that should be made private. This one is not one of them. I've made this public out of concern for my students/acquaintances cross training at Chang Lees Tae Kwon Do/Mesquite. Now we know the reason for the alias Layn Von Erich.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/09/2007 11:58pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PanAmSilver
    It is what it is. No one is perfect and we all have our skeletons that should be made private. This one is not one of them. I've made this public out of concern for my students/acquaintances cross training at Chang Lees Tae Kwon Do/Mesquite. Now we know the reason for the alias Layn Von Erich.
    I think I'll try forwarding this to the center if you haven't already.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 2:27pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, the only person that contested it was Ralph after losing badly. Neither the ref nor the TDLR nor the judges saw the infraction that he was complaining about.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 4:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arclight, you were ringside correct? And I bet you were the official photographer for the event too. If Arclight says there was no foul, there was no foul.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 4:30pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not impossible, but if all parties didnt notice something that only Ralph did, it's highly improbable. Probably some incidental or non-illegal contact that he is mistaken about.

Posted On:
    9/10/2007 4:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arclight
    It's not impossible, but if all parties didnt notice something that only Ralph did, it's highly improbable. Probably some incidental or non-illegal contact that he is mistaken about.
    Considering his rap sheet, that is a hilarious choice of words.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/11/2007 12:30am

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure he's read this thread by now.
    He hasn't been showing up for his classes at that TKD center.
    Chalk up another one to Bullshido busting frauds.

+1 bonus for finding out he's a registered sex offender as well.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 12:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am all for rehabbing ex-Felons...and helping them adjust to society. I don't wish ill wlll to this guy but when it involves kids/women I know and care about. My actions are a no-brainer. Honestly, I wish him well. We all deserve a second chance. This investigation would have never been brought up if he tried going thru it the legit way.

Chang Lee from Mesquite called me...it seems that NOW they think its important enough of a subject to warrant an inquiry. Whereas, before they could care less...about the fraud charges. Incidentally, one of the TKD guys cornered Ralph Calvillo/Layn Von Erich...

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/12/2007 12:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drmadhands
    I know Layn, he used to date my sister. And to tell you the truth I don't know who has started all this stuff but he has not fought for the ufc or kotc. He is just starting his career. He travels alot to train at different gyms here in texas but I havent talked to him in a couple of months. His back ground is mt and jkd and japanese jiu jitsu but I know for a fact he doesnt know judo or any other desciplines! If he is instructing believe me he's is well qualified. as for his record i think he's like 3-0-0. but thats about the extint of it. As for his last name he isnt related to the von erichs he just uses the name to push his career. That was a good business move if i say so ?
    I laughed when he did it but he contacted the von erichs and said he was using it and they didnt object, just said he had to take it up with mc mahon?... He is not adopted and is butt broke from what i remember but a stand up guy. He does bullshit a little but i know he wouldnt go the extent of saying ufc or kotc. make sure it doesnt have to do with haterism....
    I can find out more but ill have to talk to my sis and what gym is he teaching at? you need to talk to the owner and im pretty sure he knows layns back ground? did he ask for his boxing license? if hes teaching im pretty sure the owner knows he's qualified? really doesnt sound like Layn but ill find out.....
    Re-reading this post by DrMadhands I've concluded that the poster can only be Ralph Calvillo aka Layne Von Erich.

*also to be a USA Boxing Coach requires a background check for the kiddos. I know I had one done. Sexual offenders are not allowed to have a USA Coaches Boxing license*
    Last edited by PanAmSilver; 9/12/2007 12:51am at .
Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast