Our Sponsors:

Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 4:33pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So I got a letter today from the city of College Station, saying that they did not not have to release more then the "front" page information from the police report since it was protected under the "common law right to privacy" which is regulated by Section 552.101 of the Texas Administrative Code. "Information is protected by the common law right to privacy if (1) the information contains highly intimate or embarrassing facts the release of which would be highly objectionable to a reasonable person, and (2) the information is not of legitinate concern to the public."

There is Texas caselaw that says that information surrounding a sexual assualt is considered "intimate and embarrassing." I responded by appealing the decision to the Texas Attorney General on the grounds that the information is highly relevant to the public interest. I'm also sending a pm to Pam Am Silver.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Samuel, it would seem to me that their privacy concerns could be solved with a simple redaction of the victims' personal information (name, address). In Florida, they can't wholesale refuse to release information if the exempt information is redact-able. Whenever I deal with a sex crime, I get the entire report with the victim's name blacked out.

Hell, if they're that worried about it, they can black out the suspect's name too. We all know who it is...
    Last edited by wingchundo; 3/17/2008 12:25am at .

Posted On:
    10/15/2007 4:49pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I asked them to redact her nam (I'm assuming the sex of the victim) when I talked to the College Station Police Department over the phone. They are still blocking the request. When I wrote the Attorney General I also reiterated my request along with certain redactions.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/16/2007 10:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ironically, PanAmSilver and the Texas Gladiators Fight Team will be visiting College Station for the Lonestar Beatdown this Thursday and Friday:walk: . I have two fighters...Jason Williamson/240 and Chris Aguirre/185 fighting.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    10/17/2007 1:55am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sounds like a load of crap from the cops Samuel, glad you upped it and went to the AG's office. I imagine if someone lived locally, they could just pop over to circuit court and grab the file. Alas.

I'm interested to hear if the AG will intervene. Best of luck there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/17/2007 8:49pm

Style: EF UM A

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    College Station cops are bums.

I was there for a weekend event. parked by a sidewalk.

I was given a ticket for a firelane ticket (There was no firelane, nor a fire hydrant anywhere close to where the vehicle was parked.)

I even took a time-stamped photograph for proof.

I didnt notice until I got back to the DFW that the court dated was timed for 5 hours from when I got back from College Station.

Too late for me to drive back.

Missed my court date and they said I could either pay the fine or get a warrant.

$250 dollar ticket too.
    **** them.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 1:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,Boxing,Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hello, from College Station. My fighters and I are staying at the College Station dorms...ready for some MMA fights at Hurricane Harry's tonight! Got two fighters in the cards.

TTT...

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 1:45pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good luck, PanAm Silver

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 2:12pm

Style: random

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PanAm, photos of "Layn's" loss at King of Kombat are now up on TXMMA if you want to use those for fun.

Posted On:
    10/19/2007 4:33pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We got a copy of the front page of Calvillo's arrest report. If Pam Am could scan it and post it with only Ralph's social security number blacked out, it would be appreciated.

"Remarks: The Complainant was assaulted by a known defendant who also attempted to sexually assault her. The Complainant claimed injury from her assault and is willing to file charges."
Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 289101112 1314151622 ... LastLast