Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/06/2009 1:49pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am also a former "student" of this school as well. I was in class when this happened and believe me it was not the first "training accident".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/09/2009 11:27pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I fought a few of Moody's students in their tourneys. They were sad at best. And Brock is epitomy of to much drug usage.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/14/2009 4:11pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I realize that the last post on here was two months ago, but just wanted to share the following:

- While several people have made claims that the school is cult like, they now decided to block the website. The site now requires a username and password to view. The only contact info accessable to non-members is the phone number. When I last checked this thread (two months ago), the site was still up as normal. That's...interesting.

- The organization which was referenced in the original post (the one which may very well be owned by Brock) is no longer in existence. Or at least the website no longer is.

- I found this from 2003:

http://www.blackbeltblog.net/chat_ar...03archive.html

For those too lazy to scroll to 9-10-03, it says (copied directly from the site):

"My name is Walt Bushey and I am the President of KIAI ( http://kiai.dzaba.com/ <http://kiai.dzaba.com/> ), an organization seemingly verifying the background details of a person in an article in your paper. I hold the rank of Okuden Menkyo in Bujutsu (traditional samurai weapons and combative skills) under Kuniaki Senyo sensei ( http://katsujin.org/KGBR.htm <http://katsujin.org/KGBR.htm> ) and I represent Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu and the Komei Jyuku of Sekiguchi Komei sensei (21st inheritor of Muso Jikiden Eishin Ryu Iaijutsu ) here in Texas ( www.katsujin.org <http://www.katsujin.org> - bukijutsu page) .
    I read an article in your paper about a young boy from your town entitled, ?Garnett youth tops in nation in the world of martial arts? dated Wed. July 30, 2003. This article claims that a martial art federation called KIAI is responsible for registering this young boy and his father, one Brock Moody, as a ?sensei? of martial arts. While I applaud the efforts of one so young and in no way wish to diminish his accomplishments, in this article, Mr. Moody made many fanciful claims in regards to this organization called KIAI and in regards to himself in relation to KIAI. I have been the president of KIAI (Kenjutsu International Association of Instructors) for several years now and was appointed to the position of President by the founder of KIAI, Dr. Ivica Zdravkovic of Pozarevac, Serbia ( ikiliki@ptt.yu <mailto:ikiliki@ptt.yu> ). We do keep records of traditional nihon (japanese) budo sensei all over the world. ( Our KIAI web site can confirm this.) This man (and thusly his son) have never been registed by our KIAI or any known or registerd organization using that acronym. The ‘Advocate? article claims that, Brock Moody, has been listed as the youngest sensei in America for more than twenty years by the ?KIAI martial arts federation?. I have checked with every contactable budo organization still in existence from the year 1946 (the year the first budo organization in the U.S., the? USKA ? was founded by Robert Trias) to now that has ever used the word or acronym KIAI in it’s title with a listing online and those organizations not online with a contact telephone no. or recorded mention in the ? Complete Martial Arts Catalogue of Records, Titles and Organizations ? ( authored by John Corcoran and Emil Farkas ISBN 0-671-22668-1) . None of the organizations I have contacted have ever heard of Brock Moody or anything called the ?yen academy?. (Yen is the japanese word for money). There is no evidence of the legitmate existence of ? 20 year old record books? or ?Yen academy sensei exams? liscensed by KIAI or any recorded organization using the acronym ?KIAI? or word ?KIAI? in it’s title anywhere in the last 57 years. If Mr. Moody has any legitimate records backing his statements or verification by legitimate organizations of any of his claims, I invite him to make this verifiable information public to clear this up and prove his statements, or to stop using the legitimate name of KIAI for his unverfiable claims. Walt Bushey President KIAI-President KGBR-Texas Komei Jyuku"

-

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 11:43am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Thank you for the truth

Hello,

I was a former member to Brock Do Jujitsu, when I first joined I could not find much information except what was given to me. I always questioned the site you are talking about because it only showed an update one time when I joined. Thank you so much for your information.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/04/2009 11:48am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can some thing be done for having people paid thinking it was a real business to be in a dojo that customer are thinking they are truly learn but now find out that it is all Fraud?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2009 1:47pm

Style: Karate-knockdown, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by team player View Post
    Can some thing be done for having people paid thinking it was a real business to be in a dojo that customer are thinking they are truly learn but now find out that it is all Fraud?

Cut your losses and run away screaming. Be very happy you no longer go there.

Where are you at now? Are you training?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/05/2009 1:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, stop training once I found out the truth that I was not licensed with the state of Kansas but I was charged for it every time I moved up in the belt colors.

Actually I think I should speak with attornary over this, I do believe that was illegal under a business but I'm not sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/05/2009 3:29pm

Style: Muay Thai, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Team player, you should definitely get the advice of a lawyer. Seems like fraud, and I hope that you can recover some of your monies.

Please keep the forum aware of your plans.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/06/2009 6:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will keep you up dated, thank you!

You know what's sad there are little kids that look up to people like that and think they are great, so sad.

Posted On:
    12/22/2009 9:37pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: No Gi Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live in Ottawa Kansas about 30 mi. north of Garnett where this loser is located. Its borderline cultish how this fucking moron has his whole school of like 30 people brainwashed into thinking he is worthy of his self appointed titles. I first saw this thread looking for grappling schools in this area. I cant believe he has been arrested for impersonating an officer! All over his sight are pictures of himself as a cop even busting a so called meth lab! Also boasting a military career.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast