Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253 5455 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2010 6:40pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see that you put a lot of thought into this, Checkers, and you are to be commended for posting. As for what Ralph may do when he reads this, how can anyone know? Certainly you are not responsible for his actions, simply because you posted a truthful statement on a message board.

Now that this info has been made public, it's possible that someone may direct it towards the proper authorities (or direct the authorities to the information).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 10:23am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If anything, I hope Mr. Calvillo will stay on his toes while teaching all them hot young things English as Americans speak it, as long as this thread lives.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 2:08pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for understanding, faybio.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 12:46am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi, this is my first time posting. I've felt compelled to do so for a long time, but I didnt know if there was any point. Most likely there isn't; but I feel compelled to nonetheless. I found this thread around January 2007 after meeting Ralph, who introduced himself as Layn. I met him on Craigslist and I still can't explain why I would do something so stupid, but i agreed to meet him at his house. I have always blamed myself for what happened. After all, I put myself in a dangerous situation. I wasn't sure what to feel. What transpired happened so fast that I didn't have the ability to say no until it was already happening, and at that point I simply froze. I was very afraid. I didnt know what to do. I blamed myself for not being able to stop it. I didn't think filing charges was an option because I thought it was my fault. He never contacted me afterwards and never contacted him. I felt sick when I found ou he was a sex offender. Again, I know that there's not much point in posting this. I guess I'm just a statistic when it comes to this guy.

Posted On:
    8/25/2010 5:41pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sorry to hear that. I do not know the statute of limitations for sexual assualt in your home state but if you are willing to file a criminal complaint you should consider doing so. To the best of my knowledge he was in Europe several months ago, though I lost track of him around Christmas.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 9:33pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A Layn/Ralph Update

QUOTE=Sam Browning;2430384] To the best of my knowledge he was in Europe several months ago, though I lost track of him around Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Oh for Pete's sake I guess I should've thought to catch everyone up since some of the good folks in South Africa have located me and sent me info. I must have a GPS on my bum or at least my e-mail :-).

I was asked to confirm parts of the information from the quoted paragraph below which is part of e-mails I received as late as 12/18/2010.

After speaking with Ralph's dad for two hours one day and him living with me for some months, there are certain things I can unequivocally state: Ralph's never been in the marines let alone trained one, he's Mexican(his dad fresh over the border) & WASP (his mom), and he's never seen the Harvard campus let alone attended or knows where it is (he'd have to Google it to find out). "By the way, his passport is in the name of Ralph Curillo."

The Lies:
    "He trained the marines, he's an expert in South African wildlife, he's got an MBA from Harvard (but he can't even spell properly) he's a martial arts world champion (he fought their provincial champion and he got his ass whipped in 25 seconds).

He works as a waiter at Luigi's Italian restaurant in Umhlanga Rocks, an up market suburb north of Durban on the east coast of South Africa. He had a 6-month non-working visa (and worked) then left for Mozambique and jumped the border to come back to South Africa. So he's back there illegally and working illegally. To confirm, you can phone Luigi's @ 0027315613988 and ask to speak to Layn. Also "teaches" martial arts for a fee 4 hours a day. 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours late afternoons. He doesn't have the qualifications and he doesn't have a license to do so." Gee this all sounds vaguely familiar...And repetitive. I guess at least he's consistent.

Some nice folks have also sent me e-mails and stated Ralph informed them I simply stopped being his friend. I let them know that once you post bail for someone, pick them up from the jail that night, and they leave your place to "go out for something to eat" that same night (leaving their gear and computer behind) and never return, well, that just pretty much sums it up. Had I been aware of any of these 53 pages of posts I would have left him jailed. But my ordeal is settled, and I could only caution them (harshly because some didn't seem to be taking the rather elaborate hint) to TOSS HIM & RUN THE OTHER WAY!!!

Here's a video link posted by Lions Den South Africa:
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=463282302792

And here's an add for training by Layn in South Africa title none other than: New True American Mixed Martial Arts in Sports, Bicycles & Fitness. You can Google it by the name Layn Drewes:
    http://www.howzit.co.za/stuff-for-sa...tial-arts.html

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 10:19pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He changed his last name to Curillo, should I amend the thread title?

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 10:21pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that'd be appropriate, or maybe add it on.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    2/15/2011 10:28pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Browning View Post
    He changed his last name to Curillo, should I amend the thread title?
    I would leave it as a notation Sam. I don't believe his name has been legally changed. I think it's a typographical error, and considering his fleeing from his lies he's using to his advantage. I couldn't locate him in Germany at 1st because I was looking for Ralph Calvillo, but since he had married a German National it afforded him the ability to in some measure change his name to Layn Drewes. But just like here in the U.S. of A you have to manually change your name everywhere if you want it to be consistent. Ralph did not. Since his break up there's no telling which name he kept for overseas. Suffice it to say should he return to America he'll still be Ralph Calvillo.

Posted On:
    3/04/2011 6:12pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

UPDATE - Layn Drewes!!!

Does anyone have a picture u could send to me or if u could reply and I can send a picture I have of the person I know as 'Layn Drewes'? I am a policewoman in South Africa and Layn was supposed to come and meet me @ my home today but I had anm odd feeling about him and I called it off. This person told me he was born in America but moved to Germany where he met and married his wife, who apparently committed suicide 19 months ago. I know where is working right now and he says he teaches martial arts to children at the gym.