Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 11:35pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the school suggestions. I wasn't aware of Dallas jiujiutsu. I'll have to check it out since I have more time to kill this fall. and I think anyone in any martial art in Dallas knows about Saekson Janjira's place.

Mesquite to Richardson/Plano is a bitch of a drive though. especially in the afternoon. Training's world class from what I hear though.

I'll definitely shoot a e-mail to the vonerichs.com admin for some additional verification
    and let my friend know that his "instructor" is more or less BS and/or confront the guy and see how he rationalizes his claims.

It sounded and smelled fishy but I didn't want to kill his enthusiasm
    bashing someone and sounding elitist by calling it out without knowing for sure.

Thanks for the input. and I'll post with any interesting updates as they come.

Banished to Fort Worth

Posted On:
    8/21/2007 11:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by variance
    Thanks for the school suggestions. I wasn't aware of Dallas jiujiutsu. I'll have to check it out since I have more time to kill this fall.
    Felipe's a good guy and his jiu-jitsu is solid. You can learn a lot there.

let my friend know that his "instructor" is more or less BS and/or confront the guy and see how he rationalizes his claims.
    If he needs a BJJ/MT coach he might be able to convince Felipe to teach a class or two...

Thanks for the input. and I'll post with any interesting updates as they come.
    Please do!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Posted On:
    8/29/2007 9:42pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know Layn, he used to date my sister. And to tell you the truth I don't know who has started all this stuff but he has not fought for the ufc or kotc. He is just starting his career. He travels alot to train at different gyms here in texas but I havent talked to him in a couple of months. His back ground is mt and jkd and japanese jiu jitsu but I know for a fact he doesnt know judo or any other desciplines! If he is instructing believe me he's is well qualified. as for his record i think he's like 3-0-0. but thats about the extint of it. As for his last name he isnt related to the von erichs he just uses the name to push his career. That was a good business move if i say so ?
    I laughed when he did it but he contacted the von erichs and said he was using it and they didnt object, just said he had to take it up with mc mahon?... He is not adopted and is butt broke from what i remember but a stand up guy. He does bullshit a little but i know he wouldnt go the extent of saying ufc or kotc. make sure it doesnt have to do with haterism....
    I can find out more but ill have to talk to my sis and what gym is he teaching at? you need to talk to the owner and im pretty sure he knows layns back ground? did he ask for his boxing license? if hes teaching im pretty sure the owner knows he's qualified? really doesnt sound like Layn but ill find out.....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/31/2007 3:31am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmadhands
    I know Layn, he used to date my sister. And to tell you the truth I don't know who has started all this stuff but he has not fought for the ufc or kotc. He is just starting his career. He travels alot to train at different gyms here in texas but I havent talked to him in a couple of months. His back ground is mt and jkd and japanese jiu jitsu but I know for a fact he doesnt know judo or any other desciplines! If he is instructing believe me he's is well qualified. as for his record i think he's like 3-0-0. but thats about the extint of it. As for his last name he isnt related to the von erichs he just uses the name to push his career. That was a good business move if i say so ?
    I laughed when he did it but he contacted the von erichs and said he was using it and they didnt object, just said he had to take it up with mc mahon?... He is not adopted and is butt broke from what i remember but a stand up guy. He does bullshit a little but i know he wouldnt go the extent of saying ufc or kotc. make sure it doesnt have to do with haterism....
    I can find out more but ill have to talk to my sis and what gym is he teaching at? you need to talk to the owner and im pretty sure he knows layns back ground? did he ask for his boxing license? if hes teaching im pretty sure the owner knows he's qualified? really doesnt sound like Layn but ill find out.....
    If he is really 3-0
    what is his real name so that we might look this up to verify?

the fact that he uses another person/families name to promote himself isn't a good representation of his character.

has nothing to do with haterism. he claimed he fought in UFC then retracted.

Why should we believe you? You have 1 post and have not notified any credentials other than your sister is dating him

I wanted to establish whether this guy who's training one of my friends is legit or not.

You want to help? then real name, so we can find a real MMA record to verify.

also some specifics on the extent and length of his actual JKD, MT and JJJ experience.

This isn't a haterism thread. read the name of the damn forum
    its called MA Investigations and Standards.

If your friend BSes sometimes. well then people who BS should expect and be ready to have their BS investigated or called out.

People have more respect for someone who's upfront.
    Last edited by variance; 8/31/2007 3:33am at .

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 12:01pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The school where this Layne Von Eric is teaching out of is Chang Lee's Olympic Tae Kwon Do Center in Mesquite. The only other person I know of that was fraudently claiming to students and health club management to have fought in the UFC was Danny Payne. Danny taught MMA in the Athletic Gym that was locked up/went out of business a few months ago across the parking lot from the TKD school.

Don't know if this Layne Von Erick is the same guy...looking for work.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 12:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of my students trains Tae Kwon Do at Lee's and just told me about this guy. I get his flyer and will post it tonight on my scanner. I haven't seen Layne's credentials nor have I witnessed his technique but I'd welcome him to stop over and do some training.

Have we established what his real name is?

I'd welcome him to try out for the Texas Gladiator Fight Team. We had tryouts last weekend and have an impressive array of talent. If Laynes credentials are legit...he would be a welcome addition to the team. Plus, we fight! Cage of Honor/Sept 20, College Station Beatdown/Oct19, Combate Extremo/Nov3, TAMMA/Galveston/Nov3.

If he's never fought I can definitely get him a matchup in the cage. He's only 15 mins away.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 1:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounds Good Panamsilver.
    I'd like to further clarify that this thread wasn't meant as a insult to Layn or whatever his name is. (As Von Erich may or may not be his legitimate namesake)

Its just simply that I heard extraordinary claims which requires extraordinary proof.

He may be in fact a legit/decent fighter as sherdog/FCFighter isn't comprehensive.

as for his real name.. not sure.. business card I saw said:
    ---
    Layn Von Erich
    MMA Coach / Personal Trainer / Massage Therapy
    ---

KEEP IN MIND claims were told to me second hand(as in I didnt hear him make the claims himself.)
    which I'll reiterate for clarification.

Layn claims:
    * Fought in UFC then changed and said "in japan for something like pride or shooto"

* Trained in JKD, Muay Thai, Judo and Wrestling. (Amount/Extent of training unspecified)

* Claimed to be fighting in Austin this month or next month in a MMA event.

I was going to go down yesterday to watch him coach and teach but apparently the session was cancelled.

What school do you teach at PanAmSliver?
    is it around here in mesquite?

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 2:33pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He is listed as a fighter on the Sept 7th card here in Austin. He is listed as Layn Von Erich from Mesquite, Texas. It says he is a member of the famous pro-wrestling family. I will let you guys know if shows and fights. I'll be cornering one of my gym's fighters at that event.

www.kingofkombat.com

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 3:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What school do you teach at PanAmSliver?
    is it around here in mesquite?
    I own Dallas Jiu Jitsu and formed the Texas Gladiators Fight Team (Members in KS, MO, CO, TX). I have a lot of fighters out of the Mesquite/Garland area...since, I am less than 15 minutes away at 9850 Walnut Hill Lane #107 in Dallas. Check out MySpace/TexasGladiators or my website www.dallasjiujitsu.com

I hope this guys credentials are legit. Hate to see another impersonator doing the VIP circuit again with false credentials.(Brent Browning,Meko Kelley,Reed Cook, Tiger Clay).

Lightweight

Posted On:
    9/04/2007 3:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...a connected source to the TKD school says Lyn Von Erich teaches MMA classes at 4pm/ M W F at Lee's/Mesquite. I don't wish no ill will toward's Lee's Olympic Tae Kwon Do Center...since, they are good at what they teach(Tae Kwon Do).

I can safely say that they are trying to replicate what I've created in my training program with Dylan Domizio. Dylan is a member of Lee's...and since training with me in MMA/BJJ has excelled not only physically but mentally in the competition arena.

Since, training at Dallas Jiu Jitsu Dylan's won many boxing(Dallas Golden Gloves)...and BJJ titles, belts and championships. Including WTF National Champion and induction into the Universal Martial Arts Hall of Fame.

I think they are looking for that added mental and psychological edge I've helped develop in Dylan. That formula for success will be tested when Dylan fights "full contact" MMA in Combate Extremo/Monterrey Nov 03.
    *Dylan is 11*
    Last edited by PanAmSilver; 9/04/2007 3:35pm at .
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast