Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/05/2007 4:57pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdave
    You cornering for Nick?

I'm cornering Matt Thompson. Actually Guy Mezger and Rudy are cornering Nick.

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 12:46pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The weigh-ins are at 2pm today. I'll be there. When I get back I'll let everyone know if Layn was there.

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 4:19pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just got back. There was no one resembling him there, and I never heard his name called. It was a bit disorganized, but the promoter called out all the names and he was not called. I'll still look for him tomorrow as I may have missed him.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/06/2007 6:40pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.txmma.com/modules.php?nam...ewtopic&t=7089

I started a thread in Texas...from the Dallas/Fort Worth/Mesquite area. I have more info. that I'll post tonight...about his classes at the TKD school,etc.

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 2:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He did not fight at the Sept 7th King of Kombat show in Austin, nor did I see him backstage at the event.

Sdave, both Matt and Nick won. Matt by a triangle and Nick by stoppage. Nick really beat up his guy bad before it was stopped. IMO it was stopped way too late.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 8:02am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How can you be an MMA Champion if you've never fought? This Layn Von Erich guy is just another example of how easy it is for anyone off the street to do the Texas MMA VIP circuit using an alias via false accomplishments and credentials.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 12:22pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    well I guess that settles that.. a fraud.
    I hope someone informs the Chang Lee's TKD Center that they should get a better/new MMA instructor.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 1:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Drmadhands
    I know Layn, he used to date my sister. And to tell you the truth I don't know who has started all this stuff but he has not fought for the ufc or kotc. He is just starting his career. He travels alot to train at different gyms here in texas but I havent talked to him in a couple of months. His back ground is mt and jkd and japanese jiu jitsu but I know for a fact he doesnt know judo or any other desciplines! If he is instructing believe me he's is well qualified. as for his record i think he's like 3-0-0. but thats about the extint of it. As for his last name he isnt related to the von erichs he just uses the name to push his career. That was a good business move if i say so ?
    I laughed when he did it but he contacted the von erichs and said he was using it and they didnt object, just said he had to take it up with mc mahon?... He is not adopted and is butt broke from what i remember but a stand up guy. He does bullshit a little but i know he wouldnt go the extent of saying ufc or kotc. make sure it doesnt have to do with haterism....
    I can find out more but ill have to talk to my sis and what gym is he teaching at? you need to talk to the owner and im pretty sure he knows layns back ground? did he ask for his boxing license? if hes teaching im pretty sure the owner knows he's qualified? really doesnt sound like Layn but ill find out.....
    So, is this Dr. Madhands the actual Layn Von Erich. What's his real name Dr. Madhands? One post in support...what happened to ya?

FYI...I don't think the Tae Kwon Do school cares. I know for a fact that they are aware of this website and this thread on Layn Von Erich.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 2:17pm

supporting member
     Style: 8 step preying mantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by variance
    This guy comes around a local TKD school and claims he's fought in UFC
    and competed in "King of the Cage" and other MMA events.

He's passing himself off as a MMA instructor / personal trainer
    with claims of significant experience Judo, Muay Thai and Jeet Kune Do and is soliciting for students.

I was wondering if anyone's ever heard of him?
    I can't seem to locate a record for a Layn Von Erich
    in Sherdog, FC fighter or UFC.
    If he is actually a VonErich then more than likely he has fighting skills. The Von Erichs I believe started in the wresteling industry a long time ago. The Von Erich's Were a family of wrestelers not unlike the gracie family and their bjj, just surprised that more of them aren't in the MMA circuit today since their family was considered to be hard core.

Whoa a little late with that one if he isn't a Von Erich he shouldn't say he is even if he asked to use their name and thay said yes. Have a little faith in ones self will ya make your own name.
    Last edited by seriousmantid; 9/08/2007 2:48pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/08/2007 5:38pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PanAmSilver
    So, is this Dr. Madhands the actual Layn Von Erich. What's his real name Dr. Madhands? One post in support...what happened to ya?

FYI...I don't think the Tae Kwon Do school cares. I know for a fact that they are aware of this website and this thread on Layn Von Erich.
    That's odd that they don't care.
    If they are a respected TKD school..
    having a bullshido MMA class wouldn't be helpful.
Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 1234 56781454 ... LastLast